Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jean's Hair

It's not just Jean. Who else wears a bob haircut? Nadia Pym. For some reason, it's long in the Avengers comic, and that's not a case of growing it out after ANAD Avengers, considering how she looks in her solo Unstoppable Wasp book.

Face it, there are too many artists at Marvel that can't draw bob haircuts, that's why most ladies either have it longer or cropped short. Kamala Khan was actually conceptualised with a bob haircut as well (see here), but they ended up going with something a bit longer - which is inconsistently drawn, the length and whether she has bangs or not varying depending on the artist.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Jean needs to suffer with a bad haircut cause Rachel had to suffer for over 15 years of bad haircuts haha

But yeah the haircut is really awful

Fantastic Member

The current 'do looks better on some covers than others. I'm okay with it for now but I'm eager for it to go back to EXM or at least post-BotA length when the next Earth-shattering things-will-never-be-the-same team shakeup occurs.

Likely one of Jean's upcoming feats will be hair-related.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Jean needs to suffer with a bad haircut cause Rachel had to suffer for over 15 years of bad haircuts haha

But yeah the haircut is really awful
    A little generous there.

Someone should tell Jean on panel that they hate her hair. Who should it be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Someone should tell Jean on panel that they hate her hair. Who should it be?
    Adult Jean. Then she uses her tk to give her younger self flowing red locks again.

Who's writing that story

I think the bigger issue is how weirdly young she often looks in X-Men Blue, especially in comparison to characters like Hank and Scott. They look like they might be somewhere between 18-20, while in some panels Jeen looks like she's about 14 :S

BANNED

Who's writing that story
    You mean when adult Jean and teen Jean will meet in Generations? It's supposed to be Dennis Hopeless originally, but I believe Cullen Bunn has taken those duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    You mean when adult Jean and teen Jean will meet in Generations? It's supposed to be Dennis Hopeless originally, but I believe Cullen Bunn has taken those duties.
    Thanks friend. I was going to tweet him but I think I've complained more than enough and Ima try to let it go.

BANNED

Thanks friend. I was going to tweet him but I think I've complained more than enough and Ima try to let it go.
    About the hair? Do it!!!

The book is great! If Jean's hair is the only thing we have to complain about, then we're in good shape. If I had a twitter, I would ask him tweet him if it's possible to make her hair longer? It can't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    So cute! I'm going to name them Rachel and Illyana. <3
    Awww so cute!
    I love how Jean cut her hair like Hannah Baker xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    About the hair? Do it!!!

The book is great! If Jean's hair is the only thing we have to complain about, then we're in good shape. If I had a twitter, I would ask him tweet him if it's possible to make her hair longer? It can't hurt!
    I did I politely asked him to speak with his artists about Jean's hair, and on another tweet added that the brilliance of Xmen Blue's writing is being overshadowed by Jean's haircut.

Now I feel bad because I hate being so critical over someone's art.

BANNED

I did I politely asked him to speak with his artists about Jean's hair, and on another tweet added that the brilliance of Xmen Blue's writing is being overshadowed by Jean's haircut.

Now I feel bad because I hate being so critical over someone's art.
    The art itself is fine, it's that hair which is a design non of the actual artists came up with.

Let us know if he responds!!