Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    spoilers:
    I was talking about this with my friend I went with. I think its clear she gave up being "Wonder Woman", but Diana was more than likely fighting the good fight in the background. I would love if they made her sort of the Indiana Jones of the DCEU. Not only would it put her at odds with Barbara Minerva, but what if she goes around throughout the last 100 years collecting dangerous artificats? Look at the collection of items/weapons/armors that she had in her office. I think it would fit the character very well. It could even open up the idea that there was a Justice Society around, but they were truly Mystery Men and Women. The General public would think they were a myth. Imagine them having to fight Hitler for the Spear of Destiny, things like that?

And as she says in BvS, she's fought things from other Worlds before. She said that with Confidence. I'm sure she didn't meant just Ares.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think she gave it up. She's still in costume when she flies off the tower in Paris, present day. It felt like a BvS retcon, actually.
    end of spoilers
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by koolas View Post
    What is spoilers:
    Menalippe's relationship to Antiope
    end of spoilers ? Lovers? Mentor? Sister?
    Sister.
    I felt like spoilers:
    Diana and the really beautiful blonde may have had a thing though...
    end of spoilers

was there any explicit hints at same sex amazon couples or relationship of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think she gave it up. She's still in costume when she flies off the tower in Paris, present day. It felt like a BvS retcon, actually.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought the end was understood to take place after BvS. BvS is probably the first time she puts back on the costume. Like she said in the Justice League Trailer, she didn't think she would see the age of heroes again. When did she see it the first time?
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    was there any explicit hints at same sex amazon couples or relationship of some sort?
    spoilers:
    No not really, though she hints that the only thing men are needed for are reproduction, not that she believes that mind you, but thats in that book she read "Cleo's 12 Volumes of something or another)
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

It was 100% a given. Hard to explain, but no hints or implications were even necessary. Diana does state outright spoilers:
    that the Amazons have learned that men are necessary for Procreation, but irrelevant when it comes to sexual pleasure.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by koolas View Post
    What is spoilers:
    Menalippe's relationship to Antiope
    end of spoilers ? Lovers? Mentor? Sister?
    spoilers:
    In articles leading up to the movie, it was said that she is Diana's other Aunt, though as you've seen, they never outright say so. She's just Antiope's Lieutenant.
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought the end was understood to take place after BvS. BvS is probably the first time she puts back on the costume. Like she said in the Justice League Trailer, she didn't think she would see the age of heroes again. When did she see it the first time?
    end of spoilers
    OH. YEAH. DUUUH ME. Geez. I can't believe that didn't occur to me. Totally obvious. Haaaa!!!!

spoilers:
    Moving back to her powerlevels for a second. Her speed, more than once its kinda shown that she is almost invisiblly fast. Like the scene they've shown in the trailer with them sitting in the bar,
    but as you watch the full scene, you really don't see her move and grab the guy, especially as she was sitting and the guy was standing with the table between them. She moves so fast to grab him.
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

How would you say does she compare to Supes?

I still have two weeks to wait until it is released here in France so I will eventually get spoiled one day or the other until my own screening so I don't mind getting spoiled xD

How would you say does she compare to Supes?

I still have two weeks to wait until it is released here in France so I will eventually get spoiled one day or the other until my own screening so I don't mind getting spoiled xD
    spoilers:
    I can't recall seeing him do anything that I didn't see her do something comparable. But she can do more than what we've seen him do so far. But the flight differently. He seems to be antigravity, she seems to use strength.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

I like most of what I'm hearing. I'm kind of surprised that:

spoilers:
    They'd let Steve and Diana have sex. IDK maybe I'm so used to Marvel shying away from that particular element in their films.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Superman has at least one strength feat that may set him apart from Diana, if we consider a newspaper article about it to be an official feat.

In the Extended Cut, when Lois comes to the wheelchair guy's home and sees all the (planted) anti-Superman evidence all over the place, if you look closely, you can see a newspaper article describing Superman holding together a tectonic plate or something ala the first Chris Reeve movie.

Obviously, it's debatable whether that counts as an official feat, but it does suggest where WB's mind is in regard to Clark's strength. So it's probably too soon to be comparing Diana to Clark in terms of strength. What's important is that there doesn't appear to be a significant gulf between them. Diana did as well, if not better than Clark against Doomsday, so even if she isn't quite on his level, she's still more than sufficiently in his weight class.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

She also has much more training than he does. So she has more skill and technique behind her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I like most of what I'm hearing. I'm kind of surprised that:

spoilers:
    They'd let Steve and Diana have sex. IDK maybe I'm so used to Marvel shying away from that particular element in their films.
    end of spoilers
    It was really handled beautifully, And I think it was necessary on about 100 levels, in universe, and out.