Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1789

I doubt the Academy will make the same mistake as the HFP. My money is on Best Director nod for Patty, Best Movie nod, and MAYBE Best Actress for Gal (and maybe she's not the best actress, but in this role she gave the BEST performance.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Best Movie is the best bet as there can be up to 10 nominations. Best Director is hard, especially as there is a more "awards friendly" option for a woman director in Greta Gerwig for Lady Bird. Maybe if the Academy wanted to really differentiate itself from the Golden Globes, they could nominate two women in the same year and make history, with Patty getting recognized, but Dee Rees for Mudblood is also a strong contender.

Gal for Best Actress is near impossible. Sorry but those are the facts. Maybe in another year but this particular year, the competition is just too strong in that category. But on the bright side, here's her getting recognized at the Critics' Choice Awards where she received the #SeeHer award:

And while quite not the Oscars, we can retweet this tweet for her to get nominated at the Kids' Choice : https://twitter.com/KCANominees/stat...79594788159488

I mean, we've always wanted little girls and boys to look up to Diana, right? So technically Kids' Choice should be as important as the adult awards.

Man, no Oscar love for Diana whatsoever. Not even in the "smaller" categories like Best Costumes. SMH

BOOOOOOOO. Oscar snub. I guess it's just another year that I don't give a **** about these award shows.

Retired

Harsh. They really wanted to snub WONDER WOMAN. So many smaller categories they could have given it a nom. Weird, given how much love it got during the summer.

I've watched every Oscar broadcast since I can remember--probably since birth--sometimes I've had to wait until the next day. And last year I didn't seen them for over a month, because I was out of the country and had no idea what won. But I watched the whole broadcast when I got home--spoiler free--only to come to the end and see that whole fiasco. At that moment, I swore off ever watching the Oscars again. Had WONDER WOMAN been nominated for some awards this year, that might have weakened my resolve. But now I'm sure to give them a miss.

Amazing Member

I have a feeling that the general funk surrounding the WB/DCEU was enough to cancel out the considerable goodwill Wonder Woman generated... specifically since Justice League did not do well.

JL also seemed to chuck aside the things that audiences really loved about Wonder Woman, specifically the respect showed by Jenkins in not overly sexualizing her (which JL had moments of), and in the general spirit of the character. There was a disconnect between the heroine at the end of her own movie, and the person in Justice League. Despite the reshoots, I think the academy that decides these things may have seen WW as simply a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyLaskey View Post
    I have a feeling that the general funk surrounding the WB/DCEU was enough to cancel out the considerable goodwill Wonder Woman generated... specifically since Justice League did not do well.

JL also seemed to chuck aside the things that audiences really loved about Wonder Woman, specifically the respect showed by Jenkins in not overly sexualizing her (which JL had moments of), and in the general spirit of the character. There was a disconnect between the heroine at the end of her own movie, and the person in Justice League. Despite the reshoots, I think the academy that decides these things may have seen WW as simply a fluke?
    Hm. But the Academy Awards are for specific movies, not franchises...and Wonder Woman deserved noms in several categories. Subsequent movies wouldn't be considered when nominating things like direction, sound, costuming, screenplay, etc. I don't think it's connected. It's just lousy.

Weird that an utterly mediocre film that nobody watched like The Phantom Thread gets a Best Picture nod, while a critically acclaimed smash like Wonder Woman gets snubbed. However, I get it; it's a superhero film, and even the supposedly best superhero film of 2017 [ Logan ] could not sneak in a BP nod. Oh well, at least people loved Wonder Woman, and its sequel will most likely be one of the biggest grossing hits of 2019 too.

WOW. GOOD FOR GAL GADOT! She still managed to steal the show!! I didn’t watch, but I did catch this moment...watch Wonder Woman meet Luke Skywalker for the first time. WORTH IT.

https://youtu.be/Mzsl9hcTQkw

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    WOW. GOOD FOR GAL GADOT! She still managed to steal the show!! I didn’t watch, but I did catch this moment...watch Wonder Woman meet Luke Skywalker for the first time. WORTH IT.

https://youtu.be/Mzsl9hcTQkw
    Grace’s take:
    https://youtu.be/uNCcIw441_4

Retired

Yeah, I didn't watch the Oscars but the next day after seeing Grace's reactions to the Oscars I looked for the clip of them going to that theatre. There's also some video on youtube, from someone's phone, of the behind the scenes as they go over to the theatre. It's really cool to see Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn and Mary Poppins together--and the shot of Luke Skywalker introducing himself to Wonder Woman. It's funny that among all these big stars, everyone just naturally looks to Gadot. It's like she's the cool kid in high school that everyone wants to hang out with.

World record has Catwoman 2004 has the biggest grossing female movie. Didn’t Wonder Woman break this record?

BC6BC9F8-9E25-4D83-AC15-C5E2CAD9A48C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    World record has Catwoman 2004 has the biggest grossing female movie. Didn’t Wonder Woman break this record?

BC6BC9F8-9E25-4D83-AC15-C5E2CAD9A48C.jpg
    Catwoman: $82,102,379
    Wonder Woman $821,847,012

So, yup.

Catwoman: $82,102,379
    Wonder Woman $821,847,012

So, yup.
    That's a ten-fold increase! You go Wonder Woman!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Depends on how old that book is. As long as it's older than a year then the information was accurate at the time of printing.