Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default CBR Cover Contest: One Wikipedia Paragraph Wonders! (May 10th to May 16th)

After mulling over a topic, I thought it might be fun to toss it back to the little guys and give the more obscure characters a chance to grace the Cover Contest pages. But I'm not talking about your B-listers like the Scorpion, or even C-listers like Kole. No, for this week's cover contest, we're dealing with...

One Wikipedia Paragraph Wonders!

Post covers featuring characters who have one paragraph or less devoted to them on Wikipedia (and/or other online encyclopedic sources)! A stub of an article, a sole mention on another character's page, or missing from the world wide encyclopedia entirely would qualify! Of course they can be side-by-side more prominent characters, should the situation call for it. For example, the replacement Alpha Flight featuring Sasquatch alongside a cobbled together crew of sadly forgotten Canuckleheads...

Rules of the Road:

Post One (& ONLY ONE) Cover that fits the theme of this Week's Contest!
    Cover must be from a Published Comic Book or Collected Volume!
    Covers must be Posted before Voting Begins!
    Voting Begins 12 AM Tuesday and Runs Until 12 AM Wednesday PST (3 AM EST)!
    Vote by Posting the name in BOLD of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most! A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to Count-The-Votes!
    The Winner of the Contest is the Entry with the MOST Votes after the Voting-Period!
    It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!

Plus:
    Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread and Thus will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!
    AFTER the Tie-Breaker Vote, Voting Ends and the Winner is Declared by The One Who Started the Thread (or assigned surrogate) and Thus will do the Counting!
    Last edited by SuperCooper; 05-12-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Quoth the raven, 'To clear some things up.'
    Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

I suppose you're all checking to see if either Leap-Frog or Frog-Man has more than a paragraph. They do, blast it! I actually have to work again this week!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

EDIT: (from Wikipedia)

Asa Ezaak was a noted author (based on legendary science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov) who could transform into a water-like being capable of controlling gravity after injecting himself with his created potion "Ezaakis." Kidnapping Ezaak-fan Jimmy Olsen because he erroneously thought he was being investigated by the reporter, Momentus died in battle with Superman.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I suppose you're all checking to see if either Leap-Frog or Frog-Man has more than a paragraph. They do, blast it! I actually have to work again this week!
    Yeah, those wikis can get pretty wordy even for Paste Pot Pete.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, those wikis can get pretty wordy even for Paste Pot Pete.
    Janice, the Beetle of my dreams, has a bit more than seven paragraphs!

This is hard, harder than I thought it would be.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I thought so, too, Tami, but I thought I remembered the title I picked above was very short when I checked it out a while back. Fortunately, I was right.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The main Wikipedia pages for Marvel and DC where they list characters alphabetically should hold some nuggets there, and they don't have to be solo on the cover. Hopefully I haven't made it too tricky
    Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

Atom One Million, ladies and gentlemen.

His paragraph:

Atom One Million
    An unnamed scientist in the 853rd Century performed experiments in superstring theory that creates a singularity and whose radiation alters his physical make-up. When the singularity threatened to expand and destroy his universe, he enters it in an attempt to save the universe but instead finds himself on an interdimensional bridge to another universe as his own is wiped out, unable to stop it. At the end of the bridge, he finds Superman Prime who came to help but was too late. Stranded, he searches this universe for remnants of the one he lost, in time taking the name the Atom and joining the Justice Legion Alpha when he helped them defeat the Bizarro-Legion. This Atom's powers differ from his predecessors in that he doesn't shrink but breaks up into several smaller duplicates of himself divided amongst his mass. At atomic size, these duplicates can mimic elements such as gold and oxygen.
    Last edited by Greg Hatcher; 05-10-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Better image. Because he's tiny.
    You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

Thongor, at least as a comic character.

Frome ComicVine
    Thongor is a warrior whom lived in the swords-and-sorcery-age. He was a skilled swordsman and extremely strong and agile. He is also a proficient thief, warrior and navigator and can operate a flying ship, a civilised skill equivalent to driving a car in the modern era. Thongor was created by Geroge Alex Effinger, Roy Thomas and Val Mayerik and first appeared in Creatures on the Loose issue 22 (1973). He was based on the character created by Lin Carter in books.
    and the Steranko art in B & W.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Iron Maiden will love this one.

Dr. Robert (von) Doom.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_...om_(Earth-616)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The secondary characters are singing a song
    While the stars are snacking off-stage
    It was their idea to bring us along
    And now we’re hijacking this page
    Of the script
    We’re equipped
    To steer the ship
    ‘Til this trippy skit ends
    And by the end of this song, we’ll be best friends

Are these vehicles cool? Do they count as cars? Wait, you're telling me that was last week? Holy Crap! Well then, Tomazooma is extremely lacking in online presence.

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 05-11-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Foxley did a super job wuth using the car as well, so I an adding a song out of envious appreciation

Dazzler Thor!

Dazzler Thor

A version of Dazzler appeared during the 2015 "Secret Wars" storyline as part of the Thor Corps, a paramilitary organization charged with policing Battleworld and enforcing the will of God Emperor Doom. Dazzler Thor later appears in the mainstream Earth-616 universe, after coming through a multi-dimensional portal and joins A-Force in their fight against the Countess, a dragon who came through the same portal. After Countess is defeated, Dazzler Thor succumbs to the effects that this universe's Terrigen Mists had on her system and vanishes.

portrait_incredible.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.