Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default Supergirl #11 Spoilers and Discussion

So what did everybody else think? Kara and Babs teaming up is always a good time, and Orlando wrote Barbara really well. Awful Burnside costume aside, this Batgirl gave me serious TNBA vibes and that was delightful.

The appearance of Magog as a recruit for the Empress's Fatal Five was a genuine surprise. I was expecting more old school Supergirl villains being brought back from obscurity, but that could still happen as we have three slots left to fill. Fingers crossed for Nasty and Satan Girl at least.

I've heard the Phantom King was a Greg Pak thing. Was it always an alias of Xa-Du? And were those two ladies with him new characters, or obscure characters from Pre-Crisis?

Ching's artwork is ok, but I wish Lapacchino was doing interiors.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So what did everybody else think? Kara and Babs teaming up is always a good time, and Orlando wrote Barbara really well. Awful Burnside costume aside, this Batgirl gave me serious TNBA vibes and that was delightful.

The appearance of Magog as a recruit for the Empress's Fatal Five was a genuine surprise. I was expecting more old school Supergirl villains being brought back from obscurity, but that could still happen as we have three slots left to fill. Fingers crossed for Nasty and Satan Girl at least.

I've heard the Phantom King was a Greg Pak thing. Was it always an alias of Xa-Du? And were those two ladies with him new characters, or obscure characters from Pre-Crisis?

Actually that was something that came from Grant Morrison I believe in regards to the Xa-Du/ Phantom King, but Pak developed it in his Batman/ Superman run.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really liked it. Definitely gonna read this arc through.

Wait a minute . . . wasn't it issue #9 of Supergirl that came out this week, not issue #11?

(New Super-Man was issue #11, while Superwoman was issue #10.)

Fantastic Member

Steve Orlando dropped yet another reference to past continuity - the Tychotech CEO mentions she worked for the Contessa and "knows how to raise a company from the dead."

I remain intrigued as to how many of these little things are actual indicators of the state of things and how many are just easter eggs for DC diehards (like Orlando).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

He's a Morrison revamp who Pak developed further in his books.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait a minute . . . wasn't it issue #9 of Supergirl that came out this week, not issue #11?

(New Super-Man was issue #11, while Superwoman was issue #10.)
    Yes it was. Not sure how I got those wires crossed...