View Poll Results: What do you think the Rotten Tomatoes score for Spider-Man: Homecoming Will Be?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90% or Higher- Critically Acclaimed

4 16.67%
  • 80-89%: Well-received

11 45.83%
  • 70-79%: Decent but flawed

8 33.33%
  • 60-69%: Still considered fresh, but not that great.

4 16.67%
  • 50-59%: Technically rotten, but will have some fans.

3 12.50%
  • 30-49%: Pretty bad, but there may be some pieces in favor of it.

1 4.17%
  • 11-29%: Just bad.

0 0%
  • 0-10%: Very people will be willing to sign their name to a positive comment

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I don't know why you chose this one for context, but it made me lol!

Taking 60-70%, with the main criticism being along the lines of "been there, done that." And I am thinking it will be a commercial success, just not on the order of the Avengers.
    Mean Girls was a well-regarded high school drama. That was the main reason I picked it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    fair enough, i know plenty of people who thought that too. i'm just using it as an example of a quirky teen/young love movie (i know they weren't teens per se) that was generally favourably reviewed
    did you like it?

500 Days of Summer is an excellent movie. Great deconstruction of men's perceptions and expectations of women as partners, including the coveted Manic Pixie Dream Girl fantasy.

I also liked the directorial flairs Webb added to the film. I can see why he was picked for the Amazing Spider-Man franchise. Too bad Sony didn't give him the creative freedom he deserved.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    500 Days of Summer is an excellent movie. Great deconstruction of men's perceptions and expectations of women as partners, including the coveted Manic Pixie Dream Girl fantasy.

I also liked the directorial flairs Webb added to the film. I can see why he was picked for the Amazing Spider-Man franchise. Too bad Sony didn't give him the creative freedom he deserved.
    Totally agree.

I haven't really considered all the squandered potential in a while. I forgot how excited I was when he was chosen, due to my love of "500 Days of Summer". He would have done something special if he was given more freedom.

I feel like most Marvel films lack depth and Spider-Man seems to be aimed at even a younger audience than most Marvel films. So, I am guessing it will lack depth. A mash up of action scenes and bad jokes. I rated 70-80. C range movie.

42 critics have sent in their reviews including Peter Travers of Rolling Stone, David Ehrlich of Indiewire, and Leah Greenblat of Entertainment Weekly.

It is currently at 90%, with 33 positive reviews and two negative (including from Forbes and Hollywood Reporter.)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spider_man_homecoming
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets