Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I will be seeing the movie 10 a.m. Thursday morning our time here in Australia [the land of Kangas ]

That means you guys over in the States can except to hear from me around midnight Thursday morning New York time, 9 p.m. Wednesday night on the West Coast.

EXCITED!
    You, especially, are gonna LOVE this movie for Steve Trevor!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Mighty Member

I don't want to know specifics but are there any references or influences from Gail Simone's run or Rucka's?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Also, about the flying:

spoilers:
    I think she flies in the way that she uses her muscles to propel herself, to ride the wind and air in a way. I think she glides. But I don't think it's flying like Superman...like a gravity defying thing. So, maybe it's just Wonder Jumps/riding the wind.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe its magically induce, so for Diana flying has no effort? Thats how i always translated her flying in the comics. She seems to defy nature while Superman works in line with it. if that makes sense and maybe that doesn't come across because she didn't do fly at any super speeds because there's no reason for her to just yet
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oops! They didn't give him Super Breath, several of his vision powers, or Arctic Breath. So far not one DC hero or villain has demonstrated his or her entire comic book power set and Diana can acquire Flight pretty much the minute it becomes plot-relevant for her to have it.

Diana has started out with flight in exactly ONE of her past incarnations, so this is hardly unprecedented. And her fight with Doomsday more than proves she doesn't need flight to be seen as a powerhouse anyway.
    If they had taken away the power of flight in the Superman films, Superman fans would have never forgiven that. And lets just be clear, Superman did not start out flying as well, but when he was flying they stuck with it, and were consistent throughout the comics, the films, and the cartoons. They are so consistent with Superman’s powers that people automatically assume that he has them even if he doesn’t happen to use them. They respect him enough to keep him ever consistent. I want the same respect given to Wonder Woman as well. I am not in the mood to categorize a few crumbs as an actual feast. People can’t say that Wonder Woman is consistent as her male counterparts in the trinity because the so-called creators have been perfecting a game in taking liberties with her for several years. Constantly picking and choosing whatever they want to portray of her at any given time. I had no idea it was out of bounds or unreasonable for me to expect a Wonder Woman with all the powers of the current continuity (not one from the past, i.e. 1941, and 1976); a modern Wonder Woman who can fly, who has super strength, who has the speed of Mercury or Hermes, who is a disciplined strategic warrior, who is compassionate but not a weakling. And if they throw in unity with beasts, I’d be the happiest fan in the world.

I’m always going to expect those things if they are making a Wonder Woman film, cartoon, web series, tv series, or even a mere graphic novel. From the sounds of it, it seems like the “Super Power Beat” team has portrayed her more accurately than Warner Bros & Company.

With that being said, I will walk into the theatre on June 1 with an open mind because I have been waiting decades for this film; and I love the character to death, and I really want her franchise (even if it is flawed) to be a success.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 05-27-2017 at 02:02 AM.

I've read in some forums that the rumors about Zeus being dead are not true...Can anyone confirm this?

Quick question for those who saw it, how did they treat the war? I know a lot of people don't want gritty but I felt in this one aspect it could afford to be grounded.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    If they had taken away the power of flight in the Superman films, Superman fans would have never forgiven that. And lets just be clear, Superman did not start out flying as well, but when he was flying they stuck with it, and were consistent throughout the comics, the films, and the cartoons. They are so consistent with Superman’s powers that people automatically assume that he has them even if he doesn’t happen to use them. They respect him enough to keep him ever consistent. I want the same respect given to Wonder Woman as well. I am not in the mood to categorize a few crumbs as an actual feast. People can’t say that Wonder Woman is consistent as her male counterparts in the trinity because the so-called creators have been perfecting a game in taking liberties with her for several years. Constantly picking and choosing whatever they want to portray of her at any given time. I had no idea it was out of bounds or unreasonable for me to expect a Wonder Woman with all the powers of the current continuity (not one from the past, i.e. 1941, and 1976); a modern Wonder Woman who can fly, who has super strength, who has the speed of Mercury or Hermes, who is a disciplined strategic warrior, who is compassionate but not a weakling. And if they throw in unity with beasts, I’d be the happiest fan in the world.

I’m always going to expect those things if they are making a Wonder Woman film, cartoon, web series, tv series, or even a mere graphic novel. From the sounds of it, it seems like the “Super Power Beat” team has portrayed her more accurately than Warner Bros & Company.

With that being said, I will walk into the theatre on June 1 with an open mind because I have been waiting decades for this film; and I love the character to death, and I really want her franchise (even if it is flawed) to be a success.
    I understand what you are saying. But, good news is spoilers:
    If she can or cannot fly in this movie, you will not notice, and it will not take anything away from her (in this particular movie.)
    It may matter in JL if she can't (personally, but it doesn't take anything away in this one. But she does it in the last scene of this movie.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-27-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I've read in some forums that the rumors about Zeus being dead are not true...Can anyone confirm this?
    There's nothing to indicate he is anything other than dead. spoilers:
    Its made clear that he gave up the last of his power to animate Diana, a new God, who is to be trained by Amazons to kill Ares.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Quick question for those who saw it, how did they treat the war? I know a lot of people don't want gritty but I felt in this one aspect it could afford to be grounded.
    It is very gritty. It looks like any very well done World War I Movie would. spoilers:
    Her reaction is heartbreak and disbelief and the actions she takes are inspiring.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Its made clear that he gave up the last of his power to animate Diana, a new God, who is to be trained by Amazons to kill Ares.
    end of spoilers
    not necessarily true about Zeus
    spoilers:
    as there appeared to be a patron animal staring right at her during the battle scene. Zeus perhaps
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    not necessarily true about Zeus
    spoilers:
    as there appeared to be a patron animal staring right at her during the battle scene. Zeus perhaps
    end of spoilers
    GODS!! I keep forgetting about that. Yes, I take back my statement.

end of spoilers
    WAIT. I TAKE IT BACK. spoilers:
    I think the gods are the current Rucka versions...animals...in this. Zeus almost for sure.
    end of spoilers

It is very gritty. It looks like any very well done World War I Movie would. spoilers:
    Her reaction is heartbreak and disbelief and the actions she takes are inspiring.
    end of spoilers
    Awesome, thanks for answering.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

Questions?:

spoilers:
    Is the Invisible Jet in the movie? And if it is in how many scenes is it featured?

Was there an actual onscreen Steve & Diana sex scene, or a line implying that it had happened offscreen. If it's the former then how long was the scene?

Nobody's talked about the other villain in this movie? The woman with the cracked mask in the trailer?
    end of spoilers

There's a sneek peak of Ares in this new TV SPOT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75GiD8TDX5M