Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Wow, brother, you are putting me to shame! I have only seen it twice! I live in a small town so I am trying to make plans to see it with my friend in the big city "nearby" (1 hour from here). When I do that, it will be three times!
    I'm afraid I may suffer withdrawal between theater and blu ray!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Hello Everyone! I watched the movie a few weeks ago and loved it! I will definitely find time to watch it again!

The acting, costumes, scenery, score, and action were all beautiful. Wonder Woman's mythos was used in creative, exciting ways. This might be the start of a new renaissance for the character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Allan Heinberg could have made WONDER WOMAN shatter even more conventions...
    It took searching over 55 pages, but FINALLY someone mentioned his name. Allan Heinberg is responsible for one of my top four WW stories of all time that almost no one but me appreciates. When I saw his name in the writing credits, I couldn't help but feel more than a little vindicated that he's finally getting his due props.

Now I not only have one, but TWO Allen Heinberg stories I consider to be one of the best WW stories of all time. Props to you, Allan!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

So excited! I go see the movie tomorrow! Yay!

I will post my thoughts after seeing it. I am sure I will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

A lot of people did. It was definitely better than most of the stuff DC has put out IMO.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It took searching over 55 pages, but FINALLY someone mentioned his name. Allan Heinberg is responsible for one of my top four WW stories of all time that almost no one but me appreciates. When I saw his name in the writing credits, I couldn't help but feel more than a little vindicated that he's finally getting his due props.

Now I not only have one, but TWO Allen Heinberg stories I consider to be one of the best WW stories of all time. Props to you, Allan!
    Mine too!! Now that it's in TPB...but the wait at the time was unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

It's the best movie I've ever seen!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    It's the best movie I've ever seen!!!
    While I won't say "best movie ever," I will say it's my favorite superhero movie ever. It was visually beautiful, musically stirring, well paced, with great dialogue and touches of humor, and the fight scenes and special effects flowed pretty well from and into the story. And they got the character of Diana right--especially when she charges across No Man's Land and inspires the people behind her to join in. I though it was a lot of fun--and so did my wife, who usually isn't interested in superheroes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12
    His run wasn't one of my favorites, but he sure did a great job here.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Lots were named in the credits! Next time you see it, stick around, you can see. I'm there today so I'll see if I can snap a shot of the credits too.

Phillipus
    Menalippe
    Artemis
    I saw that many of the Amazons were given names in the credits. Just wondering if I had missed any that were spoken aloud in the script.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I saw that many of the Amazons were given names in the credits. Just wondering if I had missed any that were spoken aloud in the script.
    If you go to IMDB, there are several others listed:

Epione
    Mnemosyne
    Vanelia
    Aella
    Euboea
    Penthiselea
    Egeria
    Trigona
    Niobe
    Timandra (senator)
    Acantha (senator)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylarue View Post
    If you go to IMDB, there are several others listed:

Epione
    Mnemosyne
    Vanelia
    Aella
    Euboea
    Penthiselea
    Egeria
    Trigona
    Niobe
    Timandra (senator)
    Acantha (senator)
    Duh, I didn't see your "spoken" part. Nice to see that they do name several Amazons nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    While I won't say "best movie ever," I will say it's my favorite superhero movie ever. It was visually beautiful, musically stirring, well paced, with great dialogue and touches of humor, and the fight scenes and special effects flowed pretty well from and into the story. And they got the character of Diana right--especially when she charges across No Man's Land and inspires the people behind her to join in. I though it was a lot of fun--and so did my wife, who usually isn't interested in superheroes at all.

His run wasn't one of my favorites, but he sure did a great job here.
    To be fair, I didn't say it was the best movie YOU'VE ever seen. Haha It is definitely for me though! I'm glad you all enjoyed it too though!!!

Retired

One thing I've noticed seeing and reading a lot of WW reviews online, often from people who are supposed to be diehard comic books fans and even hardcore Wonder Woman supporters, is that very few seem to know a lot about the Amazon Princess and her comic book adventures.

I mean, granted it's pretty hard to know everything about Wonder Woman as she has had a LOT of origin stories and reboots, retcons etc. But I just would think, if you knew you were going to see the WONDER WOMAN movie and review it--especially if you're going to do a video review online--you would do some homework and read up on the things you don't know.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, so for its second weekend Wonder Woman passed BVS by a substantial amount. $58M in second weekend box office compared to BVS earnings of $51M.

If that trend continues, along with better overall weekly earning, it is not impossibke Wonder Woman could end up outshine BVS at the U.S. box office. With it's substantially smaller production budget, it is already bound to be more profitable

Edit - just to clarify those weekly earnings, if you discount their first weekend contributions BVS earned $43M at the box office in its first week. Wonder Woman, not counting its opening weekend, earned $44M.

YAY
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-13-2017 at 01:49 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

RE: About Diana being a god or not.

Ares does say to Diana that "only a god can kill a god" and later "Let's see what kind of god you really are". He also mentions that with their powers combined, they could bring back Earth to its heavenly state minus humankind. I think it is pretty much a confirmation about Diana's nature. I remember him stating that the child "Zeus had with Hippolyta" was meant to be the god killer. Furhtermore, Diana says "goodbye brother", thus acknowledging her family ties with Ares.

I don't understand why some people think that her nature and origins can be left for interpretation as to my understanding everything is clear to me. She is the daughter of Zeus and she is part goddess and part Amazon and the clay thing was a lie from the begining the way the godkiller sword was.
    I also believe that in some way, Diana is a goddess of love. It is love that unlocked her divine powers thus negating those of Ares and allowing her to manipulate the Olympian lightning.