Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/

13 fresh so far. WW (and Jenkins) is going to save the DCEU.

Spectacular Member

Ok this movie is good for me and yes this is Diana.
    But not everything is right in my view.
    I really don't want the N52 origin and now what? I don't even sure if Hippolyta is still her mother
    And I don't get the reason why Zeus should have all the credit
    Themyscira should have more screen

I just finished seeing it a half hour ago. spoilers:
    It was decent. I liked most of it. Some of the CGI does get wonky at times, too much reliance on slow motion in the action, and the final fight gets to near DBZ levels of conflict. Also, the Ares reveal was kind of ridiculous when it got to the fighting part. But the story was dope, and the performances were good. Worth the ticket price, and clearly the best film in the new DCU line. The final act just starts to crumble, but not crash completely.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 05-30-2017 at 12:24 AM.

https://twitter.com/Carrastealth/sta...93279598927872
    Everyone that's been Wondering about the #WonderWoman Rotten Tomatoes Score. Wonder no longer. #rottentomatoes #wonderwoman #Fresh

Small, potential nitpick I just thought of in the film. spoilers:
    One thing that I didn't get about the film is a scene that happens after the commotion the island with Steve and the other Amazons settles down. The German army gained access to the island and had at least one naval ship about a mile off shore or whatever. It simply vanishes or is never heard from again. What happened to it? Did it retreat?
    end of spoilers

Oh and no post credit scenes btw.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Oh and no post credit scenes btw.
    If there's any spoilers I like, this is one. Thank you for posting that so I don't waste my time waiting for one.
    The one thing I'm not bothered by is Suicide Squad had one that had a loose tie in to JL (obviously), but the others didn't (MoS, BvS). Either all of them need one ala Marvel, or don't do them at all, period (I'd be fine with this, if you want to tease something, tease it as a final scene).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I just finished seeing it a half hour ago. spoilers:
    It was decent. I liked most of it. Some of the CGI does get wonky at times, too much reliance on slow motion in the action, and the final fight gets to near DBZ levels of conflict. Also, the Ares reveal was kind of ridiculous when it got to the fighting part. But the story was dope, and the performances were good. Worth the ticket price, and clearly the best film in the new DCU line. The final act just starts to crumble, but not crash completely.
    end of spoilers
    These Amazon seems have no match to that type of weapon

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Ok this movie is good for me and yes this is Diana.
    But not everything is right in my view.
    I really don't want the N52 origin and now what? I don't even sure if Hippolyta is still her mother
    And I don't get the reason why Zeus should have all the credit
    Themyscira should have more screen
    What role would themyscira serve with the rest of the movie? There isn't any tv's so they can see the outside world, Diana can't go back...it wouldn't have made sense for them to keep being seen.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Congratulations Wonder fans looks like all the DCEU needed was a couple of Wonder Women to finally score them a win and save their arses.

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    These Amazon seems have no match to that type of weapon
    Guess the movie would have been over.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What role would themyscira serve with the rest of the movie? There isn't any tv's so they can see the outside world, Diana can't go back...it wouldn't have made sense for them to keep being seen.
    so they need to tell more about life on Themyscira before Diana leave

Astonishing Member

How do people feel about the setting for Wonder Woman changing from WW2 to WW1 in this film?

I think its kinda interesting, WW2 is pretty played out in movies and WW1 is interesting but different from WW2.

This movie actually features General Ludendorff as one of the villains in the film, who is actual real WW1 Germsn commander.

I also heard Dr. Poison is in the movie, though changed a bit to fit the WW1 setting, she is not Japanese for example. But she does fit with the time peroid given how much chemical warfare was used in WW1.

'Gal Gadot's casting was like a miracle for the studio, as her performance is instantly the stuff of legends. We saw the potential in Batman v Superman, but Wonder Woman confirms it -- this is an example of top-tier actor-to-character merging in the genre, akin to Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Christopher Reeve as Superman, or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. She seems to bring much of her own personality to the role, imbuing it with a genuineness, an earnestness, and a charming humor that we've seen in Gadot's own public appearances as well.'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...e/?s=BoxOffice
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    How do people feel about the setting for Wonder Woman changing from WW2 to WW1 in this film?

I think its kinda interesting, WW2 is pretty played out in movies and WW1 is interesting but different from WW2.

This movie actually features General Ludendorff as one of the villains in the film, who is actual real WW1 Germsn commander.

I also heard Dr. Poison is in the movie, though changed a bit to fit the WW1 setting, she is not Japanese for example. But she does fit with the time peroid given how much chemical warfare was used in WW1.
    I think WWI is a much better setting for Diana's debut.

Like all writers, Marston was affected by the events in which he was writing. WWII was going on while he was writing Wonder Woman. No one cared about WWI at that point. So it made sense for Marston to set his story in WWII, given the circumstances.

But if Wonder Woman's mission is to bring peace, it makes more sense to have her debut during the first truly global human conflict in history. I mean, what? Did Ares just sit out WWI, for some reason, but decided to get off his butt and cause trouble the NEXT time humanity looked poised to tear itself apart? Add to that: WWII is better remembered by people because it was one of the few truly "righteous" wars in human history. There were clear "bad guys" and "good guys." The Nazis were bad. They HAD to be stopped, no matter the cost. innocent people were being threatened with annihilation for no good reason. The Allies were the world's superheroes, swooping in to save the day.

WWI? Not so much. Much more morally ambiguous. NOBODY really looked "good" or "righteous" in WWI. It was one of the most pointless wastes of human life in history. Men died by the tens of thousands for basically no reason. Historians couldn't even say "Yeah, all those men died, but at least their deaths served some higher purpose and paved the way for a greater victory later on." It was just senseless slaughter that didn't need to happen and that ultimately served no higher purpose.

A war like WWI is much more pleasing to Ares, who just loves bloodshed for its own sake.

Also? WWII, since it was much less morally ambiguous, is a bad war for Diana to come into looking to end the conflict peacefully. If Wonder Woman shows up in WWI and yells "What are you DOING! Stop this mindless violence NOW!" we can easily agree with her and root for her. If, on the other hand, she were to show up in WWII and try to peacefully resolve it? Suddenly, it's not so easy. Because while Diana is trying to get the Axis and the Allies to sit down and make nice, innocent people are still being slaughtered in concentration camps. And of course, we all know, there was no reasoning with Hitler, so Diana's efforts to stop WWII peacefully just looks like a good way for her to delay the fall of the Axis and more people are dying while she's trying to negotiate.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--