Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I've said it many times before but i would love it if ruby summers were to join the team especially with emma being an antagonist to the team i would love it for Emma to meet the daughter she and Scott could have had.
    Unfortunately no one cares about Ruby other than PAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    She goes against the time travel aspect of the book though
    Only if the writer doesn't want her to fit in. I mean I haven't been a fan of how Laura has been written with the O5 in general, but I'd take her on the team again if you need a Wolverine over Jimmy. Laura at least adds something different to the identity and we can probably avoid another awful Wolverine/Jean/Scott triangle romance with her. Unless Bunn's end goal is to get rid of the O5 I don't see how Laura isn't a better fit on the team as a Wolverine stand in.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kymera and, out of left field, the lost AU Sunpyre that came out of Honey Lemon's purse in Big Hero 6.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    She goes against the time travel aspect of the book though.
    The book looks to be setting itself up as a sort of Exiles, so it's more of a universe displacement rather than time displacement thing.

My wife Emma is back and hopefully she isn't written like a lunatic, like Soule did with her in IvX. I trust Bunn with her so i'll be totally disappointed he treats her like Soule did.

I'm fine with Jimmy, however admittedly I am tired of all these wolverine like characters popping up, if it were a wolverine related character I wish it were Daken, he gives this book some sort of representation with being a Queer PoC. Alas, I totally understand he does not fit the theme of the book
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

I don't like alternate reality children so Ruby or Kymera or whoever don't excite me. Neither does Jimmy.

I wouldn't mind seeing some alt reality versions of some Gen X members, New Mutants or whoever else Bunn sees as a fit for the team.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

I would not mind blink. I forget, is the 616 blink dead. I think she showed up only in that phalanx crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    I would not mind blink. I forget, is the 616 blink dead. I think she showed up only in that phalanx crossover
    She returned to life in the Nechrosha event and then joined the New Mutants after Regenesis.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Laura doesn't fit the theme of the book. Jimmy does. As does the next new team member.
    With all respect, Jimmy only fits the theme because you chose to bring him into the main universe. There was no indication that he was displaced from his reality until you chose to salvage him from the Ultimate Universe. You could have chosen any alternate universe character or even made a new one, but instead you decided to bring in yet another Wolverine derivative. Because apparently there just weren't enough already, I guess?

Astonishing Member

Wait,is Laura dosent fit the theam of the book the default answer given to any question abouth why shes not in a team book ?

Also dont hate jimmy because of this hes not in ever other team book blame everyon for wanting to use old man logan because why have Laura in a book amd do somting new using a well developed character when we can get the same generic wolverine we've had for years
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-11-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I genuinely mystifies me that people can be so negative about something we haven't even read yet...
    An overpowered jerk sue with claws stealing the focus of a story from more deserving characters or a great female character who deserves better but instead is objectified as a trophy in a stupid love triangle? What exactly haven't we read yet?

I'm loving the book and I'll probably still love it then but I'm dreading everything that has to do with this character. I would like to say I hope he doesn't steal the focus from other characters but that's virtually impossible since every "wolverine" character has that as a second mutation. Except Daken of course, who remains in limbo and will remain in limbo because whenever a "wolverine" is needed in any book even an alternate reality version's son will be remembered first.

Sorry for the bitching. I'll leave now...

BANNED

So it seems fans are concerned that the rumored love triangle between Scott-Jean-Jimmy will objectify Jean and just make her a trophy for the boys to win.

Is this the case with all love triangles? I'd like to think there is a way to do this right without objectifying anyone.
    Last edited by Bart; 05-11-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    So it seems fans are concerned that the rumored love triangle between Scott-Jean-Jimmy will objectify Jean and just make her a trophy for the boys to win.

Is this the case with all love triangles? I'd like to think there is a way to do this right without objectifying anyone.
    It depends on what aspects of the love triangle the story is focused on. If it's too focused on the ensuing rivalry between Scott and Jimmy then it will almost certainly seem like Jean is just a trophy. The issue is that even if that isn't what the story focuses on there are still issues. The alternative is to focus on Jean's choice (her taking time to make the choice, who she chooses, why etc.), but in that situation it makes the branches(points?) of the triangle seem like they are seriously lacking in self respect until she eventually chooses, and then after that it makes the "loser" seem obsessive (in addition to the lack of self-respect) if they don't move on after they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post

That's pretty much how every love triangle operates. That's why they're so awful, both in comics and real life. Someone always gets screwed over. Someone always gets reduced to being a prize more than a person. That's what helped undermine the first three X-men movies. There has yet to be an instance where this love triangle, or any love triangle for that matter, has ended in anything other than disaster.

Again, though, Bunn has shown in the first three issues that he can raise the bar. If anyone can make this plot work, it's him.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    It depends on what aspects of the love triangle the story is focused on. If it's too focused on the ensuing rivalry between Scott and Jimmy then it will almost certainly seem like Jean is just a trophy. The issue is that even if that isn't what the story focuses on there are still issues. The alternative is to focus on Jean's choice (her taking time to make the choice, who she chooses, why etc.), but in that situation it makes the branches(points?) of the triangle seem like they are seriously lacking in self respect until she eventually chooses, and then after that it makes the "loser" seem obsessive (in addition to the lack of self-respect) if they don't move on after they lose.
    I'd love it if it's teased for a couple issues, but Jean just then nips it in the bud and says she prefers to keep things platonic. I prefer Jean single anyways.

In your scenario though, would that be fixed if the loser just moved on?

Idk. Love triangles with female protagonists are pretty popular on YA stuff. It's not that hard to make it about her if they want to.