Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1789

Why can't they just give her the power to fly? One I'm not saying the Jet should be the only thing but that she simply has it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why can't they just give her the power to fly? One I'm not saying the Jet should be the only thing but that she simply has it.
    Because only the males can fly in the DCEU. You know, Superman and Cyborg.

I get the feeling Captain Marvel, when we see her in the marvel universe, will be able to fly. How sad is that.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

I get the feeling Captain Marvel, when we see her in the marvel universe, will be able to fly. How sad is that.
    Speaking of Captain Marvel, I hope her movie is a success. There should be more solo female superheroes on the big screen.
    Last edited by greymoon; 05-22-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

I mean carol has always had the ability to fly no matter what/who's powers she was using

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Speaking of Captain Marvel, I hope her movie is a success. There should be more solo female superheroes on the big screen.
    Exactly. I really don't understand this whole pitying wonder woman and captain marvel movie against each other. What could we possibly gain from this? I guess it just goes to show how to some people don't actually care about diversity and representation since they just want to use it as a way to one up either dc or marvel

I don't know if this been addressed before but i don't feel like scrolling but i really do hope wonder woman 2 centers around more female characters and has a lot more screen time on themyscira

Just to get us back on track, this isn't the thread for WW2 or for Captain Marvel

This is for discussion of the first Wonder Woman movie.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Analysis of fighting techniques used by Wonder Woman (this is AWESOME.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X333iyQg0s0
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Analysis of fighting techniques used by Wonder Woman (this is AWESOME.)
    Yeah, I watched it earlier. But I think it's a pity her horse riding feats weren't included.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah, I watched it earlier. But I think it's a pity her horse riding feats weren't included.
    oh I didn't even think about that!!

Retired

I wonder if the succcess of WONDER WOMAN doesn't show that many DC heroes are better when they exist closer to the time in which they were created.

I feel with Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes, the Shadow, among others, that they function best in the period of their creation. And I remember, when I was a teen, reading a wonderful book by Dick Lupoff on Edgar Rice Burroughs where he made this argument and extended it to include Superman. Commenting that Superman would have been better if he had been regarded like Holmes as existing in his home period and if the Siegel and Shuster stories were the primary text.

There are just too many accommodations that have to be made, when Diana, Bruce and Clark are updated to fit the 21st century and we lose some of the things that made them so spectacular when they were first introduced. Diana is a revolutionary woman upsetting the patriarchy in the early 20th century, representing a new philosophy of liberation and love. Bruce is a maverick criminologit bringing new techniques to the art of detection in the 1940s. Clark is a stunning man of tomorrow, amazing the people with his never before seen stunts and challenging the authority of powerful elites in the dying days of the Great Depression.

Likewise others are better in their home time. Blackhawks are better in WW II. Barry Allen, Hal Jordan and the original Doom Patrol are better in the 1960s. Firestorm is better in the 1970s and 1980s. The New Gods are better in the 1970s, set against the back-drop of the Vietnam War and Nixon's presidency. Captain Comet is best in the 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder if the succcess of WONDER WOMAN doesn't show that many DC heroes are better when they exist closer to the time in which they were created.
    I think one can make a case for that, but I'm not sure Wonder Woman the movie is a good example. After all, it moved her 25 years back in time, and there were huge differences between the two periods. The plot and themes of Wonder Woman the movie would have been unworkable in the Second World War.

A lot of the elements that were integral to Wonder Woman in the beginning are still relevant today, and the same is true for Superman. That said, there are pieces that work less well in today's world. I think Steve Trevor and Etta Candy being active in the military (especially a special operations soldier, as Rucka made Steve) is one such element.

I'd rather say the opposite, characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman are such strong icons precisely because they could be updated and adapted to new periods.

Please keep to the topic - WW2 is a different thread
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

WOW!!!
    'Wonder Woman' Wins Best Fight for "No Man's Land" Scene at MTV Movie & TV Awards!

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/06/...-no-mans-land/