Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1789
    Retired

It's this male idea that a woman has to man up in order to be taken seriously in the world of men--she has to sacrifice something of what makes her female (maternal love, beauty, sexual fullfillment, romantic love) to take on the masculine attribute of strength. As if strength belongs to men and women can only share in it through some Faustian bargain. That's not true but it's what a lot of people think. In Cameron's mind, he's creating strong women, but he's locked in that thinking that women have to give up something that makes them female to obtain male power.

The truth is, male or female, we all sacrifice parts of ourselves in the pursuit of our goals--and Diana makes those sacrifices--but it's not a gender thing.

So, guess who locates a Mother Box...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/29/w...ue-mother-box/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    So, guess who locates a Mother Box...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/29/w...ue-mother-box/
    Sweet!

I'm guessing it'll be the Mother Box that the humans claimed. One assumes that the Amazons and the Atlanteans have kept their box secure all these years. We saw one Mother Box being buried somewhere by what looks like human warriors.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

TrueWWFan

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's this male idea that a woman has to man up in order to be taken seriously in the world of men--she has to sacrifice something of what makes her female (maternal love, beauty, sexual fullfillment, romantic love) to take on the masculine attribute of strength. As if strength belongs to men and women can only share in it through some Faustian bargain. That's not true but it's what a lot of people think. In Cameron's mind, he's creating strong women, but he's locked in that thinking that women have to give up something that makes them female to obtain male power.

The truth is, male or female, we all sacrifice parts of ourselves in the pursuit of our goals--and Diana makes those sacrifices--but it's not a gender thing.
    You totally nailed it, Jim! 'Nuf said! Thank you for that! :-)

Saw it in 3D IMAX AGAIN yesterday, and now it's on DIGITAL! (still going to the last 3D IMAX showing tomorrow! haha) I can't believe there was no gap between the theatrical release and digital!! And you know what else?? Justice League is only a couple months away!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Extraordinary Member

That's great!

Any word on Japan's box office yet? I can't find anything.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Saw it in 3D IMAX AGAIN yesterday, and now it's on DIGITAL! (still going to the last 3D IMAX showing tomorrow! haha) I can't believe there was no gap between the theatrical release and digital!! And you know what else?? Justice League is only a couple months away!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
    Yes, they seem to go right to DVD on successful movies, a little quicker than the out-right bombs that also quickly go to DVD, and much quicker than just the decent movies.

I love your enthusiasm!!

Incredible Member

Last edited by Styles; 08-29-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That's great!

Any word on Japan's box office yet? I can't find anything.
    "Also in Wonder Woman news, the Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. film made its debut in its final territory, namely Japan. As is often the case, this big Hollywood offering opened in Japan way after it had played everywhere else. And it earned $3.4 million in its opening weekend. That’s not a barn-burning debut, but it is right between Batman v Superman ($3.3m) and Suicide Squad ($3.8m), both of which ended up with over/under $16m by the time they wrapped up."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...tops-in-china/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    "Also in Wonder Woman news, the Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. film made its debut in its final territory, namely Japan. As is often the case, this big Hollywood offering opened in Japan way after it had played everywhere else. And it earned $3.4 million in its opening weekend. That’s not a barn-burning debut, but it is right between Batman v Superman ($3.3m) and Suicide Squad ($3.8m), both of which ended up with over/under $16m by the time they wrapped up."

I was hoping for more, but looking at the run for "Maleficent" in Japan it opened with $6.7M and then went on to gross ten times that.

Of course one thing that might significantly impact on the Japanese market is that the movie is coming out on digital release very soon.

Still, good to see that she beat out Batman V Superman.

Again! LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I was hoping for more, but looking at the run for "Maleficent" in Japan it opened with $6.7M and then went on to gross ten times that.

Of course one thing that might significantly impact on the Japanese market is that the movie is coming out on digital release very soon.

Still, good to see that she beat out Batman V Superman.

Again! LOL
    http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-b...-global-total/

According to Deadline, Wonder Woman debuted in Japan over the weekend with an impressive take of $3.4 million on 598 screens, which accounted for almost all of the film’s overseas box office total of $3.5 million. As a result, the strong opening in Japan was enough to push Wonder Woman’s running take overseas to $400 million total. The publication pointed out that Wonder Woman’s $3.4 million in Japan was bigger than most male-dominated superhero movies, doubling the takes of such films as Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers and Thor in their opening weekend in the country.

It could still perform like it did in the US. Pretty good debut, then BAM!!! Blew the lid off every expectation!
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 08-30-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post

I keep checking Box Office Mojo to see if they've updated their numbers to include Japan, but so far they don't show anything for Japan in the foreign listing. But if my math is correct and they aren't including the Japan numbers, then the foreign should be closer to $404 M and the total should be around $810 M. But without Mojo doing an update, it's hard to know for sure. This should get updated today or tomorrow, I hope.

Extraordinary Member

Looking at the picture of Snyder reminded me there was ONE thing that disappointed me about the movie - namely that with all the effort to show soldiers from all over the then British Empire fighting together we didn't once see a live Aussie or Kiwi [New Zealander]. The only one I saw in the whole film was a brief glimpse of a guy in the traditional Aussie slouch hat in the photo's on the memorial.

Retired

A glimpse of what will be on the Blu Ray--

I don't think it's a deleted scene. It's an additional scene just for the DVD to promote the Justice League.

Is it a Justice League tie in? Or something to do with Cheetah?