Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In a number of scenes, while not for very long, it did appear to me that WW was flying. Otherwise, she would have fell to Earth much sooner. But I do think they did not want to make it too obvious in case they have plans to add the Invisible Jet in one of the later movies.
    After she killed her brother and was landing down, it looked like it was obviously slowmo. Diana as she touched the ground was slower and everything seemed to be slow and barren as everyone awoke and realized that with Ares dead, the war was now over (which pretty much proved Diana right technically).

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    After she killed her brother and was landing down, it looked like it was obviously slowmo. Diana as she touched the ground was slower and everything seemed to be slow and barren as everyone awoke and realized that with Ares dead, the war was now over (which pretty much proved Diana right technically).
    Except if you watch it, her hair is *not* moving in slow motion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Seeing the movie the second time, I believe that Ares tells Diana that Zeus left his child with the amazons for safe keeping....but then who is her mother? If it is Hippolyta then wouldn't Diana be a demi god? In the movie Ares refers to her as a god so wouldn't then both her parents be gods? I'm confused.
    He said that Zeus left "the child that he had with the Amazon Queen" with said Amazons. So he's saying that Hippolyta is indeed Diana's mother. She just didn't know about the whole "Zeus is actually your father" part, hence her reaction (not believing it at first).

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He said that Zeus left "the child that he had with the Amazon Queen" with said Amazons. So he's saying that Hippolyta is indeed Diana's mother. She just didn't know about the whole "Zeus is actually your father" part, hence her reaction (not believing it at first).
    See that's what I mean with Ares--and it's through the whole movie--where you can parse his statements differently depending what he actually means. It's fun, because he has some pearls that have a different meaning when you know who he is.

Zeus had a child and he left it with Hippolyta. Or Hippolyta got together with Zeus and they had a child. Either meaning is possible. And even if it's the latter, we still don't know what process was used to have that child.

Also had a child with her--meaning got a woman pregnant--is a bit too modern. But then a lot of the dialogue is too modern for the times. Even my parents didn't talk like this, back in my younger days.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A musical tribute to this awesome movie, courtesy of a musical teamup between Miracle of Sound and Karliene!

Freaking awesome!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hey guys! I watched the movie when I came out but I hadn't visited the forums, so I'll give my opinion

I LOVED IT! 9/10! Haven't enjoyed a superhero movie this much since Avengers and I think I enjoyed this even more.

I loved Themyschira, and the Amazons, Steve was a great character and Diana was never sidelined to be his love interest (you'd be surprised how often that happens), I like how it touched topics of war, mental illness and all those topics that tend to be portrayel poorly in media, I cried when you know who died, and I really loved the ending when she says she believes in love, I think it really touched on Diana's ideologies nicely.

Also, Pine and Gadot had great chemistry, I didn't know much about Gadot pre BvS, but I think her acting was solid, my favorite scenes was when she was excited about babies and the ice cream ones. The No Man's Land scene had me grinning all the time. I didn't like the origin but that's because I dislike the kid of Zeus thing and I think I always will, but I enjoyed the movie so much it barely bothered me, I look forward seeing her interactions with the JL in november.

I also hope that in the sequel she interacts more with female characters, though (and this is a critic I've seen in many female bloggers that I follow) I know it was WWI and ladies didn't have a prominent role, but WW is all about female empowerment and she should have relevant female relationships, but that's for the sequel.

I love how she saved the DCEU all by herself though
    Gal Gadot has a shaky film history with the Fast and Furious franchise and maybe you might've seen Keeping Up With The Jones', but she surprised the heck outta me in WW. I think I remember an interview on the Build Series YouTube channel and Chris Pine was like, "I just basically fed off her character and...Gal is my pal" or some stuff like that lol
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 06-13-2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: language, please :)
    Superhero shows are trash

Just got back from seeing the film for 1st time,loved it.

The beginning showing Diana and Themyscira had Thor (1) feel to it and then of course turned to the gritty WW1 stuff and from there a great journey.

Ares was reasonably ok as a villian for her 1st movie outing,upping the ante on a villian in the next one would be good.

overall,9/10 for sure.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Except if you watch it, her hair is *not* moving in slow motion.
    Nor are the ashes blowing in the wind.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member

I found Ares's motivations here to be a bit more interesting than what they usually are in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I found Ares's motivations here to be a bit more interesting than what they usually are in the comics.
    Indeed. Ludendorff is more like Ares in the comic, whereas Ares is more like Satan.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I'm not sure, but I just figured Ares wasn't being that precise; maybe a demi-god is enough of a god to kill a fellow god, and, with apparently only two people of substantial Olympian descent left, the distinction between these two "levels" of deity didn't seem to matter as much as it might have in the past.

And/or, it might be that the dying Zeus bequeathed to his last daughter his own power and status as a "full" god.

Yeah--after all, she has just come into her power in this movie, so it makes sense that we see it developing, and it makes sense that only when we see her back in the present day that we get a hint of her new power of flight..
    You mean that same power of flight we did not get to see in BvS?

What is the answer going to be when she does not fly in Justice League? She certainly has not done so in the trailers, yet Cyborg has!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You mean that same power of flight we did not get to see in BvS?

What is the answer going to be when she does not fly in Justice League? She certainly has not done so in the trailers, yet Cyborg has!
    Maybe they are deliberately NOT showing her flying the trailers just so fans heads will explode when she does

Remember, the trailers for BVS left out a lot of her powers as well that were then used in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Since Amazons THRIVE on competition

wonder woman versus.jpg

Stars indicate categories where Wonder Woman has racked up a box office win. All dollar amounts are for US box office and have been inflation adjusted to 2017 dollars

Iron Man is there because it was such a damn good movie, and the first of its kind for that particular hero on the big screen.

Yay

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Wonder Woman things tend to be a slow burn in sales. IIRC, the 2009 animated movie took a fairly long time to take off, but eventually outsold everything that wasn't Batman.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Maybe they are deliberately NOT showing her flying the trailers just so fans heads will explode when she does

Remember, the trailers for BVS left out a lot of her powers as well that were then used in the movie.
    If she didn't fly in her own movie, its doubtful that she is ever going to fly at all. I do not expect an explosion soon.