Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    So if Wonder Woman defeated the god of war with love, could it be that she's the goddess of love?

Hey, just askin'!
    She's gonna have to fight Aphrodite for that title lol. All this God talk makes me want a God of War movie.
    Superhero shows are trash

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    She's gonna have to fight Aphrodite for that title lol. All this God talk makes me want a God of War movie.
    Aphrodite's dead, until revealed otherwise.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    A Quick review:

I really enjoyed the ride, it was refreshing, like a dream come true!

My pros:
    - Themyscira is Wonderful
    - The Amazons are badasses
    - Gal's Presence
    - The diversity
    - The cinematography
    - The fight choregraphies
    - Wonder Woman IS a powerhouse, though I had the feeling that we just saw a portion of what she is able to do. I like the progression of her powers. She is super strong, super fast, durable, heals fast, can speak hundreds of languages. She swims fast too. I suspect she will be able to fly and that she only gets to hover by the end the Ares fight. She also seems to be able to create an invisible force field. I wished she would have used more of the power wave thing, she only used it once, although it seemed to me that the gauntlets only allow her to aim it because after she plows through the soldiers, the energy seem to emanate from her whole body, pushing away everyone.
    - The 2hours+ felt like 10 minutes, it went so fast to me! I mean, it's a good sign, I never felt bored, I liked the quiet moments.e cloak when she had civilian clothes underneath it and that prior to that the shield was nowhere to be seen? Or after the gala scene, she didn't have her upper armor under the blue dress, but she had it when she went to Veld on horseback.

My cons:

- Lots of movie mistakes. Like the BVS picture for instance, the front strap is not on the same side in the WW movie. How could they have overlooked that? Or at the No Man's Land sequence, how the hell did the shiled end up on her back under th
    - Underdeveloped characters, I wish I had seen more of the Amazons, the specifities of their culture, more of Etta too, an explanation as to the blue gaz, and maybe some backstory for Doctor Poison.
    - The Ares fight was too short and didn't seem to me that it was on Doomsday or Zod level in terms of threat. I mean, he's a god right?
    - The dead gods, I don't like it at all. Even though I suspect that they might come back in some way or the other.
    - Why did Zeus have to create a weapon to kill a god? Couldn't he do it himself? Were the other gods so weak to let themselves be defeated by Ares? What is so special about the creation of Diana that only she could bring an end to Ares' life?

EDIT: My favorite sequence is when she destroys the upper part of the Church. It looks like she brought down the Judeo-Christian patriarchy and emerges from the debris as the new goddess of the world!
    Agreed with most of your points except the choreography. I think I'm too spoiled with dope Asian flicks like The Raid that everything else pales in comparison. The Church getting smashed made me think of the bystanders. Probably thinking, "HEY, I got married there, lady!" Would make for a funny Movie Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode lol. Wonder Woman's healing or...maybe aura of invincibility made it hard for me to be invested in her battles. Especially when she gets smacked and slammed by Ares and not even her hair or clothes are messed up.
    Last edited by Bukdiah; 06-07-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Next to the Godfather and Citizen Kane most movies pale in many ways,
    don't mean one can not enjoy......... even down right love many of them, no?

BANNED

That's the goddess of erotic love, I believe.

And yes, Kratos is long overdue for a movie but I don't think there's a studio or an actor on earth that would do him justice. No, not even Sony pictures.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by super_posable_joe View Post
    Loved Wonder Woman! Count me among those who think it's DCEU's best film so far! My favorite parts of the movie are 1) the Amazons 2) the Fight Choreography for the Amazons 3) And Robin Wright as Antiope. I can't believe Princess Buttercup grew up to be such a bad ass. She stole the whole movie for me :-)

It seems the symbol for hope isn't an 'S', after all. It's a 'W'.

'WW' ;-)
    You'll be wanting to see JUSTICE LEAGUE then, I guess.

While I enjoyed the movie a lot, very well done, I was displeased that Amazons were super under powered in the movie compared to the comics versions which they could actually go toe to toe with kryptonians for a while at least in most versions I have seen. But in the movie a gun shot can kill them...that just does not sit right by me. I get they did that so its more believable but it would have been cool if they found a way to keep them still somewhat super. Anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    While I enjoyed the movie a lot, very well done, I was displeased that Amazons were super under powered in the movie compared to the comics versions which they could actually go toe to toe with kryptonians for a while at least in most versions I have seen. But in the movie a gun shot can kill them...that just does not sit right by me. I get they did that so its more believable but it would have been cool if they found a way to keep them still somewhat super. Anyone else feel this way?
    I remember an issue in Rebirth where WW was actually sniped by someone though? I thought they had to deflect bullets, hence their bracers. My knowledge of WW doesn't run deep though.

I remember an issue in Rebirth where WW was actually sniped by someone though? I thought they had to deflect bullets, hence their bracers. My knowledge of WW doesn't run deep though.
    I think i saw that lol, Wonder woman and amazons durability has been inconsistent I admit, but I have also seen Diana takes hits from the likes of Superman and Darkseid and she seemed kind of ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You'll be wanting to see JUSTICE LEAGUE then, I guess.
    Oh, that goes without saying. I've gone to see every major CBM so far, even the much-maligned (deservedly so, IMO) FANT4STIC and Green Lantern (but only parts of Catwoman). THe film where DC's top guns get together to kick Apokolips butt? I'm there on opening night, man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Since they had hoped to give Lynda Carter a cameo, I wonder where in the movie they were going to squeeze her in. The only place I can think is the blonde guest at Ludendorff's party, the one Diana gets the blue gown from.
    Oh gods!

Imagine if she had been in the clothing store, and had been the one to hand Diana the glasses!

My head would have exploded! LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

r ĺPA bbb p bbbbbbbbbbbbb
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    r ĺPA bbb p bbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Did.......did your head explode after all?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Finally got to see the film, and it was a good one. I don't find it great (BvS and Avengers remain at the top of my personal super-heroes movies quality chart) but it is definitely a solid origin story, in a complicated setting (WWI) and that's all I wished it was, at the very least. But I still feel that the end is clunky and awkward, and that this film fails to explain why Diana turned her back on Mankind. I really think that it should have ended in London with the allies wishing to use Dr. Maru's weapon or study it for "further usage in the future" and Trevor sacrificing himself to prevent it for her to retreat in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Finally got to see the film, and it was a good one. I don't find it great (BvS and Avengers remain at the top of my personal super-heroes movies quality chart) but it is definitely a solid origin story, in a complicated setting (WWI) and that's all I wished it was, at the very least. But I still feel that the end is clunky and awkward, and that this film fails to explain why Diana turned her back on Mankind. I really think that it should have ended in London with the allies wishing to use Dr. Maru's weapon or study it for "further usage in the future" and Trevor sacrificing himself to prevent it for her to retreat in the background.
    Future movies can explain why Diana turned her back on man kind. WW1 was not the last terrible War after all