Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1789

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It wasn't a matter of 'no research' so much as refusing to talk to anyone who actually knew the people the 'true story' was about. Specifically:

from this article:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/angel...haracters.html

That interview is referenced in the Forbes interview with Christie Marston, found here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalk.../#131fb8e770ba

Essentially, Robinson is putting out a 'true story' without bothering to confirm several key 'facts' with anyone who knew the family.
    The poster is not talking about this movie though. They seem to think these articles are about the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Mighty Member

Patty Jenkins Responds to the Craziest Fan Theories

Retired

Most of those fan theories are reasonable. I wouldn't say they're the craziest I've ever heard. And they did get some good responses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Most of those fan theories are reasonable. I wouldn't say they're the craziest I've ever heard. And they did get some good responses.
    I'm sure they screened the real crazy ones

Major retcon: Wonder Woman DID NOT walk away from mankind for 100 years.

“We realized that actually, there is no way that Wonder Woman will ever give up on mankind,” Gadot revealed during a promotional stop for Justice League in Beijing. “The reason why she left the island was because she wanted to make their life better and safer – they are her calling. So – I’m giving you a very honest answer – sometimes, in a creative process, you establish something that is not necessarily the right decision, but then you can always correct it and change it. So Wonder Woman will always be there as far as she concerns for mankind.”

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-movie-retcon/

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

“We realized that actually, there is no way that Wonder Woman will ever give up on mankind,” Gadot revealed during a promotional stop for Justice League in Beijing. “The reason why she left the island was because she wanted to make their life better and safer – they are her calling. So – I’m giving you a very honest answer – sometimes, in a creative process, you establish something that is not necessarily the right decision, but then you can always correct it and change it. So Wonder Woman will always be there as far as she concerns for mankind.”

Sounds more like a shortsightedness problem coming from the DCEU. They wanted a Warrior Woman with shield and sword at all times, you know, the Wondy that has always been depicted in the comics and TV show. A woman who can bend steel, literally move mountains, or at least throw tanks, and she needs a sword and shield. A woman who has no problem with bullets and bracelets, but during No Man's Land needed her shield and was held in a stalemate until the 'Howling Commandos' helped her out.

Sarcasm, for those that think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Sounds more like a shortsightedness problem coming from the DCEU. They wanted a Warrior Woman with shield and sword at all times, you know, the Wondy that has always been depicted in the comics and TV show. A woman who can bend steel, literally move mountains, or at least throw tanks, and she needs a sword and shield. A woman who has no problem with bullets and bracelets, but during No Man's Land needed her shield and was held in a stalemate until the 'Howling Commandos' helped her out.

Sarcasm, for those that think otherwise.
    At the time No Mans Land took place in the movie, she was still learning and gaining her powers. She got stronger and stronger after that, building to her fight with Ares.

Astonishing Member

Which I find to be silly to retcon and completely unnecessary. I don't think everyone necessarily thought she vanished and completely abandoned humans. She was after all still clearly around like we saw IN BvS itself. One could even argue it could be twisted into a positive thing.

Say she could say something like
    "The world was already filled with Wonders. It did not need one more acting as a leader. It needed a woman. I just helped things along. Like anyone else."

All we were told is she felt she abandoned humanity which regardless to some level she did. She clearly wasn't on the frontlines of human events from that time period and on. The why or how can easily be expanded on.

And as for why Wonder Woman (the film) didn't end on her being depressed or feeling humanity wasn't worth helping or something similarly dour? Well. The narration was from a post BvS Diana. So the narrative is being told from her point of view NOW. Not necessarily how she felt at the time.

I mean think about it. She saw great heroism and the like. But ultimately she had to deal with the realization that though Ares helped...humans were the ones doing it all. Being willing to kill one another or send others to their deaths and the like. Something which would only get worse come WWII.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

At the time No Mans Land took place in the movie, she was still learning and gaining her powers. She got stronger and stronger after that, building to her fight with Ares.
    I would have still preferred a bullets and bracelets scene with all the ammo coming at her. I guess she was lucky that none of the Germans thought to shoot lower at her legs instead of all of them just firing at a shield, a shield that apparently deflected all gun fire with ease. I would have liked to see a bullet hit her leg and see how invulnerable they were going to make her, but of course the counter argument would be that she hadn't gained all of her powers yet if she got seriously injured.

And as far as her fight with Ares, this was a disappointing part of the movie, although to be fair, I still rate it an 8/10. To me it just became a CGI slugfest with Wonder Woman just getting the powers she needed in order to win. Will she use these godly powers that defeated Ares against Steppenwolf? Or were they powers that she pulled out of her arse because the plot demanded it? I will be disappointed if she doesn't use what we saw in the fight against Ares against big baddies like Steppenwolf since it would seem to indicate that it was a one time deal never to be used again.

And don't get me started about her not flying

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Which I find to be silly to retcon and completely unnecessary. I don't think everyone necessarily thought she vanished and completely abandoned humans. She was after all still clearly around like we saw IN BvS itself. One could even argue it could be twisted into a positive thing.

Say she could say something like
    "The world was already filled with Wonders. It did not need one more acting as a leader. It needed a woman. I just helped things along. Like anyone else."

All we were told is she felt she abandoned humanity which regardless to some level she did. She clearly wasn't on the frontlines of human events from that time period and on. The why or how can easily be expanded on.

And as for why Wonder Woman (the film) didn't end on her being depressed or feeling humanity wasn't worth helping or something similarly dour? Well. The narration was from a post BvS Diana. So the narrative is being told from her point of view NOW. Not necessarily how she felt at the time.

I mean think about it. She saw great heroism and the like. But ultimately she had to deal with the realization that though Ares helped...humans were the ones doing it all. Being willing to kill one another or send others to their deaths and the like. Something which would only get worse come WWII.
    There are many ways it could have been done better, without an outright retcon... just that she meant 'something else'...but I believe it did need to be addressed. It's even been a big conversation here.

Glad to be on this thread, where we can all express our thoughts on the Amazon Princess.

I went on the Power girl vs Wonder Woman thread, but they are all so against Wonder Woman, especially being strong. They just want to say she has better fighting/training with weapons. One poster even said WW only had 70% the strength of Superman! Can't educate them on the truth, since they attack any views that are different.

Like I said, happy to have this thread and to be here!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I would have still preferred a bullets and bracelets scene with all the ammo coming at her. I guess she was lucky that none of the Germans thought to shoot lower at her legs instead of all of them just firing at a shield, a shield that apparently deflected all gun fire with ease. I would have liked to see a bullet hit her leg and see how invulnerable they were going to make her, but of course the counter argument would be that she hadn't gained all of her powers yet if she got seriously injured.

And as far as her fight with Ares, this was a disappointing part of the movie, although to be fair, I still rate it an 8/10. To me it just became a CGI slugfest with Wonder Woman just getting the powers she needed in order to win. Will she use these godly powers that defeated Ares against Steppenwolf? Or were they powers that she pulled out of her arse because the plot demanded it? I will be disappointed if she doesn't use what we saw in the fight against Ares against big baddies like Steppenwolf since it would seem to indicate that it was a one time deal never to be used again.

And don't get me started about her not flying
    I don't think Diana's power levels in that fight was pulled out of her arse. She gradually grew in strength and power towards the end - at least that is consistent, and in the doomsday battle (pre WW: in BvS), she had already proven herself to be able to fight creatures on an abnormally powerful Kryptonian villains level.

One thing this movie got right was consistency; the only thing that I have to gripe about was the fact that she did not fly (as she does in the comics).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Glad to be on this thread, where we can all express our thoughts on the Amazon Princess.

I went on the Power girl vs Wonder Woman thread, but they are all so against Wonder Woman, especially being strong. They just want to say she has better fighting/training with weapons. One poster even said WW only had 70% the strength of Superman! Can't educate them on the truth, since they attack any views that are different.

Like I said, happy to have this thread and to be here!
    SMH, oh brother (ps: I am shaking my head at the posters you are talking about).

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman is the highest superhero origin movie.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#16ce7ddebd9e

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    SMH, oh brother (ps: I am shaking my head at the posters you are talking about).
    Thanks, Dianafan.

I left that thread and immediately came here! Here, we know the greatness that is Diana!