Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1789
    TrueWWFan

Wow, just now looking over the Facebook posts by Christie Marston. Guess a lot of fans are boycotting the film. I didn't know this! I saw it Thursday. The director should have said it was "loosely based" on Marston's life, not that it's fact. That's too bad. It's a great movie. Too bad it's not reflective of the truth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I knew the Christie wasn't happy from Facebook. And I can understand it. It's one thing to have different interpretations of a fictional character, and quite another to see a made up interpretation of a family member.
    And, this is why I won't be supporting this movie. I'm just not a big fan of Hollywood's "based on a true story" (i.e., well, we may have fudged much of it).

All-New Member

All I can say is, this abomination is a kick in the face to real WW fans.

I've been collecting...........er, should I say DID collect WW since high school. The actors disgraced the characters, except for Etta Candy, she was AWESOME.
    I like Chris Pine, but he's no Steve Trevor. And I don't know what drugs they were on when they cast Wonder Woman and Ares, but they are hysterically inaccurate for those parts. I've never laughed so hard in my life! The story line is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Diana is NOT and was NOT created as a murder machine or "god killer". Leave it up to the almighty greedy and corrupt jackasses of Hellyweird to turn something so wonderful into a monstrous, murdering abomination.

I can understand "alternate worlds and universes", but for the very FIRST Wonder Woman movie, they should have done it RIGHT and told the REAL story, with the RIGHT type of people playing the parts.......THEN they could have done all that alternate crappola.

They have bastardized and perverted an excellent hero character into something she is not, just like they did this new Superman. Is it a "wonder" that Marvel is kicking DC's butt's all over the world? At least they know how to pick the RIGHT people for the parts they play.

An ex-fans note:

Lynda Carter did her research on Wonder Woman for the TV show when she was cast. The first season of the Wonder Woman TV show was blatantly obvious to that fact, which is why fans adore Lynda Carter for the most accurate portrayal of the Amazonian Princess.

I was watching the online news the other day and watch a snippet of an interview with some of the writers who admitted they didn't do ANY research on the character, much less knew anything about the REAL, TRUE Wonder Woman! Which was sickeningly obvious with the garbage they created.
    Obviously, as well..........Gadot couldn't even be bothered to do any research on the part either, which again, is blatantly obvious. If she had done her research, I'm sure most of us true Wonder Woman fans wouldn't have been so defensive about such a horrible casting disaster.
    Last edited by Chaidragonfire; 10-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaidragonfire View Post

I've been collecting...........er, should I say DID collect WW since high school. The actors disgraced the characters, except for Etta Candy, she was AWESOME.
    I like Chris Pine, but he's no Steve Trevor. And I don't know what drugs they were on when they cast Wonder Woman and Ares, but they are hysterically inaccurate for those parts. I've never laughed so hard in my life! The story line is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Diana is NOT and was NOT created as a murder machine or "god killer". Leave it up to the almighty greedy and corrupt jackasses of Hellyweird to turn something so wonderful into a monstrous, murdering abomination.

I can understand "alternate worlds and universes", but for the very FIRST Wonder Woman movie, they should have done it RIGHT and told the REAL story, with the RIGHT type of people playing the parts.......THEN they could have done all that alternate crappola.

They have bastardized and perverted an excellent hero character into something she is not, just like they did this new Superman. Is it a "wonder" that Marvel is kicking DC's butt's all over the world? At least they know how to pick the RIGHT people for the parts they play.
    I stopped reading after the bolded part! 820+ million worldwide, sequel in the works, a huge part in the JL movie and Wonder Gal being such a fan favorite says DC/WB did a phenomenal job!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I love the movie and I love what Gal has done for Wonder Woman............ so there

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I love the movie and I love what Gal has done for Wonder Woman............ so there
    Same! Gal was perfect in my eyes.

And for the record? Diana is not, and never was, a "murder machine." She was ALWAYS more than a weapon. Weapons have no self-awareness. They have no will of their own. If Diana were truly a weapons, she'd be literally unable to do anything BUT seek out Ares and attempt to kill him.

She was a "weapon" in the sense that she was an unexpected surprise lying in wait for Ares. There is no way that line can be interpreted literally.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

Actually, it was young Diana who came up with the name Godkiller. None of the Amazons called her that. So the idea was something that came out of her imagination as a little girl, which Ares exploited.

I think you can love Lynda Carter and love Gal Gadot equally. Lynda has said some wonderful things about the Patty Jenkins movie. I do think that the pilot TV movie of WONDER WOMAN is the most faithful adaptation of a comic book I've ever seen in live action. But the theatrical WONDER WOMAN movie isn't trying to be a faithful adaptation of the comic book.

A lot of the people who worked on the movie are very knowledgeable about the comics, including Patty Jenkins, Alan Heinberg, Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder. And the movie is true to the spirit of Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Hi Chaidragonflre - welcome welcome to our lil' Paradise isle.

I take it you didn't care much for the movie. That sucks - it's never much fun seeing a favorite character portrayed in ways that you don't like. I have some concerns about the movie myself, but, overall, I still quite enjoy it.

If I may, what's your favorite portrayal of WW? The Lynda Carter show?

It's the best movie I've ever seen.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

For me it was the best Wonder Woman movie I ever saw
    and one of the best super hero movies I ever saw
    but in all honesty I would not place it in my top 20 (yet )

Retired

Top twenty super-hero movies or top twenty movies of any genre?

I'd put WW in my top ten super-hero movies, for sure. Top five maybe. It's Donner's SUPERMAN and after that I'm not sure. But WW is competing for a spot in that top five.

As far as all movies, regardless of type, WW isn't likely to get in my top twenty. SUPERMAN, A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, CITIZEN KANE, THE GENERAL, LE RAYON VERT, OTTO E MEZZO, HIS GIRL FRIDAY, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, SUNRISE, TOKYO STORY, LES ENFANTS DU PARADIS, SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, CASABLANCA, WALKABOUT, THE COURT JESTER, SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, FAHRENHEIT 451.

Mighty Member

An ex-fans note:

Lynda Carter did her research on Wonder Woman for the TV show when she was cast. The first season of the Wonder Woman TV show was blatantly obvious to that fact, which is why fans adore Lynda Carter for the most accurate portrayal of the Amazonian Princess.

I was watching the online news the other day and watch a snippet of an interview with some of the writers who admitted they didn't do ANY research on the character, much less knew anything about the REAL, TRUE Wonder Woman! Which was sickeningly obvious with the garbage they created.
    Obviously, as well..........Gadot couldn't even be bothered to do any research on the part either, which again, is blatantly obvious. If she had done her research, I'm sure most of us true Wonder Woman fans wouldn't have been so defensive about such a horrible casting disaster.
    Do you have a link to this snippet where they said they did no research?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    It wasn't a matter of 'no research' so much as refusing to talk to anyone who actually knew the people the 'true story' was about. Specifically:

Did you do interviews with surviving people who knew them, or members of the family?

Not extensively. I really made the decision early on that I didn’t want … I wanted to kind of be able to explore my own interpretation of what the story was.
    from this article:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/angel...haracters.html

That interview is referenced in the Forbes interview with Christie Marston, found here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalk.../#131fb8e770ba

Essentially, Robinson is putting out a 'true story' without bothering to confirm several key 'facts' with anyone who knew the family.

An ex-fans note:

YOU'RE MIXING UP MOVIES. The info you're reading is NOT about the Wonder Woman movie with Gal Gadot...it's about the 'Marston and the Wonder Woman' biopic. Talk about research! How about just read the title of the article you're looking at!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    The poster you're quoting is mixing up their movies.