Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Retired

Which is the best way to see it? Standard, 3D, Imax, some other variation?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Just saw this movie and it was great, better than GOTG2 IMO. Only pet peeve is WB didn't advertise WW more, at least it seemed that way to me. Seemed low-key compared to SS. Glad it's holding up and hope it crosses the 300M mark.
    They actually spent more money advertising WW than they did on Suicide Squad. It may have just not been as apparent in your area, but trust me, the last few weeks before the release date were an advertising blitzkrieg.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Ugh. Seriously? 🙄
    Yeah, it's the beginning that always cracks me up, but when the percussion kick in, it sounds fine lol.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Standard was fine for me. I think WW was shot on 35mm, so IMAX may not be even worth it.
    Superhero shows are trash

Retired

Imax is purely theoretical for me, as none of the Imax theatres within 100 km are running WW (they are running THE MUMMY). I've seen WW twice in 3D formats. I'm thinking I'll go again tomorrow, so I may go to the standard format screening, if it's available.

Astonishing Member

I just bought the wonder woman soundtrack and its amazing.

Does your perspective adjust each time? I ask because mine does a little.

(BTW...my original post was IN NO WAY meant to be snarky. I meant to say "yet.")
    Absolutely. The plot pivots DO come through smoother with repeated viewings, and like I say, it's an excellent film. The last bits tho... as soon as Ares appears, it feels like Snyder's influence outshines Jenkins' control.

There's a tense gray area between love and faith and trust that Gadot and Pine build their relationship in the film. It comes to a head when her faith is broken and his is affirmed and then amplified when hers is affirmed as well. I wish the plot pivots used stronger scripting to really nail down that connection, but I'm a harsh critic.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

How many Amazons were named in the film? Diana, Hippolyta, and Antiope, of course. I think I also heard a reference to a Niobe, but I'm not sure who Niobe was.

Apparently the Ann Wolfe character, who featured in a couple of my favorite scenes, was Artemis. I don't remember the name being used onscreen; was it?

Did any of the other Amazons have names?
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Extraordinary Member

Just a question - in the last battle with Ares, did anyone else feel like she was fighting Emperor Palpatine?

Jump to two minutes.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

3D. 100%. It's definitely worth 3D. IMAX 3D is good too, but expensive. And they don't need the money. As of now, week to week decline was at 45% which, before this movie, was unexpected and unheard of (usually 50-60%.) This weekend, $57.2M domestic so far, and at least $205M domestic by end of day today. That's not including international. And it still hasn't opened world wide (for example, the German premier is 6/15.)

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-w...ce-1202111169/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Absolutely. The plot pivots DO come through smoother with repeated viewings, and like I say, it's an excellent film. The last bits tho... as soon as Ares appears, it feels like Snyder's influence outshines Jenkins' control.

There's a tense gray area between love and faith and trust that Gadot and Pine build their relationship in the film. It comes to a head when her faith is broken and his is affirmed and then amplified when hers is affirmed as well. I wish the plot pivots used stronger scripting to really nail down that connection, but I'm a harsh critic.
    Well, yes, you are. Haha However!! So was Patty. She reshot a lot of what you're talking about, for almost the exact reasons you gave! She felt it was missed hitting some important emotional beats...I think that's how she put it. So good call there. And I agree. Each viewing feels smoother to me. And by end of day I'll have seen it 11 times.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    How many Amazons were named in the film? Diana, Hippolyta, and Antiope, of course. I think I also heard a reference to a Niobe, but I'm not sure who Niobe was.

Apparently the Ann Wolfe character, who featured in a couple of my favorite scenes, was Artemis. I don't remember the name being used onscreen; was it?

Did any of the other Amazons have names?
    Lots were named in the credits! Next time you see it, stick around, you can see. I'm there today so I'll see if I can snap a shot of the credits too.

Phillipus
    Menalippe
    Artemis
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-11-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Retired

The one shot that doesn't work for me in 3D is when the photo is taken. They look like figures in a pop up book. It's hard to reconcile that with the photo we've seen.

The one shot that doesn't work for me in 3D is when the photo is taken. They look like figures in a pop up book. It's hard to reconcile that with the photo we've seen.
    Hm. Did not notice.

BANNED

3D. 100%. It's definitely worth 3D. IMAX 3D is good too, but expensive. And they don't need the money. As of now, week to week decline was at 45% which, before this movie, was unexpected and unheard of (usually 50-60%.) This weekend, $57.2M domestic so far, and at least $205M domestic by end of day today. That's not including international. And it still hasn't opened world wide (for example, the German premier is 6/15.)

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-w...ce-1202111169/
    How many times have you watched it now RW? I am guessing 6 to 8 times, correct?