Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I don't hate the character, though he is super over-exposed.

But I really dislike the disproportionate amount of attention and love he gets in Uncanny Avengers compared to the rest of the cast. I mean it's so obvious that Duggan just adores the character heads and tails above everyone else. I mean, what was ever done with Janet? Even in the Pymtron arc she didn't have many lines, and felt very robotically "oh no" about the whole situation. Same with Quicksilver. We had a few weird pages with Synapse about her uncle or whoever, but that was it and it felt really out-of-place. Same with Voodoo and his brother. Why the heck was Johnny even there? I'd sometimes forget he was even on the team. Rogue got some focus, even besides being shipped with Deadpool. Honestly, the only thing that the characters consistently all did was praise Deadpool and admit they were wrong to dislike/distrust him.

I understand that Deadpool is an absurdly popular character and he's going to be pushed since he's the writer's favorite character...but it felt like it was to the detriment of the other characters which did not sit right with me. So yeah, I can see how people would become sick of him.

Deadpool's over exposure ebbs and flows.

At the moment, at least until any new books are announced, he's very self contained. It looks like he's leaving Uncanny Avengers, and Mercs for Money ended, so in terms of ongoings it's just his main book and Deadpool/Spidey.

There are the multiple minis of course but those don't really affect anything but themselves, so they're easy to avoid. He's in Secret Empire, but just about everyone is in Secret Empire so it's hard to fault him.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think Deadpool is kind of the Golden Goose from the point of view of X-Men/mutant fans. He is kind of the most popular character in "our universe" even though he is only tangentially even connected to it. Fox owning his right is pretty much one of the main reasons we can keep having X-related movies and shows even being produced at all. So whether or not I personally enjoy the character (he is great in SMALL doses for me) it doesn't matter because I realize how important the character is for everything else I *do* actually care about.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Every character who gets overexposed will tire out...

I loved Wolverine, bought everything with him in the 80´s and ninties...and now i can barley read anything with him anymore...still ove the old stuff of him before he burned down to only his skeleton and came back.

Same with Deadpool. But my love for vol. 1 or the movie is definitley still there...

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm also not a big fan of Deadpool, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy things with him in it. It just means I can only do so much before I get burned out.

The movie was really good and Remender's Uncanny X-Force was good (though that seemed like it was the most un-Wade Wade ever written), but I've tried to avoid the character in most other instances. Writers, especially in team books, just become so enamored with him that he ends up taking up all the screen time, leaving every other character underserved: read Messiah War (and Uncanny Avengers, if CryNotWolf is right) if you don't believe it.

I get it. He's popular, so that means he's going to be everywhere. I just avoid stuff with him in it, whenever possible...though I will admit to getting the recent arc of his solo that featured Sabretooth because, d'uh, Sabretooth.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Okay, he didn't have THAT much panel time in Messiah War.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Okay, he didn't have THAT much panel time in Messiah War.
    Well, I'll admit it has been a while since I've read it, but, for whatever reason, I distinctly remember coming away from my initial read thinking that there was too much Deadpool.

Weird.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."