Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1789

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You might believe it, and I also hope you are right. But all signs with regards to trailers and the like for the Justice League movie does not indicate that she will.

Unless Joss Whedon's reshoots suddenly include her flying.......but, I get the idea that Zak Synder already did the action shots.

Right now, she is above an olympic class long jumper
    Yep! My favorite Olympic Event! Especially when they jump off buildings and soar through the air. IT. IS. AWESOME.

(hgzip, if interested, you can see my previous posts where I've contrasted Superman's flight, Cyborg's flight, and Wonder Woman's flight. Bullet and I don't agree on this aspect...I imagine you will not agree either, but there you go! haha)
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 08-03-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

TrueWWFan

Thank you for your comments! I missed the new Sensation series somehow. I'm going to have to look into getting those back issues! Sounds really interesting. Thanks for the recommendation! :-)

TrueWWFan

I agree with you 100% on all of your comments, Awonder! Thank you for your insights!

Overall I liked the movie and I'm glad to see that it has been well received. Hopefully this means the upcoming DC films will also be better. Of the things I didn't like include: Ares. David Thewlis just did not work for me as Ares. I don't know who I would pick, but I know it wouldn't have been him. He's not a bad actor at all; it's just that I don't think he was right for the role. I also thought Ares overall was lackluster as a character. He just didn't come off as menacing enough for me. I also wasn't a fan of the little girl who played a young Diana. She did a great job from an acting perspective, but she doesn't look like a young Diana to me. /End Rant

I still really liked this movie and I look forward to the sequels to expand the WW movie-verse. I really want to see the likes of Circe and Cheetah (Minerva) on screen. I also want to see more of the Amazons. I'm glad to see them appear in the JL film and I hope they don't get jobbed out.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Retired

The villains in WONDER WOMAN are really just the MacGuffin and if they were more developed they would take the spotlight away from Diana and Steve who are what the movie is really about. The true cause of WW I and the millions of deaths in that war is not a couple of comic book villains or an old god--it's man's inhumanity to man. If we could scapegoat those villains, then we would miss the message of the movie. I do admit these three are the least interesting characters in the movie and maybe could have used some tweaks, but they really aren't supposed to be so important in the end.

TrueWWFan

I wrote for an hour in response to your amazing, long detailed posts, RealWonderman, and Hgzip, and I went to post my replies and I got booted out just before it sent. I lost it all. STUPID! I should have written it all in a word program and did copy/paste instead. Anyway, just a quick note to let you know I'm not ignoring you guys! I'm sitting down this morning to rewrite the whole thing. Not that you're waiting on the edges of your seats for my awe-inspiriting thoughts or anything, I just didn't want you to think I was mad and ignoring you. LOL! Sorry!

Retired

I can't count the number of times that's happened to me. Sometimes, I'm reminded to write the post in a word document and then copy it, but not often enough.

Should we be tracking the box office this weekend? The domestic was at $396,706,060 on Wednesday, August 2nd--it should go over $400 M by Monday.

Incredible Member

It is confirmed 400 million dollars for Diana.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"But fans won't have to wait until 2019 to get more of Gal Gadot's superheroics, as Wonder Woman will return to the big screen in Justice League, hitting theaters just 15 weeks from now. Gadot is also expected to reprise her role as Wonder Woman in the upcoming production of Flashpoint, which will be Flash's solo movie but is also more of another superhero team-up featuring several additional DC superheroes. Flashpoint is currently scheduled to release in 2020. So we'll see Wonder Woman twice this year, again in 2019, and in 2020. That's an average of one appearance every year, and it means Wonder Woman could potentially appear in as many different films as Batman will over the course of the next few years in the DCEU."

Full article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...ic-box-office/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That a tremendous accomplishment for all involved. I'm very excited about it. But we're not quite there, yet. Probably sometime between Sun-Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "But fans won't have to wait until 2019 to get more of Gal Gadot's superheroics, as Wonder Woman will return to the big screen in Justice League, hitting theaters just 15 weeks from now. Gadot is also expected to reprise her role as Wonder Woman in the upcoming production of Flashpoint, which will be Flash's solo movie but is also more of another superhero team-up featuring several additional DC superheroes. Flashpoint is currently scheduled to release in 2020. So we'll see Wonder Woman twice this year, again in 2019, and in 2020. That's an average of one appearance every year, and it means Wonder Woman could potentially appear in as many different films as Batman will over the course of the next few years in the DCEU."

Full article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...ic-box-office/
    Unless I missed something, WW appearing in Flashpoint is pure conjecture at this point. The Flash tv show already did a version of Flashpoint without including everyone from the comic or other tv shows; so, I don't see why a Flash movie couldn't do something similar.
    Last edited by Awonder; 08-04-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Unless I missed something, WW appearing in Flashpoint is pure conjecture at this point. The Flash tv show already did a version of Flashpoint without including everyone from the comic or other tv shows; so, I don't see why a Flash movie couldn't do something similar.
    From Hughes: "Not merely speculation, I can't say more than that right now though."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...27821968191490

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Hughes: "Not merely speculation, I can't say more than that right now though."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...27821968191490
    That's not a confirmation though. It a writer trying to get clicks for his own article(s). He may have a source, he may not. With so much time in between, a lot can change. Flash has already gone through two directors, no? So, it's poor writing to be talk about it as a sure thing.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

They may show Diana in her villainous persona in Flashpoint, but my guess is that it'll be toned down. Right now, unless JL changes things, Diana CAN'T lead her Amazon sisters in an invasion of Man's World and turn the UK into a male concentration camp. They may portray a battle between her and Aquaman, but it'll probably toned down as well. I very much doubt they'll show her murdering a child in cold blood either.

Unless Flashpoint's effects go back a century or more, whatever changes to Diana's timeline will take place after she's already been here in Man's World for some time. My guess is something will change that just pushes Diana down a villainous path and she just becomes another run-of-the-mill villain of some sort. Maybe she teams up with some other villains. Who knows? Either way, it won't be quite as severe as comic Flashpoint. Let's never forget that the comics can ALWAYS go bigger than the movies because comics don't have a special effects budget. So this will definitely be toned down.

Heck, maybe they'll REALLY flip the script and NOT have Diana as a villain at all. Maybe she'll remain a hero and fight beside Barry. That'd be cool.

Meanwhile? Awesome to hear that Diana is going to break $400 million Domestic!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--