Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Superman has at least one strength feat that may set him apart from Diana, if we consider a newspaper article about it to be an official feat.

In the Extended Cut, when Lois comes to the wheelchair guy's home and sees all the (planted) anti-Superman evidence all over the place, if you look closely, you can see a newspaper article describing Superman holding together a tectonic plate or something ala the first Chris Reeve movie.

Obviously, it's debatable whether that counts as an official feat, but it does suggest where WB's mind is in regard to Clark's strength. So it's probably too soon to be comparing Diana to Clark in terms of strength. What's important is that there doesn't appear to be a significant gulf between them. Diana did as well, if not better than Clark against Doomsday, so even if she isn't quite on his level, she's still more than sufficiently in his weight class.
    I was just referencing things we've seen. I think he COULD be stronger, becasuem you know, Superman, but she will be the one to beat on the JL. There will be no comparison to her.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member

Good, that's good.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I was just referencing things we've seen. I think he COULD be stronger, becasuem you know, Superman, but she will be the one to beat on the JL. There will be no comparison to her.
    I think it was in MoS, but it could have been in BvS, but don't we see Superman basically towing a huge transport ship? That seems like a pretty impressive feat, even compared to lifting a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I think it was in MoS, but it could have been in BvS, but don't we see Superman basically towing a huge transport ship? That seems like a pretty impressive feat, even compared to lifting a tank.
    My distinct impression is she would definitely be up for that. But, try to trust me when I say, Wonder Woman WOWS you through this movie. The way she does all of the things she does is more impressive and cooler to see than anything I've seen from any other comic movie...or action movie.

The lasso stuff alone!!! Trying not to oversell here.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-25-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

My distinct impression is she would definitely be up for that. But, try to trust me when I say, Wonder Woman WOWS you through this movie. The way she does all of the things she does is more impressive and cooler to see than anything I've seen from any other comic movie...or action movie.

The lasso stuff alone!!! Trying not to oversell here.
    I've got another week to go (advanced screening on June the 1st), so we shall see.....

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I've got another week to go (advanced screening on June the 1st), so we shall see.....
    As far as cool looking, kick-ass action goes: as awesome as they look, the trailers haven't spoiled what you will actually see on screen. They're like the bread before the appetizer before the salad before the meal.

As far as cool looking, kick-ass action goes: as awesome as they look, the trailers haven't spoiled what you will actually see on screen. They're like the bread before the appetizer before the salad before the meal.
    Before the dessert.

Fantastic Member

two easter eggs I noticed.
    spoilers:
    first was the ice cream scene. a clear reference to the animated movie. The most notable however was before going to battle where she is knocked silly and looks up and shares a mutual gaze with an animal perhaps yak or moose. it seemed as if maybe her patrons weren't dead after all. anyone else interpret that seen as the Greek gods being around?
    end of spoilers J

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    two easter eggs I noticed.
    spoilers:
    first was the ice cream scene. a clear reference to the animated movie. The most notable however was before going to battle where she is knocked silly and looks up and shares a mutual gaze with an animal perhaps yak or moose. it seemed as if maybe her patrons weren't dead after all. anyone else interpret that seen as the Greek gods being around?
    end of spoilers J
    Yes, and another time before she goes to the Tower on Themyscira.

IMG_9821.jpg

WONDER-ful!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Approximately how long is the part on Themyscira?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Approximately how long is the part on Themyscira?
    Oddly enough, I couldn't say.

Enough? Just the right amount? Hm

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oddly enough, I couldn't say.

Enough? Just the right amount? Hm
    I hope it doesn't feel short/rushed. 30 minutes at least.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-25-2017 at 01:03 PM.

So...is it good? Should I go and watch it?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Really excited, and everything I'm hearing just makes me feel more excited. Thanks to everyone sharing their impressions.

I'm trying to avoid massive spoiler blocks so sorry if this was covered earlier, but can I just ask if they definitely make her Zeus's daughter? That's really the only big thing I wanna know beforehand so I'm not spending the whole film wondering about it lol.