Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    1st of all, it isn't a complete victory for me, regardless of the success for the movie.
    1st of all, you might just have no choice but to get over it. She didn't fly for almost 50 years. You know this. Your avatar's version didn't fly at all. You know this. It is what it is. Why don't you direct your energies to bombarding Patty Jenkins with what you want?

However, my opinion is she flew. She is a young woman who has just discovered her destiny and true powers. Patty Jenkins has said she plans to address the flying. Let it go.

2nd of all, she has flown, with one exception, in all of her last 30+ year history which should be the guiding light for the DCEU. Why make her fly in her printed form as well as animated form just to ignore it in her movie debut?
    2nd of all, again, she didn't fly for more years than she did. Ether accept it or don't if one power would ruin what she stands for and who she is to you...again, oh well. You might want to go make your own $450 Million Blockbuster movie. i'll wait for it....

3rd of all, floating/gliding/hovering just doesn't do it for me. It might for you, and also, if she don't have the power in the Justice League movie, then Patty Jenkins can keep on saying that they will increase Diana's powers but to what effect? That she happens to get more powers when needed to vanquish an enemy, pulling a rabbit out of the hat so to speak when she needs it?
    3rd Yes, we've read you complain ad nauseum about how it doesn't do it for you....

So no, Wonder Woman is my favorite character, but I will not be able to move on from this version if they nerf her power of flight.

Let me know when Superman permanently loses his invulnerability or power of flight, and then I guess I will be satisfied. Or his laser vision.
    As you've been told, Superman, doesn't have the majority of his breath powers or sensory powers. And you're still not satisified. This isn't for you, so i think it might be best to move onto other avenues that showcase a Diana that is more like the one you want. This clearly isn't it.
    Last edited by richalex; 06-15-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    1st of all, you might just have no choice but to get over it. She didn't fly for almost 50 years. You know this. Your avatar's version didn't fly at all. You know this. It is what it is. Why don't you direct your energies to bombarding Patty Jenkins with what you want?

However, my opinion is she flew. She is a young woman who has just discovered her destiny and true powers. Patty Jenkins has said she plans to address the flying. Let it go.

2nd of all, again, she didn't fly for more years than she did. Ether accept it or don't if one power would ruin what she stands for and who she is to you...again, oh well. You might want to go make your own $450 Million Blockbuster movie. i'll wait for it....

3rd Yes, we've read you complain ad nauseum about how it doesn't do it for you....

As you've been told, Superman, doesn't have the majority of his breath powers or sensory powers. And you're still not satisified. This isn't for you, so i think it might be best to move onto other avenues that showcase a Diana that is more like the one you want. This clearly isn't it.

So now 45 years is 50. Why don't you just round it up to 100 years to make your point even more.

If Patty Jenkins will address the flying, I am sure we will see it in the Justice League movie, right?!? I mean, this comes in continuity after BvS and her solo movie.

I've made the argument in another post, but when we get to another 15 years so that half of her history is flying, then what? Then will that convince you she should, or will you go to another argument about how you don't care or that we fans should get over it.

You seem to want to complain to me and others ad nauseum about how it doesn't matter to you if she flys. Good, stay with it. If you still want to complain ad nauseum about it, just keep replying to my posts.

Don't care about Superman, was just trying to make a point. Let him leap tall buildings in a single bound, but don't let him fly. See the internet outrage then. Don't care about his breath power, because if he does use it, it will just be acceptable to all since he has used it in other mediums before..........oops, I forgot, Superman/Superboy and all the tv shows, movies, animated series, etc......How does a Wonder Woman compete with this?

I guess I will have to wait for all the videogames, multiple comic titles, animated series in which she is the star, not to mention all the TV shows in the works for her plus all the movies that will get made. Good thing we don't have that type of history like certain other Superhero's. Gosh, what if Christopher Reeves Superman didn't fly. Good thing they got that right. And wait, he also had superbreath. And he was pretty strong and fast and heat rays!!! Looks like they got the core of his powers right.

And the avatar is their because she was my first introduction to the character. Of course she couldn't fly nor would I wanted her to because she couldn't fly and frankly the special effects would have looked bad if she had 'glided'. But, this era's Wonder Woman isn't based on the 70's TV show. Don't be silly.

Crumbs, not very tasty, but I guess we are getting that right now.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-15-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

And once again, you're pretty much the only person on this forum who believes what we have gotten so far is "crumbs." Most of us were either perfectly satisfied with what we have, or we're willing to be patient and trust that we will get everything we want eventually.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And once again, you're pretty much the only person on this forum who believes what we have gotten so far is "crumbs." Most of us were either perfectly satisfied with what we have, or we're willing to be patient and trust that we will get everything we want eventually.
    So you speak for everyone on this forum?

Next time I will take proper notes and follow the majority. I wouldn't want people to get hurt with my opinions.

So you speak for everyone on this forum?

Next time I will take proper notes and follow the majority. I wouldn't want people to get hurt with my opinions.
    *Looks back through the thread.*

Yep! I'm seeing an awful lot of "This movie was awesome!" comments and very little "Why doesn't she FLY?" complaints from anyone other than yourself and dianafan1985. I feel pretty confident that it wasn't a big problem for most of us.

And you're allowed to have your opinion. But when you call the movie "crumbs" you are assuming that only your opinion has validity. You are, in effect, accusing the rest of us of being okay with "crumbs," whereas you, the only "true" WW fan, won't be satisfied with anything less than a big ol' T-bone. Meanwhile? The rest of us reject your assessment that what we're eating is, in fact, "crumbs" so you come across like you're talking down to everyone who isn't outraged about a lack of definitive flight in the movie.

Saying "I won't be fully satisfied until she flies" bothers no one. Saying "crumbs" bothers anyone who doesn't agree.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Yep! I'm seeing an awful lot of "This movie was awesome!" comments and very little "Why doesn't she FLY?" complaints from anyone other than yourself and dianafan1985. I feel pretty confident that it wasn't a big problem for most of us.

And you're allowed to have your opinion. But when you call the movie "crumbs" you are assuming that only your opinion has validity. You are, in effect, accusing the rest of us of being okay with "crumbs," whereas you, the only "true" WW fan, won't be satisfied with anything less than a big ol' T-bone. Meanwhile? The rest of us reject your assessment that what we're eating is, in fact, "crumbs" so you come across like you're talking down to everyone who isn't outraged about a lack of definitive flight in the movie.

Saying "I won't be fully satisfied until she flies" bothers no one. Saying "crumbs" bothers anyone who doesn't agree.
    Go back and tell me where, when I say 'just crumbs', how that is saying my opinion has more validity than yours or anyone elses?

Very thin argument.

And I guess, unless they wish to speak to the masses as we do, anyone who doesn't but does share my opinion is invalidated because they are silent about it?

I guess you haven't read where I stated that I loved the movie with basically only one exception. But you can cherry pick all you want, doesn't change my opinion!

So now 45 years is 50. Why don't you just round it up to 100 years to make your point even more

If Patty Jenkins will address the flying, I am sure we will see it in the Justice League movie, right?!? I mean, this comes in continuity after BvS and her solo movie.

I've made the argument in another post, but when we get to another 15 years so that half of her history is flying, then what? Then will that convince you she should, or will you go to another argument about how you don't care or that we fans should get over it.

You seem to want to complain to me and others ad nauseum about how it doesn't matter to you if she flys. Good, stay with it. If you still want to complain ad nauseum about it, just keep replying to my posts.

Don't care about Superman, was just trying to make a point. Let him leap tall buildings in a single bound, but don't let him fly. See the internet outrage then. Don't care about his breath power, because if he does use it, it will just be acceptable to all since he has used it in other mediums before..........oops, I forgot, Superman/Superboy and all the tv shows, movies, animated series, etc......How does a Wonder Woman compete with this?

I guess I will have to wait for all the videogames, multiple comic titles, animated series in which she is the star, not to mention all the TV shows in the works for her plus all the movies that will get made. Good thing we don't have that type of history like certain other Superhero's. Gosh, what if Christopher Reeves Superman didn't fly. Good thing they got that right. And wait, he also had superbreath. And he was pretty strong and fast and heat rays!!! Looks like they got the core of his powers right.

And the avatar is their because she was my first introduction to the character. Of course she couldn't fly nor would I wanted her to because she couldn't fly and frankly the special effects would have looked bad if she had 'glided'. But, this era's Wonder Woman isn't based on the 70's TV show. Don't be silly.

Crumbs, not very tasty, but I guess we are getting that right now.
    I was going to say a whole long thing....But now I won't. You lost credibility when you're trying to compare me being off by 5 years to adding 100. LOL Have a good day.
    Richard Alexander

I think we should just stop. It is a waste of time to debate with him. It isn't worth it.
    Richard Alexander

I think we should just stop. It is a waste of time to debate with him. It isn't worth it.
    No skin off my back!

Eh. You're right.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-15-2017 at 09:35 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

You are declaring the movie "crumbs" in your eyes. The obvious implication being that you find anyone who doesn't care about flight must just be satisfied with "crumbs." That is you setting your opinion above others. You are essentially looking at all of us and saying "What is WRONG with you?"

No thinner than claiming that a character developing over time is somehow a huge insult to fans of that character. Especially one so far NO character in this universe has been portrayed with his/her full power set in his/her first or even his/her second appearance.

Feel free to point out the Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook pages that are absolutely blazing with outrage over Diana's lack of flight in this movie if you can. Go to Change.org and tell me if there are any "Make DCEU Wonder Woman FLY" petitions currently active. If there are? How many signatures? Heck, feel free to start one of your own, if it means that much to you.

I was only talking about THIS forum. So far, the people who have felt the need to join our discussions about the movie have been overwhelmingly positive and there has been no mass uprising to support your campaign against a flightless Diana. Based solely on the participants in the conversation, the majoirity's position seems pretty clear. If there IS a silent majority who don't feel inclined to talk about how insulted they are by Diana's lack of flight, then it's kind of impossible to know their feelings until they state them or until they all decide to not support the next movie featuring a flightless Diana.

1.) I have not, nor has anyone else, attempted to change your opinion on anything.

2.) I'm not cherry picking. This is the issue you choose to bring up again and again, so it seems like it's a pretty important issue to you. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, beyond the flight issue. Just seems to me that I'd rather spend more time talking about the hundred things I did like about a movie, rather than endlessly talking about the one thing that I didn't.

But that's just me, I guess.
    If you want to debate me ad nauseum about it, go for it. It does seem you do have the time and effort to do this.

Again, by my saying 'crumbs', it is just my opinion and I took it off another poster saying the word, so it isn't even an original word that came from me.

If flying isn't a big issue, why was there a thread devoted to it? It is obviously a question some people would like answered. There are enough people that can like or love the movie and yet still be disappointed that they didn't show her flying. It doesn't seem you can wrap your head around this idea!

So...this is your best answer?

You have watched the movie 10 or more times, have said with no hesitation or deliberation that she can fly, have said that multiple times on this board and you and I have argued the point many times, and your best answer is 'I don't care'.

Why do you protest so much and argue that she can fly based on what you have seen only to counter that with 'I don't care'? Are you hedging your bets in your mind knowing that I might be right and the DCEU has no intention of letting what Diana has done for the last 30+ years and fly?

Again, I want her to fly and I really liked the movie. I just need both to happen to get my satisfaction from it and call it the best superhero movie I have ever seen. But I can't, not just yet. I liked the movie despite the stupid Zeus origin and implications that she wasn't formed from clay.
    Sorry, let me clarify...if she doesn't do YOUR DEFINITION OF FLYING IN JUSTICE LEAGUE I don't care. I like how she flies now just fine! It totally works for me.

I also DON'T CARE to discuss this point any further.

IMG_0195.jpg

And 13. 13 times so far.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-15-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Who cares? What is this, middle school? So we have to agree with everybody to post an opinion in this forum? I could care less who is satisfied with what; I am a grown man; I am not trying to join a clique in an online community. Bitethebullet as well as myself have the right to post our grievances about the fact that ONE of Diana's powers happened to have been discarded once again. If you are getting sick to your stomach of our comments? There is a simple solution! BLOCK US.

Do you think I am going to feel ostracized because a dozen people on an online forum doesn't agree with me on Wonder Woman's flying capabilities or not? This is a past time for me. Something I do to get my mind off of "real problems" and "real life." If something like this is going to get somebody seriously offended, then my God, he or she has the most enviable position, as far as I am concerned, in the world.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 06-15-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Sorry, let me clarify...if she doesn't do YOUR DEFINITION OF FLYING IN JUSTICE LEAGUE I don't care. I like how she flies now just fine! It totally works for me.

I also DON'T CARE to discuss this point any further.

IMG_0195.jpg

And 13. 13 times so far.
    And I accept your explanation

And I accept your explanation
    Handshake.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.