Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1789
    Retired

Actually it's at $781.2 million US worldwide / $390.6 million US domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Actually it's at $781.2 million US worldwide / $390.6 million US domestic.
    Even better! I just googled, and that's what came up. I just can't believe this is all happening...
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Oh man!! We had no clue did we?? 769.1M as of today...and it's not over!! This is astounding!!
    Yeah, I didn't want to get too optimistic and Diana was definitely up against some pretty fierce competition, so I lowballed my estimates!

I've never been so happy to be wrong in my whole life!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want to get too optimistic and Diana was definitely up against some pretty fierce competition, so I lowballed my estimates!

I've never been so happy to be wrong in my whole life!
    But think we were all pretty much on par with our *super optimistic* $500M!! HA!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member

I'm very impressed by how well the movie has done. In May, I would have said I'd be happy if it did $300 mil domestic and $700 mil worldwide. Happy to be wrong. She may not quite get to $400 mil domestic (though I'm still hoping it does); but with it releasing in Japan in Aug, it should cross $800 mil worldwide.

I, also, wasn't counting on a sequel. Especially with the crowded summer movie schedule, I thought WW might do ok, but not well enough to green light another. Very, VERY happy to be wrong. Woo! Woo!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I'm very impressed by how well the movie has done. In May, I would have said I'd be happy if it did $300 mil domestic and $700 mil worldwide. Happy to be wrong. She may not quite get to $400 mil domestic (though I'm still hoping it does); but with it releasing in Japan in Aug, it should cross $800 mil worldwide.

I, also, wasn't counting on a sequel. Especially with the crowded summer movie schedule, I thought WW might do ok, but not well enough to green light another. Very, VERY happy to be wrong. Woo! Woo!
    Wonder Woman would be probably around 395m dom by the end of this weekend. If it stays in theatres for next 3-4 weeks then she should comfortably beat spiderman (2002) which is at 403m dom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    Wonder Woman would be probably around 395m dom by the end of this weekend. If it stays in theatres for next 3-4 weeks then she should comfortably beat spiderman (2002) which is at 403m dom.
    Hope so. She keeps on going and doing better than I anticipate. I know it's not a big difference (relatively speaking), but crossing the $400 mil mark would be really cool.

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman is officially the 3rd biggest WB movie when it comes to dom gross only behind TDK and TDKR. Let's see what WB does with WoWo brand after this success.

Batman begins got movie tie in game. Arkham asylum was built upon canceled TDK movie tie in game. There are lots of LoTR and Harry potter games. It would be great injustice if Wonder Woman doesn't get her own video game. Her movie is more successful than GoTG 1 and GoTG 2 and they recently had a telltale game and there is GoTG AAA game in development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    Wonder Woman is officially the 3rd biggest WB movie when it comes to dom gross only behind TDK and TDKR. Let's see what WB does with WoWo brand after this success.

Batman begins got movie tie in game. Arkham asylum was built upon canceled TDK movie tie in game. There are lots of LoTR and Harry potter games. It would be great injustice if Wonder Woman doesn't get her own video game. Her movie is more successful than GoTG 1 and GoTG 2 and they recently had a telltale game and there is GoTG AAA game in development.
    Lots of opportunity. I wish they gave her the GL treatment; by that I mean an animated series, another animated movie, a movie tie-in game, etc. I know GL didn't live up to expectations, so they got burned. But, I like that they had confidence and committed to it.

With the WW movie release, didn't they announce more Batman animated stuff? That's about all they do anymore. DC Superhero Girls kind of covers the animated series spot; not ideal, but ok. But, why no WW centered JL animated film? They got lazy and simply rereleased the first one.

There aren't even any comic tie-ins.No, instead, the big summer event is about Batman. Again.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

There was an old justice league online computer game which featured Wonder Woman beating up zombie soldiers like in the episodes "Paradise Lost". I can't remember where they showed footage of gameplay, but I enjoyed it. Kept getting my butt kicked in it tho. All I could do was the lasso pull and uppercut, I didn't know how to punch. Lol

Incredible Member

The lack of merchandise for Wonder Woman, in terms of tie-in comic books, video games (Lego or otherwise), dedicated action figure line (i.e. based on various comic book appearances and including her friends and foes), animated TV series or movie is very disappointing.

I had hoped that DC would announce a Wonder Woman-focused entry for their animated film library at SDCC, for example, "Justice: A League of One" or "The Hikiteia" (i.e. something that still included Batman, since they LOVE Batman), but that didn't happen.

Retired

I get the feeling that WB was really not expecting WONDER WOMAN to be all that successful, so they weren't prepared to roll out a lot of tie-ins. All this has to be done months in advance, so even if they are trying to get some deals in place after the fact, it could be a long wait before we see any tie-ins. Maybe for when the DVD comes out .

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I get the feeling that WB was really not expecting WONDER WOMAN to be all that successful, so they weren't prepared to roll out a lot of tie-ins. All this has to be done months in advance, so even if they are trying to get some deals in place after the fact, it could be a long wait before we see any tie-ins. Maybe for when the DVD comes out .
    Pretty sure that's exactly the case.

This isn't new stuff for us. WB has shown a clear reluctance where Diana was concerned. They only pushed forward on this movie because once they committed to a shared universe, they pretty much HAD to do a Wonder Woman movie. It's pretty clear they didn't expect it to be anywhere near THIS successful, so that's why there's not much of a followup. It may take a few months before we start to see signs of an expansion to the Wonder-verse.

Around the time of the DVD release sounds about right to me.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Pretty sure that's exactly the case.

This isn't new stuff for us. WB has shown a clear reluctance where Diana was concerned. They only pushed forward on this movie because once they committed to a shared universe, they pretty much HAD to do a Wonder Woman movie. It's pretty clear they didn't expect it to be anywhere near THIS successful, so that's why there's not much of a followup. It may take a few months before we start to see signs of an expansion to the Wonder-verse.

Around the time of the DVD release sounds about right to me.
    In a way, it makes it all the sweeter that WW proved even WB wrong. You go girl!

But, yeah, it kinda sucks that they didn't really anticipate success. Didn't they mention awhile ago maybe doing a JL animated movie focused on WW, kind of like Throne of Atlantis for Aquaman? No one at WB thought that this summer might be a good time to release a dvd like that? As Agent 86 suggested, you got A League of One, The Hiketeia, etc - a lot of good options.

A prequel comic of Steve and his merry men would have been a fun tie-in as well. Hello DC, anyone home?

I will give them some credit for figures, I have seen some nice toys and such. Even picked up the Funko Pop WW, Hippolyta, and Steve. Nice additions for my lil' collection.

Hopefully, they'll do a better job on this in 2019 - just in time for Christmas.

Retired

VARIETY is reporting that

Now Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, wants the action movie to break another glass ceiling. Although executives haven’t commented publicly on their plans, they have internally discussed launching a formidable awards-season campaign for the movie, in the hopes of making it the first comic-book film nominated for best picture, Variety has learned.

The studio will also stump Patty Jenkins for best director, which would also be groundbreaking. No director of a comic-book film — not even Christopher Nolan — has ever been nominated, and only men have ruled the category since (and before) Kathryn Bigelow won the Oscar for “The Hurt Locker” in 2010.

Keep in mind that VARIETY isn't above reporting rumours that turn out to be false, so don't get your hopes up and take this with a grain of salt.