Default How does Marvel decide which runs to publish in collections?

Big of JM DeMatteis' run on Spectacular Spider-Man to the point of getting it custom bound. same with Ann Nocenti. And looking for Tom DeFalco's Amazing run.

My question - how does Marvel decide what stories to bind? To whom at Marvel may we reach out. As a fan, do we have any input?

I've reached out to Axel and Tom Brevoort via Twitter, wrote emails to Marvel.com, and wrote a letter to Tom Brevoort. B.jpg A.jpg C.jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Spectacular Member

Ann Nocenti's run on Daredevil is currently being released as part of the Epic Collections line. The first volume (A Touch of Typhoid) was released last year, a second later this year (Heart of Darkness). They're not hardcovers, let alone omnibuses, but they're good quality books.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Big of JM DeMatteis' run on Spectacular Spider-Man to the point of getting it custom bound. same with Ann Nocenti. And looking for Tom DeFalco's Amazing run.

My question - how does Marvel decide what stories to bind? To whom at Marvel may we reach out. As a fan, do we have any input?

I've reached out to Axel and Tom Brevoort via Twitter, wrote emails to Marvel.com, and wrote a letter to Tom Brevoort. B.jpg A.jpg C.jpg
    Some of us have tried Brevoort and Alonso in the past but they've either ignored us or in the case of the former have replied saying for example that there's no real chance of an Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 Omnibus which of course is being released tomorrow. These 2 guys are definitely not the go to persons regarding collected editions.

Try Cory Seidlmeier and Jeph York who both work for Marvel's collected editions and frequent the Marvel Masterworks Forum.

At the end of the day no one really knows what Marvel will release.

Btw, very nice binds.