Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

how do you hide your spoiler when posting?

Did Diana see a patreon?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And yet, she still doesn't ........

I am pretty sure they wouldn't do this to Superman. Oops, they let him have that power.
    Oops! They didn't give him Super Breath, several of his vision powers, or Arctic Breath. So far not one DC hero or villain has demonstrated his or her entire comic book power set and Diana can acquire Flight pretty much the minute it becomes plot-relevant for her to have it.

Diana has started out with flight in exactly ONE of her past incarnations, so this is hardly unprecedented. And her fight with Doomsday more than proves she doesn't need flight to be seen as a powerhouse anyway.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    how do you hide your spoiler when posting?

Did Diana see a patreon?
    First type [*SPOIL], then type the spoiler, then close it with [*/SPOIL] Just leave out the asterisks. I had to put them in so my message wasn't concealed.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I really hope you and others don't let this taint your enjoyment. this film isbeyond amazing. the flying was deliberaty left vague it seems. at the end it looks like she is flying towards the camera. is that a leap? perhaps. but a little wonder is good.
    I am still going to see the movie as I am a sucker for all Superhero movies, especially Wonder Woman.

Her not having the power of flight is a big downer for me. No matter how good the movie is, without flight it can't be perfect for me. It is just another case of Wonder Woman getting nerfed while others retain their core powers. Cyborg is apparently one up on Wonder Woman because of this.

If you have seen the movie, why is she riding a horse into battle if she has superspeed? Why do alot of her scenes from the trailers indicate just regular speed when she fights soldiers? I mean, it is just Gal fighting without any speed ups or special effects, so it doesn't look like superspeed to me.

spoilers:
    That was definitive flight at the end. 100%. Through the rest of the movie, it's kind of a learning curve. But she realizes that she can fly it once she sees Ares do it.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I am still going to see the movie as I am a sucker for all Superhero movies, especially Wonder Woman.

Her not having the power of flight is a big downer for me. No matter how good the movie is, without flight it can't be perfect for me. It is just another case of Wonder Woman getting nerfed while others retain their core powers. Cyborg is apparently one up on Wonder Woman because of this.

If you have seen the movie, why is she riding a horse into battle if she has superspeed? Why do alot of her scenes from the trailers indicate just regular speed when she fights soldiers? I mean, it is just Gal fighting without any speed ups or special effects, so it doesn't look like superspeed to me.
    spoilers:
    She realizes a lot of her power at the end. After the horse riding. But you will actually get specifically what you asked for. You wanted a super speed super strength scene where she plows through soldiers, and that 100% happens.

And she flies. There is no question. I just don't think she realized she could fly until after she saw Ares do it. But when she definitively flies...like soaring across the sky...it's literally the last thing that you see in the movie. She flies. Just not till the end.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I wonder if I can trade my ticket. I don't think its worth me seeing it at 12 AM. After all this time of getting pumped up.

spoilers:
    75 years it took to make this movie, and they nerfed her powers. DC's premier superheroine; a global symbol of feminism and empowerment. smh
    end of spoilers
    Not true. She has all her powers, plus some we've never seen. If anyone finds a way to be disappointed in this movie, I will be shocked.

I really hope you and others don't let this taint your enjoyment. this film isbeyond amazing. the flying was deliberaty left vague it seems. at the end it looks like she is flying towards the camera. is that a leap? perhaps. but a little wonder is good.
    spoilers:
    She leaps into the sky, upwards, and flies across the sky, then switches her had and foot position, arm out, leg bent, flying. But it's the very last thing you see.
    end of spoilers

To clarify a couple things...
    spoilers:
    She and Ares both do a lot of hovering. It's a little vague still at that point. Then Ares straight up flies. She's watching things he can do, realizing she can do it all too. It's all just before she realizes that she has more power than she knew. Then she flies into the air, and that's the lightning scene...still almost vague.

But the very last scene, I'll describe: She is on top of a huge tower, in modern day Paris, over looking the city. She hears something, and jumps off the tower...but upwards. Then she switches her hand and foot positioning, arm out, leg bent, and flies...across the sky. This was filmed from behind her. Then they switch the camera position and she's flying at you, then it ends.

She also plows through a ton of soldiers at super speed at one point...just like Faora did...but it was filmed at a different perspective, Instead of everything shown at normal speed and her a moving blur, everything is filmed at slow motion, except her, and she's moving through it all at more than normal speed (even with everything in slo-mo.)

And the tank scene from the poster is in there...but she holds it for a long time before tossing it aside.

Other than that, prepare to cry two or four times, and laugh out loud at least 11 times. And be in awe for the rest.
    end of spoilers

There are a few things that were left intentionally and annoyingly vague. They won't bother anyone but us, I think. BUT they will REALLY bother us, and we will fight about them until the sequel...guaranteed!!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    There are a few things that were left intentionally and annoyingly vague. They won't bother anyone but us, I think. BUT they will REALLY bother us, and we will fight about them until the sequel...guaranteed!!
    Before the blu-ray release in which there might or might not be more content (extended edition) like the BvS blu-ray, what is your score for the movie on a 1-10 rating?

Remember, there is no '11' ala Spinal Tap

Oh...and the lasso???? WOW!!!!!!! The only weapon used in the last battle.

Before the blu-ray release in which there might or might not be more content (extended edition) like the BvS blu-ray, what is your score for the movie on a 1-10 rating?

Remember, there is no '11' ala Spinal Tap
    Ok, not to overstate. I loved it. Almost 100%. BUT the things that were left vague bother me (though, it's also good that we will still have fodder for our discussions.)

So, first impression would be something like a 9.95...that could change after I read other people's comments, and then think "oh yeah, I didn't think of that."

I will say, one of the best movies I've ever seen, and something I've waited for my whole life, but not a 10. Very close. (This would be on a scale where I have to place MoS at a 7, BvS at an 8, because WW is in it, and SS at a solid 2)

But, it's the best movie I've ever seen.

Gal's performance is a 10.
    The humor is a 10 (11)
    The action is a 10.
    The story is a 9.5 (because of 1 particularly chatty villain.)
    The vagueness of a couple important things is a 7
    The lasso a 10.
    And there is one shocker no one is asking about or talking about...but I was floored!! I'm stating it in this spoiler here...so be warned...

spoilers:
    DIANA AND STEVE HAVE SEX
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 02:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    To clarify a couple things...
    spoilers:
    She and Ares both do a lot of hovering. It's a little vague still at that point. Then Ares straight up flies. She's watching things he can do, realizing she can do it all too. It's all just before she realizes that she has more power than she knew. Then she flies into the air, and that's the lightning scene...still almost vague.

But the very last scene, I'll describe: She is on top of a huge tower, in modern day Paris, over looking the city. She hears something, and jumps off the tower...but upwards. Then she switches her hand and foot positioning, arm out, leg bent, and flies...across the sky. This was filmed from behind her. Then they switch the camera position and she's flying at you, then it ends.

She also plows through a ton of soldiers at super speed at one point...just like Faora did...but it was filmed at a different perspective, Instead of everything shown at normal speed and her a moving blur, everything is filmed at slow motion, except her, and she's moving through it all at more than normal speed (even with everything in slo-mo.)

And the tank scene from the poster is in there...but she holds it for a long time before tossing it aside.

Other than that, prepare to cry two or four times, and laugh out loud at least 11 times. And be in awe for the rest.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks RealWonderMan, I am heading to work, but I really appreciate the detail. This is what I wanted from Koolas, but he didn't feel comfortable spoiling us entirely, but I guess you wanted to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Thanks RealWonderMan, I am heading to work, but I really appreciate the detail. This is what I wanted from Koolas, but he didn't feel comfortable spoiling us entirely, but I guess you wanted to set the record straight.
    Sure thing! I have to say, I was still like Hmmmm...still not sure...until I saw this. And then I asked the other nerds "She just straight up spoilers:
    FLEW
    end of spoilers RIGHT?? And they all said "TOTALLY!!!" So, it wasn't just my opinion...it was several people...and I only asked them specifically so I could make this post today and say I asked others... haaa!!!