Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Im getting sick of deadpool all together

Im so sick of Deadpool as a character who most is created to make superheroes look bad with his meta humor and suspension of disbelief. Hes also everywhere to spread attention to annoying characters who acts like a memefor a sales pitch. Really has nothing new to add as a character, humor wise he keeps saying the expected satire comedy shows use and really feels out of place since he follows no comic basis, he's just a dirty deathstroke with spideys wit and wolvies powers.

I really don't want him to affect future superhero conventions, his stuff is distaste full, and he ruins the innocence of superhero escapism enough, comics are meant to be pure greek tales put with modern knights and there world is anout reflecting ideals we need to learn from and believe in, they also tell us to not take them seriously and place beliefs about them to fighting bad guy.

Deadpool is pure serial escalation trapped inside of a comicbook forcing rules of the real world and the fun of breaking them. The fact dp is allowed to work beyond hero setting and do whatever he wants, is unfufilling. I want comics to make me read fiction not parodies. Spider-Man cracks jokes and satires the marvel u but its fits in context without overlapping his concept, Wolverine regenerates and is generally are darker figure in the mu but it fits the context without overlapping his concept, deadpool overlap between being a character who breakout being all of Spider-Man comedy and wolverines dark, without the limited contextual expectations.

Name one original thing dp has done without it being a affectionate parody of something comics or pop culture does and you see the character is blank without overlapping his concepts of comics that stay in place without "breaking the forth wall" or obviously made to be a joke like squirrel girl and howard the duck.

It's gotten so extreme with his exposure, dp has more books than heroes like hulk, thor and wolverine now. Made a successful movie, overrated on the internet, appears in all marvel games now, now is getting a cartoon. All he does is generic punisher/deathstroke stuff with stolen powers and stolen witty banter. Oh and he talks to the audience but thats not even funny, ultimate spiderman was the first animated series where someone broke the forth wall as a marvel hero, and it was spidey ironically enough.

So yeah im getting tired of deadpool being a simpsons/south park altetnative to Marvel comicbook without none of it having any comicbook charm or straightforwardness, its like he knows more than anyone and nothing ever bad will happen to him since hes invincible and reads the stories of everyone in marvel to make his life a self insert fantasy of killing and being able to to discern from reality to live out his fantasies. Im done with the character insisting hes a only unique snowflake in a world he things he can get away with and say anything, hes obviously the hipster of comics that basically proves the 90s will never go away.

Anyway rant over.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 05-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Don't like him? Don't read him.

Otherwise... deal with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

But but but...the INTERNET!

what he said.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Might as well close the thread after this. Nothing else needs to be said

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I like him......(shrug). I like to also add the 90's rule .

i do agree he is in a ton of books, but i only read him uncanny avengers and actually really like him in that. he hasn't infected any of my normal reads and if he does, it's usually for an issue or two. i like seeing him pop up and interact with different characters from time to time

He is overexposed, but it will fade at some point. I think Deadpool works well as supporting character; but he isn't the best lead. I loved him in X-Force, Cable & Deadpool, and Uncanny X-Force; his first two mini series were great; but his on going series never interested me. His POV is such a parody its hard (for me) to figure out his long term perspective.
    His sequel is already bringing in Cable and leading to X-Force; which I believe supports that belief. Cable will likely be the story and Deadpool the observational witness making fun of the genre. His movie is really well done and because they are big budget they can't over expose the character (in terms of story market - but still product). He is great a comedic sidekick or reoccurring villain/associate. People love him and I don't blame Marvel for capitalizing on him; I don't have to buy his titles and will look forward to seeing him written well in team books or guest spots.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Pretty much this. We all have stuff we don't care for. Try as best you can to avoid it -if it's not something important, like a job.

I hate some characters too. But I just try to avoid reading or watching the stuff, or parts, that they're in.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-10-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Dude that was too fast. . .you just robbed us out of 30+ pages of nonsensical, off-topic arguments.

This is part of why I like how much the current Deadpool book focuses on Shiklah and Monster Metropolis. It gives you stuff that's not just random insanity to read.

BANNED

deadpool will likely fade soon. i have a feeling he will be upstaged by cable in deadpool 2.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This is part of why I like how much the current Deadpool book focuses on Shiklah and Monster Metropolis. It gives you stuff that's not just random insanity to read.
    Duggan and Joel Kelly both give stuff that isn't random insanity. It's only Daniel Way's Deadfool that was a random idiot with no character, and little story. Have to disagree, respectively, on Shiklah, though lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-10-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Deadpool isn't going anywhere, folks. Not anytime soon. If anything his star will get even brighter. Expect years of Deadpool movies, cartoons, comics, and merch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    I like him......(shrug). I like to also add the 90's rule .
    They kind of did, didn't they?