Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Bunn’s X-Men Blue Recruits Marvel’s ‘Ultimate’ Wolverine

http://www.cbr.com/interview-cullen-...ine-xmen-blue/

Some details on Jimmy Hudson in the upcoming Blue. I'm curious how he will be written so as not to just be another Wolverine.

Also, it looks like Emma will be an antagonist for the team.

Lastly the way it's worded seems like the Marauders will be brand new mutants. It'd be nice to have a foil group to the original 5 in the Marauders. Can't wait to see what they look like and what their powers will be.

Can't say that I'm looking toward to this, but I trust Bunn.

I'm glad I'm getting the Jimmy and Magneto interaction I wanted and I can't wait to see how it plays out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Sounds good..well everything but the Wolverine son.

We're gonna be stuck with antagonist Emma until someone decides to revive adult Cyclops aren't we?

Still excited about Jimmy though.

Still dont find it necessary for Jimmy to join. Like, is it so bad to have Laura join?? Just say she was taking a break like Janet did before returning to UA in #9.

BANNED

This is one thing that might me hate this book.

I can only hope Fauxverine #161 will swiftly leave Blue. Focus on the complex relationship potential within the O5 and Magneto plus their targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

"wolverine" in another book. I thought we were supposed to see less of "him" after he died... sheesh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/interview-cullen-...ine-xmen-blue/

... Lastly the way it's worded seems like the Marauders will be brand new mutants. It'd be nice to have a foil group to the original 5 in the Marauders. Can't wait to see what they look like and what their powers will be.
    Yep, next to the Polaris & Emma Frost bits, that lil' tease about them:

... In #6, you send your team to one of the most enduring X-Men and Marvel U fictional locations: Madripoor. Why do you think that island city-state has been such a a prominent locale in Marvel stories? What do you find most interesting about Madripoor?

Madripoor is city where anything can happen. It’s exotic and intoxicating, and at times very dangerous. But I’m not just sending the team there. As you see in issue #1, the X-Men have their own mansion in Madripoor’s High Town. Young X-Men out on the town in Madripoor? Sounds like a recipe for adventure!

And the X-Men aren’t the only mutants in town. I’m introducing a team of new mutants that will have an interesting relationship with our team. ...
    ... and THIS too, of course:

... Your Secret Empire tie-in brings Polaris and Emma Frost into the book. Can you talk at all about their dynamics with your team and your takes on them? Is Emma a villain, in the traditional sense of the word?

I don’t think anything is traditional about Emma. She is certainly an antagonist for the X-Men in the series, and she has some dirty tricks up her sleeve — but I still don’t see her as a villain, really. She’s in a dark place right now. She has been for some time. I would love to see her come out of that, but it will take time, and her grief and anger may be guiding her for awhile.

As for Polaris, I don’t want to say much about her role in the book. Not yet.

In addition to Polaris and Emma, my Secret Empire tie-in will be bringing several fan-favorite X-characters back to the comics. Some of them have been gone for some time, some will be changed a bit when they show back up. ...
    ... have me SO X-cited! CAN... NOT... WAIT... for the SE arc, it's gonna be aMAZing, I am SO psyched & pumped for it all!!! And more & more, the more I think about it, I LOVE them being located in the exotic & dynamic MADRIPOOR!! Just think that's wicked cool, and chock FULL of possibilities & unlikely scenarios. THE X-book this X-fan has been waitin' for, for a LONG time - I, am MOST pleased!

And dang, Bart, I went into your BvG thread & accidentally spoiled myself. I haven't read #3 yet, sadly, and caught that "surprise" mention in your 2nd post by mistake. But it's motivated me to check it out now ASAP, 'cause I was like... WHAT, oh-ho-ho, AWESOME! Then, I'm going to FINALLY get to Jean Grey #1, too. I'm such a procrastinator, it's awful. NO more CBR Forums, 'til I read those damn comics, gotta discipline myself better.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 05-11-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Really worried this will cause me to drop the book. We'll see I guess.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I can only hope Fauxverine #161 will swiftly leave Blue. Focus on the complex relationship potential within the O5 and Magneto plus their targets.
    Sorry dude, Jean just cant seem to be without some version of Wolverine, so I'm afraid Jimmy is around for the long haul. Bunn seems to have long term plans for him.

I like Bunn so I will give him the benefit of the doubt even when it comes to Jimmy, no matter how much I dislike Jimmy
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-11-2017 at 01:20 AM.

sigh. Really, Marvel? Why even kill off Wolverine if they're gonna have fourteen versions of him around.

I genuinely mystifies me that people can be so negative about something we haven't even read yet, apart from a cameo introduction.

When the 1610 was folded-in these kinds of things were inevitable, this was partly why Secret Wars happened, to throw out a played-out experiment and salvage the parts that worked. You will notice this isn't happening everywhere, the introduction of characters and ideas from that universe are being spaced out with a deliberate caution. So much so, that a casual reader won't notice that some characters have changed, been mysteriously resurrected, or otherwise appear out of the blue.

The reboot of the MU is so subtle we even get arguments developing that the new universe is just a continuing 616 by any other name. Now we are beginning to see the truth. The reason Brevoort was so vocal about dropping the 616 moniker from the spider books. We are in a brave new universe and we can expect some curveballs thrown at us along the way. In this case one of the characters people actively praised in the Ultimate Universe. Let's give the story a chance before we attack it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Polaris, Blair Raleigh, and Emma Frost show up in this book. Bunn has shown an uncanny (pun intended) ability to write quality female characters, as we've seen with Blair and Psylocke. Jimmy, not so much.

I'm willing to give him a chance, but Jimmy has the burden of being a total failure of a replacement character in a line that also failed miserably. Jimmy Hudson only exists because Ultimate Wolverine died. He was created to replace him and failed miserably. Bunn was the only one who had a chance to make him interesting with the Ultimate Wolverine mini. However, that almost never got mentioned again after it was over so Bunn really didn't get much of a chance with him. Given how he tends to use characters from previous runs, I'm not surprised he's trying to give Jimmy another shot, but he's facing an uphill battle to say the least.

There's already X-23, Old Man Logan, Gabby, and Daken running around. They've all found a way to distinguish themselves in their own right. Jimmy needs to do that while overcoming his reputation as a failed replacement character. It's a tough battle, but if anyone can do it, it's Cullen Bunn.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.