Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1789
    Retired

It's going to break $400 M. It hasn't done it yet. Yesterday was $397,146,079, so today is somewhere around $398 M and on Saturday or Sunday (Monday at the latest) it will cross the 400 mark. I'm not trying to be a downer, but I want to savour the moment when it actually goes over that amount. Celebrating before it happens doesn't feel as wonderdul to me. It's like celebrating a birthday the day before--never something I enjoyed.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    That's not a confirmation though. It a writer trying to get clicks for his own article(s). He may have a source, he may not. With so much time in between, a lot can change. Flash has already gone through two directors, no? So, it's poor writing to be talk about it as a sure thing.
    Hughes is reliable, he isn't a clickbait blogger.

"All I can say at this time is that my understanding of the plan for the film is for Wonder Woman & some other DCEU heroes to appear too."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...01823659098113

"I said Wonder Woman is expected to be in it, that's the plan. It is not "confirmed" til the studio has it all arranged & announces it."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...02648636764160

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "All I can say at this time is that my understanding of the plan for the film is for Wonder Woman & some other DCEU heroes to appear too."
    https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...01823659098113
    First, I appreciate you sharing the info you find.

This could be a fun idea, DC's answer to Marvel's Civil War. But, given that WB frequently changes their movie plans (e.g., Shazam), I think it's still too early to call it "expected." The above tweet is probably how it should have been worded in the article. To just say Gal is "expected" to be in Flashpoint, at this stage, really wasn't the best word choice (neither was him misusing the $397 as "North America;" he got his facts wrong as domestic total doesn't include Mexico). Perhaps he should have someone proof read before he posts?

TrueWWFan

From Hgzip:

If you start to think about the Zeus origin, it leads to the question - is Diana a goddess or a half-goddess? By Greek mythology standards, she is a half-goddess because Hippolyta isn't a goddess. OTOH, "only a god can kill a god", and she seems to be ageless. Demi-gods _did_ age and die, even Heracles (the most-favored son of Zeus).
    [B]
    My theory about this is that Hippolyta isn’t a goddess, but she is immortal, which puts her somewhere between a human and a demi-god. She’s not an average human; she’s of the Amazon race (whatever that is), which seems to be something better than human. So a child by her and Zeus would therefore be ¾ a god, rather than a half god, and maybe that’s enough to kill Ares? It’s just a thought, but it’s the best I’ve got on this one. I also believe that every time Diana closed her eyes and tilted her head up, she was communicating in some way with the spirits of her goddesses, whether she was giving thanks or asking “why me?” If the spirits of the goddesses are with her, then she had plenty of help in killing Ares. Even Antiope’s spirit would have been there to help. Thinking of it this way also helps to answer why she seemed so over-powered in this film compared to her power in the JLA movie. 1 – She was emotionally charged, and this increased her goddess powers. 2 - She had divine help, because if Ares did kill the goddesses, then they were certainly invested in Diana winning the fight. They maybe wouldn’t have been there as much to assist her with the killing of other creatures that don’t involve them, though.

As I said, I don't believe that all the gods are dead.

You’re right, Ares couldn’t have killed all of the gods. There are way too many. Maybe just the main pantheon? Or better yet, the book Hippolyta read to Diana was indeed “just a story” and not true! I would do anything to get the goddesses back into Diana’s life for future films. Can we start a petition of some kind? I think all of the real Wonder Woman fans out there want the goddesses back! This was the only major thing that disappointed me terribly about the movie. I mean, I don’t want to appear ungrateful. We got ourselves an unbelievable Wonder Woman movie directed by a woman, that is so good, it’s broken many box office records world-wide, it’s opened up opportunities for other superheroines to finally emerge, and it’s literally Oscar-worthy (shock!!). A far cry from the TV show for sure! But since they’re going to be continuing her story in film now, I really want to beg them to bring her goddesses back. Without them, she’s like Thor without Asgard.

In the end, I assume the movie team just wanted to get rid of the gods, because otherwise it would always lead to the question "why didn't the gods fight Darkseid" etc.; and the existence of gods might also step on the toes of religious zealots.

Step on some freakin’ toes!!!!

2) I agree that WW is pretty violent in Marston's version, also. I remember a scene where the bad guys try to escape in an airplane, and WW picks up a car and throws it at the starting plane, creating a huge explosion. I guess nobody walks away from that...

Yep! It happened all the time in her Golden Age comics. She can be an agent of peace while still killing the bad guys, I guess, because she comes from a race of warriors, not tree-huggers. She was trained to be battle-ready. It’s a moral dilemma most superheroes face at one point or another. We live in an extremely violent world, and if you’re going to protect those who can’t protect themselves, sometimes you probably have to kill to do it, or the baddies will come back and do their evil deeds again. Some baddies like Ludendorff and Ares can’t be rehabilitated and changed. They can be imprisoned forever, maybe, but they’re not going to be anything other than who they are, in my opinion.

My point is that a sword doesn't have much other use than maiming and killing, and that she kills a mostly defenseless man in cold blood. She has Ludendorff wrapped up in the lasso, and runs him through. And she didn't even make sure that she had Ares - she just wanted to believe that. That's on a par, or even worse, than Max Lord. (Not that Ludendorff wasn't a bad guy!) Later, when she really confronts Ares, she says "I believe in love" and then kills her (half-)brother.

She seemed to be convinced Ludendorff was Ares because of his inhuman strength and because he was behind the deaths of the villagers. Good point that she had him in her lasso and didn’t ask him, though. I think that’s a rookie mistake. She’s still young and very impulsive. Probably if it had been Hippolyta instead of Diana facing Ludendorff, she would have thought to use the lasso to get the truth. I do believe Diana is lacking in wisdom because she’s just so inexperienced. I like her to have flaws, though. It makes me feel more for her than if she knows how to do everything right all the time.

If you ask me how Diana _should_ have handled all that: The plot of the movie seems to be (loosely) derived from Perez' story "Gods and Mortals". This is WW's reboot after the Crisis, handling all the stuff with the origin of the amazons, Steve crashing on the island, Diana winning the tournament, etc. The story is set in the Cold War. Ares (out of boredom, it seems) decides to lauch the greatest possible war by provoking a full nuclear exchange between the US and the Soviet Union. He has henchmen on both sides, with the finger on the red button. WW confronts Ares and wraps him in the lasso. The lasso not only makes you speak the truth, it also makes you realize the truth - you can't lie to yourself. (A very powerful weapon IMHO.) Ares realizes that if he goes thru with his scheme, all humans will die. Nobody will be left to worship him, nobody will be left that he can manipulate. He will have doomed himself to an eternity of boredom. Ares drops his scheme and releases his henchmen. That's how you do it without killing.

Yes, true. But from a film making standpoint, it would be a highly anti-climatic ending. Probably very unsatisfying to general audiences. People want action and destruction. That’s where the big Hollywood bucks come from. LOL! One of my undergrad degrees was in script writing and I think as a film maker, I would have made the same choice – go ahead and let Diana kill Ares (speaking of which, we don’t KNOW that he’s dead – there’s just a hole in the ground where he used to be). This was her moment to come into her full power, though, symbolically. Ultimately, I think you’re right, though. It would have been better for her message of love, to use the lasso instead, I just don’t think it would have worked for the film to do that.

In Perez' version (and Rucka's Rebirth), she can fly, but does not speak the language, and has a lot to learn about Man's World. She has Prof. Julia Kapatelis or Dr. Barbara Minerva for that. Still, she has powers and can go where she wants. (BTW, I really like Rucka's idea that the lasso allows people with different languages to communicate, while they touch it. That's great.)

I like that a lot too! It’s a great idea!

In the movie, she can not fly, and she does not have the invisible plane (or any at all...) So she needs to tag along with Steve and his friends. I disagree with TrueWWFan here: she absolutely needs their support. Without Steve, she would never get to the front, and she would not find the bad guys in time. Her power set is not balanced. This makes her dependent. She is unstoppable in battle, but she can't get to where the action is without outside help. I hope this gets better in the sequel. As a goddess, she should be able to fly or to teleport.

[B]Okay, I didn’t mean that she didn’t need Steve’s help at all. I meant that she didn’t need him or his friends to save her in times of danger. She did the saving. She needed their guidance to get where she needed to go in the very male-dominated world of WWI. But you’ll notice that she never let Steve push her around, much as he tried. She did what she wanted to do, regardless of his plans or needs. Also, it humanizes her to make her need others. The less dependent she is on other people, the more audiences will feel removed from the character. It’s through her weaknesses and vulnerabilities that we can relate to her at all. She could go around saving the world by herself and instantly teleport (or fly) here and there, but then she wouldn’t have a reason to experience the strong emotions that shape her as a character and that make us love her so much. It’s hard to have a god-like character that people can actually relate to. Superman has often experienced the pitfalls of being unrelatable and inhuman. I’m so glad that didn’t happen to Diana in the movie.

To be continued in next post!

TrueWWFan

Hgzip:

In the movie, she speaks all languages. Of course, like in Marston's story, the movie does not want to spend time on Diana having to learn the language. But this creates another of those logic holes: how can the amazons speak modern languages if they have no contact to the outside world? If they have such contact, why don't they know about the war, and why are they so naive about Man's World? Is the language thing simply undefined magic? I hate undefined magic (that's one of the few points where I agree with Batman...)

In my mind, they have contact to the outside world. How else would Hippolyta come up with a name like 'Diana'? That's not a Greek name, that's actually the Latin version of the goddess Artemis. And the first thing that I checked in the movie (I said that I'm a nerd) - the mounted amazons have stirrups. Bronze age and Iron age riders didn't have stirrups. So they got that idea from Man's World?

Okay, cool! I’m so glad you brought this up, because I can think of a great way to solve this problem (Will you all please let me know if this idea has been mentioned before either by fans or in the comics that I missed?). What if the Amazons had an Oracle? The Oracle could be a woman who can commune with spirits (even with the gods themselves), and who can channel information from around the world. For thousands of years, this information had been written down by scribes and added to a huge library, maybe even a replica of Alexandria! The Oracle knows and has seen much more than she relays to the scribes, or maybe she does relay it all, but some of her works are kept in a secret library, not for the other Amazons to see or know about, hence the holes in their knowledge about the real world. Has this idea been done already and I missed it? I really want the Amazons to have an Oracle.

If we don’t go with that explanation, they could always say that some of the Amazons have left the island at times throughout history and have come back and shared their knowledge with the others. I think this idea has several problems with it though, which I won’t go into here.

I know I don’t like the idea of a magic mirror/window of some kind that allows them to spy on the real world because it would likely reveal too much information to them. Information that an Oracle could more easily keep secret.

Thank you so much for your insights, Hgzip! This is fun!

TrueWWFan

From RealWonderman:

I don't agree that there were any deep plot holes. I believe there were some things which were left ambiguous for a couple reasons...moving the story along, and leaving loose ends for the sequels.

Regarding the gods, the number of gods, etc, we really don't know (in the DCEU) if there were more than twelve gods, but aside from that, we REALLY don't know which parts of the story relayed to Diana by Hippolyta were literal, and which parts were "just a story." This goes for Diana's ambiguous parentage as well. (I still say Ares' statement does not indicate, necessarily that Diana's birth was by any means traditional..."Zeus left the child he had with the Queen of the Amazons as a weapon to use against me" doesn't really say anything more than what it says.) I like that Diana's creation was for the purpose of being a weapon, ONLY because it is 100% contradictory to what and who she becomes.

WOW! Such a great insight here! Thanks for that! I love that she has to live with this contradiction!

(I also think the "weapon" part of the line is what got the reaction from Diana in that scene, not the "child he had with" part. We don't know if there are any other children of Zeus or demi gods in this universe (Aquaman could be the son of Poseidon though), but I believe "only a god can kill another god" includes Diana for the "can kill" part" but maybe not the "can only be killed by" part, because she is a demi god not a full god. But that's a bit ambiguous...I have a feeling it will come up later, in a significant way. And I agree...I don't think the gods are really dead.

YAY! Again, is there a petition we can all sign???

Regarding how time passes on Themyscira, I think when Etta states Steve had "been gone for weeks, without a word," we were being handed an Easter egg. They were only on Themyscira for one day, I believe, and even with travel time to get back to London from wherever Themyscira is located, this doesn't account for weeks. (Etta knew about Steve's original mission, so I would not count those days in "gone for weeks" either.)

Now THAT is interesting! Hmmmm… never thought of it that way. I figured he was just gone on his mission a long time before he landed on Themyscira.

Regarding the sword, Diana had that sword for a very specific reason...she believed it was the Godkiller. She didn't kill anyone with it besides Ludendorff. I would also argue that swords, shields, bows, etc are all acceptable, regardless of what was depicted in actual Mythology, as they've been shown to use all types of weapons, right? Artemis uses a battleaxe as her weapon of choice, so they didn't leave these out.

Again, agreed!

Regarding Diana's powers, she had no idea what her powers were when she left the island. No one did (thus Antiope's sacrifice.) She learned her powers along the way, ONLY by pushing her limits...and she got stronger all along the way, especially during the Ares confrontation (and unless she intended to jump into the Seine at the end of the movie, I believe she is flying to the fire to help.)

She does fly at the end of the movie too, so it looks like flight is a part of her thing now.

Regarding the guys, she wasn't dependent on them at all, but she learned a little lesson from each of them along the way. (And she didn't listen to Steve ONCE, BTW.) It seems like it was VERY important for all of this to happen, otherwise, she would have no reference point for her love of humanity. When she talks about "love" she's not only talking about Steve, obviously, she is talking about a love for mankind, and she wouldn't have this if it weren't for the Wizard of Oz gang.

LOL! My sentiments exactly! I wrote my response to this above before I read your response. Glad you agree!

Regarding the languages, if they were created to be a bridge to a greater understanding between all men, then it would make sense that they just "know" languages. They're magical/miraculous people, so not a problem that they can know and speak all languages...they do it by instinct, like involuntary muscles.

ORACLE! ORACLE! ORACLE! (too much? Sorry!) ��

Again, really enjoyed your post and insights! welcome to the discussion!!!

You’re awesome! Thank you!!!

(I hope there are no spelling and grammar errors from my editing...did this in a flash...I'm working. VERY HARD obviously haha.)

Get back to work you slacker! Hehe
    Last edited by TrueWWFan; 08-04-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueWWFan View Post
    From RealWonderman:

I don't agree that there were any deep plot holes. I believe there were some things which were left ambiguous for a couple reasons...moving the story along, and leaving loose ends for the sequels.

Regarding the gods, the number of gods, etc, we really don't know (in the DCEU) if there were more than twelve gods, but aside from that, we REALLY don't know which parts of the story relayed to Diana by Hippolyta were literal, and which parts were "just a story." This goes for Diana's ambiguous parentage as well. (I still say Ares' statement does not indicate, necessarily that Diana's birth was by any means traditional..."Zeus left the child he had with the Queen of the Amazons as a weapon to use against me" doesn't really say anything more than what it says.) I like that Diana's creation was for the purpose of being a weapon, ONLY because it is 100% contradictory to what and who she becomes.

WOW! Such a great insight here! Thanks for that! I love that she has to live with this contradiction!

(I also think the "weapon" part of the line is what got the reaction from Diana in that scene, not the "child he had with" part. We don't know if there are any other children of Zeus or demi gods in this universe (Aquaman could be the son of Poseidon though), but I believe "only a god can kill another god" includes Diana for the "can kill" part" but maybe not the "can only be killed by" part, because she is a demi god not a full god. But that's a bit ambiguous...I have a feeling it will come up later, in a significant way. And I agree...I don't think the gods are really dead.

YAY! Again, is there a petition we can all sign???

Regarding how time passes on Themyscira, I think when Etta states Steve had "been gone for weeks, without a word," we were being handed an Easter egg. They were only on Themyscira for one day, I believe, and even with travel time to get back to London from wherever Themyscira is located, this doesn't account for weeks. (Etta knew about Steve's original mission, so I would not count those days in "gone for weeks" either.)

Now THAT is interesting! Hmmmm… never thought of it that way. I figured he was just gone on his mission a long time before he landed on Themyscira.

Regarding the sword, Diana had that sword for a very specific reason...she believed it was the Godkiller. She didn't kill anyone with it besides Ludendorff. I would also argue that swords, shields, bows, etc are all acceptable, regardless of what was depicted in actual Mythology, as they've been shown to use all types of weapons, right? Artemis uses a battleaxe as her weapon of choice, so they didn't leave these out.

Again, agreed!

Regarding Diana's powers, she had no idea what her powers were when she left the island. No one did (thus Antiope's sacrifice.) She learned her powers along the way, ONLY by pushing her limits...and she got stronger all along the way, especially during the Ares confrontation (and unless she intended to jump into the Seine at the end of the movie, I believe she is flying to the fire to help.)

She does fly at the end of the movie too, so it looks like flight is a part of her thing now.

Regarding the guys, she wasn't dependent on them at all, but she learned a little lesson from each of them along the way. (And she didn't listen to Steve ONCE, BTW.) It seems like it was VERY important for all of this to happen, otherwise, she would have no reference point for her love of humanity. When she talks about "love" she's not only talking about Steve, obviously, she is talking about a love for mankind, and she wouldn't have this if it weren't for the Wizard of Oz gang.

LOL! My sentiments exactly! I wrote my response to this above before I read your response. Glad you agree!

Regarding the languages, if they were created to be a bridge to a greater understanding between all men, then it would make sense that they just "know" languages. They're magical/miraculous people, so not a problem that they can know and speak all languages...they do it by instinct, like involuntary muscles.

ORACLE! ORACLE! ORACLE! (too much? Sorry!) ��

Again, really enjoyed your post and insights! welcome to the discussion!!!

You’re awesome! Thank you!!!

(I hope there are no spelling and grammar errors from my editing...did this in a flash...I'm working. VERY HARD obviously haha.)

Get back to work you slacker! Hehe
    I REALLY like the Oracle idea too. I mean honestly, if they have lived there for thousands of years they would have already read all of the books, learned all of the moves etc. I imagine they have their own authors creating as well, though. And I didn't even think about some of the "technology" re: stirrups, weapons, etc. so there has to have been something...though if mankindvcreated these things out of necessity it's likely the Amazons did as well, and better. I'm gonna go again tomorrow with a little different insight. The big 31!! Haha

Short on time, so I hope that this post makes sense with my hasty editing.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 08-04-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

TrueWWFan

Yay! Thank you so much for liking my idea! Yeah, you're right, there would be many other writers besides the Oracle as well. Now, how can we get the idea to the writers of the next film?

You saw WW 31 times? Or are you referring to something else? If you saw it 31 times, damn, you're amazing! I'm seeing it for the 10th time tomorrow. :-) I haven't seen a movie more than twice since Return of the Jedi hit theaters in 1983 and I was in high school then! Sheesh! :-) I'm going to cry when it leaves theaters, even though I know I'll be buying the DVD right away.
    Last edited by TrueWWFan; 08-04-2017 at 09:05 PM.

TrueWWFan

Just out of curiosity, are there any women posting on this forum besides me?

Also, is there a thread where people discussed the lesbian wedding that Diana officiated and Clark commented on?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Astonishing Member

Just out of curiosity, are there any women posting on this forum besides me?

Also, is there a thread where people discussed the lesbian wedding that Diana officiated and Clark commented on?

Thanks for your help everyone!
    With a bit of searching, I think this thread may be what you are looking for:
    http://community.comicbookresources....on-Comics-quot

And, yes, there are other women here.

Edit - since that other thread is a bit old, I thought you might be interested in this one: "What if WW came out"
    http://community.comicbookresources....Woman-Came-Out
    Last edited by Awonder; 08-04-2017 at 09:29 PM.

TrueWWFan

Perfect! Thank you so much! I needed to have myself a little rant about that scene. I feel better now. :-)

Yay! Thank you so much for liking my idea! Yeah, you're right, there would be many other writers besides the Oracle as well. Now, how can we get the idea to the writers of the next film?

You saw WW 31 times? Or are you referring to something else? If you saw it 31 times, damn, you're amazing! I'm seeing it for the 10th time tomorrow. :-) I haven't seen a movie more than twice since Return of the Jedi hit theaters in 1983 and I was in high school then! Sheesh! :-) I'm going to cry when it leaves theaters, even though I know I'll be buying the DVD right away.
    I did! I purchased a promotional Ultimate Ticket...it cost 100.00...it's a metal credit card with the =W= logo etched in, so I can go once daily for free as long as it's in theaters. (Any time I was about to put something on TV, I'd think 'Hm, what do I want to watch?' and the answer was always 'Wonder Woman,' so I went...every time. haha And I was probably due. Before this, I think the only movies I've seen in theaters over the last 20 years were Scream, Star Wars I-III, The Muppets, Man of Steel, Muppets Most Wanted (several times) Wizard of Oz in 3D, Batman v Superman (maybe 10 times I think) Star Wars Episode VII and Rogue One (both three times I think.)

TrueWWFan

I've never heard of a promotional Ultimate Ticket, but I would have bought one myself if I had known they existed! My favorite thing to do is read some fan fiction based on the film, something good that wasn't covered in the movie, and then watch the movie and imagine all this other stuff going on behind the scenes. Just curious, is that a picture of you in your avatar? Also, have you seen WW that many times alone or do you usually go with friends? Lastly, did you see B vs S that many times just to relish the WW scenes or did you like the whole movie? It would be good for me to know so I don't say anything bad about the film that might offend. :-)

Oh, one more thing... how long have you been a WW fanatic?
    Last edited by TrueWWFan; 08-05-2017 at 08:18 AM.

I've never heard of a promotional Ultimate Ticket, but I would have bought one myself if I had known they existed! My favorite thing to do is read some fan fiction based on the film, something good that wasn't covered in the movie, and then watch the movie and imagine all this other stuff going on behind the scenes. Just curious, is that a picture of you in your avatar? Also, have you seen WW that many times alone or do you usually go with friends? Lastly, did you see B vs S that many times just to relish the WW scenes or did you like the whole movie? It would be good for me to know so I don't say anything bad about the film that might offend. :-)

Oh, one more thing... how long have you been a WW fanatic?
    Yes! I read these threads, and watch for new things each time. The best was watching it after reading the novelization.

Yes, that's one of my many Wonderman looks over the years...the first one was when I was three years old. That's the most recent, and I'm not sure how he'll look this year yet!

I first went to a preview screening, alone, then to the premier with a friend, then I took my parents and niece, then with friends again on 5 occasions. I saw it with my BF in Germany, twice...once in English, once in German...but most of the time I go alone...which is great. I try to sit in the back, so I can see the audience reactions.

BvS...I went that many times for the Wonder Woman parts. But I liked the movie A LOT...until I saw the Ultimate Cut, then I was SUPER pissed at the theatrical cut. I play BvS Ultimate Cut all the time at home, in the background or whatever (I've deleted the theatrical cut from my digital library...strong feelings against that one), and I watch it and MoS probably on average once a week (I do that with movies and TV Shows...Star Wars, BvS, Bob's Burgers, Borgia, Battlestar Galactica, and anything Muppets....I also read the same books over and over...Wicked, Son of a Witch, Valley of the Dolls...so if anyone wants to figure out the psychology behind that, I'll wait. haha) I know many people hate BvS, but I'm not one of them. The UC of BvS is in my top 5 favorite movies. Once Wonder Woman comes out on the 29th, I imagine it will play on a loop 24/7, with occasional interruptions by something Princess Leia, Miss Piggy and many MoS and BvS, watched in order, or WW, MoS, BvS...I'll try both.

Oh, and 27 of the times I watched it in 3D, twice 3D IMAX.

And according to my family, Wonder Woman is the first thing anyone remembers about me, and she's the first thing I remember.

IMG_0058.jpg

4547686B-5D6D-4FBB-BB89-212BBF9B9B57.jpg

Not to stray too far off topic, but what did you think of BvS? Have you seen the UC?

"You're...a Woman!" (Paraphrase) So I'm also curious, how long have you been a fan, and was there anything in the Wonder Woman movie that felt 'UGH' to you..from a female perspective? All of the women I've seen it with LOVED it and saw it a few times. All of them. But they're not Wonder Woman fans like us, so curious about your POV. I have one friend who is lesbian who was super pissed about the subplot romance with Steve Trevor. I really have a hard time understanding her point of view on that. She also is convinced that the studio at some point the studio execs decided that Gal Gadot was not allowed to gain any more muscle. And she really won't allow any arguments to her point of view. Even though it's incorrect. Ha
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 08-05-2017 at 09:28 AM.

TrueWWFan

Thank you so much for all the background info and pics! Wow! You're really a true fan!

I'm sorry to say I'm one of the BvS haters out there, but not for any reasons having to do with WW. I thought she was the only ray of light in that film. But I must admit I never saw the uncut version. I'll have to check that out. Is there any additional WW footage in it? That would definitely motivate me to get the film!! I won't go into the reasons why I hated the movie, because you've heard them all before. But I do respect YOUR right to like the film. LOL! I can't say I've read any of the books that you're a fan of, and I've only seen a few of your favorite movies and enjoyed them.

As a woman, being a WW fan growing up was LONELY! I started when a teacher handed me a WW comic book when I was 9 years old. It had all the goddesses in it, and I liked Greek Mythology, so it immediately appealed to me. I spent the next 44 years collecting every issue I could get my hands on (plus all the t-shirts, cups, toys, etc), but I didn't have any friends who liked comic books, so I couldn't share my passion with anyone else. I didn't really hang out with guy friends, and they were the only ones who seemed to like comics.

As for the movie, oh man! There are no words. Before the movie came out, I was so tense. They were going to screw her all up, I just knew it! In my mind, no one loved her the way I did. No one understood her complex personality and the source of the divine feminine that she represented. I had a fit when I first saw Gal Gadot at Comic Con 2015. THIS little twig of a woman was going to play the greatest heroine EVER? No way! What is she, a size 2? Where’s the muscles? And her accent? No, I don’t think so! I decided to see Wonder Woman anyway, because of course I HAD to, and because she looked pretty good in BvS. Not awe-inspiring, but not embarrassing either. I loved her new costume, so there was hope! And the previews for Wonder Woman did look amazing. According to articles I read before the movie came out, Gal had trained very hard and had put on 17 pounds of pure muscle for the role. She was at least taking it seriously, and Patty Jenkins seemed like an awesome director, but was it all just trick to get me into the theater only to dash my hopes all to hell?

When Wonder Woman finally arrived in theaters, I was so scared, I nearly didn’t make it out of the car. I had to close my eyes and just breathe. You don’t wait for something for almost your entire life, 44 years, only to be horribly disappointed by it. If the movie makers hurt her or made a mockery of her, I would never get over it. It had been hard enough to watch the Wonder Woman tv show in the 70’s and not feel a little bit hurt by this comical interpretation of Diana. I watched it every week anyway, and hung on to any good parts I could find, but she wasn’t exactly the woman I knew and loved from the comics. Now, here was her chance. Diana’s first real opportunity to rule the big screen. Could Gal Gadot pull it off?

Well, from the first moment the Amazons arrived on the screen, I was blown away. There they were, even better than I had imagined them, training, their skills amazing, their costumes perfect. It was a good thing I was in a reclining seat, because I had to pull my legs up to my chest to deal with the powerful emotions that were already swelling in me. Tears filled my eyes and I hung onto every moment of that scene, it was so beautiful. Then Diana as a child was there and she was so perfect and adorable, just how I had imagined her. I didn’t like the story of the gods that her mother read to her, and for a moment I got a bit upset. What do you mean all of the gods were killed by Ares? This can’t be true! But as soon as the full-grown Diana arrived on the screen, I was able to let this little pang of disappointment go. She was glorious! Easily the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and her moves were impressive.

As the movie progressed, I fell madly in love with everything about her. Her kindness, her naïve nature, her strength and resilience, her beautiful soul that believes love will save the world, even her accent turned out to be amazing. I couldn’t get enough of listening to her gorgeous voice. And any time she smiled that incredible smile, my heart melted. Her romantic scenes with Steve were beautifully downplayed and not corny at all, and her love for him never for a moment weakened who she was. I hated that I didn’t get to see what happened in the hotel room with them that night (so I went home and immediately wrote it as fan fiction of course!!).

When she rose and entered No Man’s Land, I bawled my eyes out (as did my wife and the other women who were with us who weren’t WW fans at all), and then I cried again so many times after that because her emotions were so beautifully portrayed and believable and human. When Steve died, it just about killed me, and when she touched the picture of him at the end, I was overcome with emotion again. I couldn’t get up from my seat at the end of the movie. And I was completely silent for the longest time afterwards. Everyone was waiting with baited breath to see how I liked it. All I could finally choke out was “I’m in trouble” meaning oh no, this went beyond my wildest dreams of where I thought a WW movie could go. I’m going to become obsessed now! And here I am, 10 showings later, posting to you guys. I haven’t been involved in fandom of any kind in about 25 years, so this is very exciting to me!

So sorry for the LOOOOONG post! It was probably way more than what you wanted to know! LOL! To answer your question, I kind of liked the movie a little bit. �� Thanks for asking!