Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1789

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I think what you are referring to is that Lynda did a couple of nude scenes in her first movie, 'Bobbi Jo and the Outlaw' which she made before she started the Wonder Woman TV series. Since she skyrocketed to fame with the TV series, the Bobbi Jo movie capitalized on this by saying they had Wonder Woman nude. So the scenes that Hustler or other magazines had were only stills from the movie. As far as I know, she has never had a nude pictorial or shoot for any magazine.
    That's what I thought...whew. Did you see this TrueWWFan? Are we all talking about the same thing?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    OH. MY. I did not know that about Lynda! I just knew that we both got sober at roughly the same time (11 years ago?) But I'll just file that info in the shredder of my mind! (Side note: she did a TV movie called Hot Line that scared me for years! And at the time I could not understand why she didn't turn into Wonder Woman! And the bad guy CUT HER HAIR!) She's amazing now, and one of my favorite people!! She was actually already in Supergirl!! Last season...Welcome to Earth and Distant Sun! And she's coming back!
    BTW, on your list of powerful women you left off Miss Piggy!!

Gal Gadot. I swear. She really is Wonder Woman. She amazes me
    (I tried several times to delete this giant picture, but I can't...it no longer shows as an attachment, but it's still there...sorry!!!!)

TrueWWFan

Okay, I want to believe that they were pictures from another film she did before WW, or that they were other pics published against her will by the magazine, as RealWonderman suggests. I wish I had been able to purchase the magazine so I could look back over it now and see what the real deal was. But I was 13, and even if I had been allowed, I felt at the time that it would be wrong to give my own money to such a thing. Now I wish I had it for evidence! Just to look at it differently and put my own mind at ease. All I remember is that they weren't classy pictures like in Playboy. They were graphic pics of her having sex with her then-husband, and some were her posing nude in sexual positions for a camera. But one thing I do remember clearly is that she didn't have any parts of her costume on in the pics. She was in her costume on the cover of the magazine (with her cape spread out around her). So maybe the pics were bootlegged or from a movie (not the ones with her husband, though -but those could have been stolen maybe?). Anyway, that was just the beginning of a chain of events that turned me off to her as an actress. I was more mad about her bible-thumping (as if she had something to repent for) that started soon after that magazine came out. And then she became an alcoholic, and I just thought, WOW - now there's a great Wonder Woman role model for me to look up to!

I spent my whole young life hero-worshipping powerful women in the media, and now that I think about it, all of my favorites were pretty screwed up in real life...Lindsay Wagner was married like 5 or 6 times, Carrie Fisher (Goddess rest her beautiful soul) was a life-long drug addict, Lynda Carter - see above, and Marina Sirtis from Star Trek: TNG struggled with bulimia. I just pray our beautiful Gal can keep her head on straight. She carries a heavy weight on her shoulders - all these girls and women, boys and men around the world who look up to the person she portrays, and who need her as a real human to be worthy of this mantle.

TrueWWFan

RealWonderman, I so loved all of your pictures! Thank you for posting those!! I'm envious of your office! Damn, I want those Amazon action figures. I'm going to order them online! I'll have to take some photos of my office now, if I can figure out how to post such a thing. Do you have a WW t-shirt collection? If so, could you please take a picture of that as well so I can see if we have any of the same ones? :-)

Yes, you're right, I forgot Miss Piggy! LOL! LOVE THAT PICTURE!

TrueWWFan

[QUOTE=Awonder;2999729]I really enjoy reading your thoughts, TrueWWFan.

I do worry about a sequel. It's great that the first movie is doing so well, but, it set a pretty high bar. Won't be easy following up on it. But, then, I worried a lot about this movie move, too, and, for the most part, they exceeded all my expectations.

Thank you so much! I love reading yours too! I think we're all going to be a bit on edge with WWII, knowing that they probably won't be able to surpass WWI (this level of magic is hard to repeat), but let's pray it's at least a high quality film that keeps the good vibes going. With Patty at the helm, it probably will be! Is anyone else here following her on Twitter? If so, you should join me in begging her to come back through tweets. I don't know if she's the source of the hold-up or if it's the studio. Whatever it is, I hope they resolve it quickly!!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueWWFan View Post
    Okay, I want to believe that they were pictures from another film she did before WW, or that they were other pics published against her will by the magazine, as RealWonderman suggests. I wish I had been able to purchase the magazine so I could look back over it now and see what the real deal was. But I was 13, and even if I had been allowed, I felt at the time that it would be wrong to give my own money to such a thing. Now I wish I had it for evidence! Just to look at it differently and put my own mind at ease. All I remember is that they weren't classy pictures like in Playboy. They were graphic pics of her having sex with her then-husband, and some were her posing nude in sexual positions for a camera. But one thing I do remember clearly is that she didn't have any parts of her costume on in the pics. She was in her costume on the cover of the magazine (with her cape spread out around her). So maybe the pics were bootlegged or from a movie (not the ones with her husband, though -but those could have been stolen maybe?). Anyway, that was just the beginning of a chain of events that turned me off to her as an actress. I was more mad about her bible-thumping (as if she had something to repent for) that started soon after that magazine came out. And then she became an alcoholic, and I just thought, WOW - now there's a great Wonder Woman role model for me to look up to!

I spent my whole young life hero-worshipping powerful women in the media, and now that I think about it, all of my favorites were pretty screwed up in real life...Lindsay Wagner was married like 5 or 6 times, Carrie Fisher (Goddess rest her beautiful soul) was a life-long drug addict, Lynda Carter - see above, and Marina Sirtis from Star Trek: TNG struggled with bulimia. I just pray our beautiful Gal can keep her head on straight. She carries a heavy weight on her shoulders - all these girls and women, boys and men around the world who look up to the person she portrays, and who need her as a real human to be worthy of this mantle.
    I honestly don't know where you are getting your info from. Maybe your memory is a little faulty because the only thing that has ever been published with Lynda nude is the stills from the movie. You can still buy the movie if you want to.

I have never seen published photos of her and her first husband posing nude for any magazines. If you have, try and remember, google for it, or see if you can buy that particular magazine on ebay to see if you are correct, but I personally think your memory is playing tricks on you.

I do remember a magazine called High Society that had her in costume on the front cover and the nudity inside was simply stills of her from the movie.

See this link to see if this clears up your memory : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-SOCIETY...8AAOSwIclZh8LL

[QUOTE=TrueWWFan;3000263]
    Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I really enjoy reading your thoughts, TrueWWFan.

I do worry about a sequel. It's great that the first movie is doing so well, but, it set a pretty high bar. Won't be easy following up on it. But, then, I worried a lot about this movie move, too, and, for the most part, they exceeded all my expectations.

Thank you so much! I love reading yours too! I think we're all going to be a bit on edge with WWII, knowing that they probably won't be able to surpass WWI (this level of magic is hard to repeat), but let's pray it's at least a high quality film that keeps the good vibes going. With Patty at the helm, it probably will be! Is anyone else here following her on Twitter? If so, you should join me in begging her to come back through tweets. I don't know if she's the source of the hold-up or if it's the studio. Whatever it is, I hope they resolve it quickly!!

I beg her on twitter often!! I'm @RealWonderman...but be warned...I'm vocal about my opinions regarding our current 'administration' Haha

And yes LOTS of T Shirts!!

TrueWWFan

I honestly don't know where you are getting your info from. Maybe your memory is a little faulty because the only thing that has ever been published with Lynda nude is the stills from the movie. You can still buy the movie if you want to.

I have never seen published photos of her and her first husband posing nude for any magazines. If you have, try and remember, google for it, or see if you can buy that particular magazine on ebay to see if you are correct, but I personally think your memory is playing tricks on you.

I do remember a magazine called High Society that had her in costume on the front cover and the nudity inside was simply stills of her from the movie.

See this link to see if this clears up your memory : http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-SOCIETY...8AAOSwIclZh8LL
    Thank you for helping me to piece together my memory. I admit it was a very long time ago, and I haven't seen the magazine since then. If this is the magazine, do you know where I can view any of the pictures inside? She was with a man in some of them, and the man looked a lot like her husband at the time. Maybe they were the movie stills. I don't know. For some reason, I remember specifically a "Wonder Woman Takes it Off" title, but I could be wrong about that too. Thanks again!

Extraordinary Member

$400 thousand by the end of the week
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Just got back from the theater AGAIN, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it was a mostly sold-out show!! It's been in theaters over two months now, and still selling out in Colorado! WOW!
    I'm surprised. In Germany, WW is no longer showing.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Thank you for helping me to piece together my memory. I admit it was a very long time ago, and I haven't seen the magazine since then. If this is the magazine, do you know where I can view any of the pictures inside? She was with a man in some of them, and the man looked a lot like her husband at the time. Maybe they were the movie stills. I don't know. For some reason, I remember specifically a "Wonder Woman Takes it Off" title, but I could be wrong about that too. Thanks again!
    It was simply stills from the movie. The actor's name is Marjoe Gortner (sp). And the 'Wonder Woman takes it off' is just the magazine trying to sell more issues with a deceptive title, much like the clickbait and sensational headlines you see today.

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    I'm surprised. In Germany, WW is no longer showing.
    Hm. I saw it a couple times in Berlin...once in English, once in German. Full theaters both times, but that was a few weeks ago...it's still showing in Berlin for sure, at Potsdamer Platz, at the CineStar in 3D IMAX.

It was simply stills from the movie. The actor's name is Marjoe Gortner (sp). And the 'Wonder Woman takes it off' is just the magazine trying to sell more issues with a deceptive title, much like the clickbait and sensational headlines you see today.
    Thank you for helping out!

TrueWWFan, I hope this gives you some peace, even if it's a little late in the day.

TrueWWFan

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Thank you for helping out!

TrueWWFan, I hope this gives you some peace, even if it's a little late in the day.
    Yeah, I'm good, thanks. Sorry that caused so much controversy! I'm way behind in Supergirl, just got to the first few episodes of Season 2, so I didn't know Lynda Carter was in the show previously. I love that she's the president! I'm very cool with her now and I haven't fretted about the mag since I was a teen. I only brought it up to make a point about what an amazing person Gal is in real life compared to my old idols. :-) I just don't want anything to ever spoil her clean spirit. I hope she stays as far away from Hollywood as possible. Since she hasn't been on many magazine covers since the film, I think she must be staying home. Good choice!

TrueWWFan

Did everyone pick up a copy of this magazine? It's in stores now! It's wonderful!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEET-THE-JUS...QAAOSwdDBZfc8m