Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    How many times have you watched it now RW? I am guessing 6 to 8 times, correct?
    Eleven, as of today. Like the first time, every time, but a little better each time.

(Just an FYI, I'm not nuts or anything...but if I think about sitting down to watch TV or a movie in the afternoon or evening, I think "Hm. What do I want to watch?" then I agree "Wonder Woman." And I go. I mean, why not?)
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-11-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Eleven, as of today. Like the first time, every time, but a little better each time.

(Just an FYI, I'm not nuts or anything...but if I think about sitting down to watch TV or a movie in the afternoon or evening, I think "Hm. What do I want to watch?" then I agree "Wonder Woman." And I go. I mean, why not?)
    Hahahaha, this was an awesome post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Hahahaha, this was an awesome post.
    By The Lasso of Hestia it's true. Haha

Retired

Today was only my third time. I miss the old days when you could just stay in your seat and watch the next showing free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Today was only my third time. I miss the old days when you could just stay in your seat and watch the next showing free.
    That was actually a thing? I grew up in the 90s in the US and they always threw people out while cleaning the room for the next showing.
    Superhero shows are trash

Retired

That's how I managed to see so many showings of SUPERMAN (1978) and BATMAN (1989).

That's how I managed to see so many showings of SUPERMAN (1978) and BATMAN (1989).
    You make me wanna movie hop now lol
    Superhero shows are trash

I only want three times and each time was more fun and informative.
    This is actually the first movie I choose to see more than once, and there have
    been a few I could have seen twice, but non of them was a character I have loved for
    so long and waited so long to see on the big screen and to have it actually be awesome.
    I would have gone one or two more times, if a theatre was closer, but in the end the trip
    for three showings was well worth it, also knowing the Blu Ray will probably be falling in
    a few months did influence me.

Spectacular Member

Just saw Wonder Woman for my second time tonight. It was better the second time, absolutely. Gonna try for a third later this week!

Extraordinary Member

I had some time on my hands and just couldn't help myself...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Regarding Diana's quote at the end of BvS...I was addressing this in another thread, but wanted to post here as well...as I see it, there was already a mini retcon at the end of the movie. She 'walked away' from her 'idea' that she could/would end War and bring Peace to mankind, haiong realized it was way more complicated than she thought.

"I used to want to save the world. To end war, and bring peace to mankind. But then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light, and learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both; a choice each one must make for themselves, something no hero will ever defeat. And now I know, that only love can truly save the world. So I stay, and I fight, and I give, for the world I know can be. This is my mission now, Forever."
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-12-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Retired

This time when I watched it I felt like she really did fly. When she destroys Ares, she's just standing in mid-air for a sustained period of time and, when she lands, it's a controlled landing. So I think that meets the requirement for flying versus jumping--although it's not a big deal to me. I can't say about the very end, because we don't know if she's simply leaping or flying.

She stays and fights and gives, so it's possible that she had many adventures. I noticed that on the side of Steve's airplane (in the photo at the end--we never see him flying his own plane in the movie, he's always flying one that he's stolen), there's a star & stripes motif--actually Uncle Sam's top hat. So maybe she added stars to her outift in honour of Steve.

This time when I watched it I felt like she really did fly. When she destroys Ares, she's just standing in mid-air for a sustained period of time and, when she lands, it's a controlled landing. So I think that meets the requirement for flying versus jumping--although it's not a big deal to me. I can't say about the very end, because we don't know if she's simply leaping or flying.

She stays and fights and gives, so it's possible that she had many adventures. I noticed that on the side of Steve's airplane (in the photo at the end--we never see him flying his own plane in the movie, he's always flying one that he's stolen), there's a star & stripes motif--actually Uncle Sam's top hat. So maybe she added stars to her outift in honour of Steve.
    When were there stars? Besides the crown...

Retired

When she goes to the memorial wall, with Etta, Sammy, Charlie and Chief--Diana looks at a b & w photo of Steve standing by his airplane. On the side of that plane is painted a tilted top hat that has stars and stripes on it--a la Uncle Sam's top hat. So perhaps--post-movie--Diana will have a costume that has stars on it (I suggest).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

Wow, brother, you are putting me to shame! I have only seen it twice! I live in a small town so I am trying to make plans to see it with my friend in the big city "nearby" (1 hour from here). When I do that, it will be three times!