Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1789
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Can we get some links to this, please? It sounds more like Noah, that classic Greek Myth ...
    Nearly all the Mediterranean cultures have a myth eerily similar to Noah's flood. Mesopotamian myth mentions a great world-ending flood as well.

The story of the different versions of humanity that the Greeks believed came before us can be found here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've long felt that Wonder Woman's main problem is getting around the gate-keepers of comic book fandom, that don't seem to see the appeal in the character, to the average person on the street who has a lot of good will toward the character (they just don't all buy comic books).
    Absolutely.

Another problem has always been DC themselves. As has already been mentioned, they've simply come up with every excuse under the sun to not do more with her. Finally? They took a chance, put Diana in an excellent movie.......and lo and behold! Big ol' piles of money and a ton of positive press!

If this doesn't motivate them to see that Diana can make them at least nearly as much money as Batman can, I don't know what will.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    I think the obvious success of this movie answers a lot of questions/criticisms that Wonder Woman fans have heard over the years:

-she's not relatable enough to be popular
    -her comic book never sells enough to warrant a movie
    -the old chestnut about the public not excepting a female action hero

and on and on. I would have been happy if WW turned out the be above average (considering the storytelling mistakes of the prior DCU films), but I never dreamed that Wondy would be the best DC movie I've seen since the Dark Knight.

Sitting there with my son, I couldn't help but think of my late wife who was a big WW fan, and would have enjoyed seeing Diana on the big screen. This may sound strange, but I feel that my boy and I were kind of honoring her memory in a weird way by going to see it. I am so happy that WW got the movie that the character deserves.
    What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. Cheers!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I saw it and loves it. I really loved the movie and hope Patty will be signed on. I cried at Steve's death.

What was really going through Diana's head after she saw Superman's sacrifice.

I guarantee, this is at least part of Diana's inspiration for joining the Justice League. Watching two heroic men sacrifice themselves for the good of the world and in defense of the women they loved? Yeah, Diana wasn't just seeing Superman at the end of that battle. She was seeing Steve as well.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

DC, The House that Superman Built, That Batman Pay's the rent, that Hopefully, Wonder Woman will take over the mortgage. lol
    Richard Alexander

Is it wrong that I wrong Steve to come back? Still upset about his death.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Of course it's not wrong. He was a great character and we all want to see his relationship with Diana continue.

I'm thinking they might bring him back by sheer virtue of how much the audience loved him. It's really a question of whether Chris Pine wants to come back and whether or not bringing Steve back in any way undermines the impact of Steve's sacrifice. Seeing as how the concept of a lover rescuing his/her lover from the Underworld is a classic story in Greek myth, I don't see any reason why Steve NEEDS to remain dead.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

If JUSTICE LEAGUE wasn't already in the process of being finished and I was to write a new plot for the movie--based off of WONDER WOMAN--I'd have Diana lead her band of heroes into the Underworld, to get Superman's soul back. There they would meet up with Pa Kent (who would retcon some of his statements in MOS) and Steve Trevor and a dead Boy Wonder and Antiope and Nora Allen. They'd want to save all those souls, but they would only be able to save Superman (maybe).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Doesn't everyone want Steve to come back?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kaye View Post
    I don't. I think Chris Pine did a fine job in the role. But, I think that Steve Trevor's story has been told.

I also don't want to see Ares or any of the other Greek gods return. I would prefer for Diana's story to move forward. Her relationship with Steve was already the central aspect of her sub-plot in "Dawn of Justice" and a major part of her solo film.

Wouldn't it depend on how Steve comes back to life? I hope we get Cheetah or Circe. One thing I'm slight worried about is how they can match the first movie. The squeal is sometimes never quite as good. However, if they get the same people I shouldn't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kaye View Post
    Yes, yes we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I don't. I think Chris Pine did a fine job in the role. But, I think that Steve Trevor's story has been told.

I also don't want to see Ares or any of the other Greek gods return. I would prefer for Diana's story to move forward. Her relationship with Steve was already the central aspect of her sub-plot in "Dawn of Justice" and a major part of her solo film.
    I agree completely about Steve. But not so sure about the gods..
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Maybe Steve will return if the next movie is set a few decades later as the son of the original Steve, ala the TV series?

Retired

I agree that bringing back Steve would cheapen his sacrifice--unless they could find a careful way to finesse it. However, it's ironic that the movie repeats tropes that can be so annoying in the comics.

Steve Trevor has proved so hard to write well in the comics that he's been killed off several times. Yet here we have a very well written (and acted) Steve Trevor and he's still killed off! Poor Steve can't catch a break.