Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Bendis can stay on Miles as long as he writes more content per issue. Even reading it in trade form, his comic feels so... light on content. As for Iron Man, he had a decent first arc and then fell completely apart in the second arc, torpedoing Tony for a brand new character he barely did any work on that is kind of like a ton of other characters right now. Honestly, is he ever going to treat the character like she's from Chicago and deal with issues over there like his interviews suggest?
    It seems like the best thing to do is to just ignore any interviews from him, his books don't seem to actually reflect them, like how International Iron Man was supposed to have Doom and Tony teaming up, or Doom meeting Pepper in Infamous Iron Man, etc. Things just change out of nowhere or he drags out the plot so slowly that everything around the book has changed by the time he gets to where the plot is supposed to go and then it doesn't quite make sense anymore. Right now I'm betting the much hyped Iron Doom vs. Maker in Infamous Iron Man won't actually happen or will be the last 1 or 2 issues of the book.

I'm hoping whoever ends up writing Doctor Strange does give the character a more or less fresh start from the previous series.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I'm hoping whoever ends up writing Doctor Strange does give the character a more or less fresh start from the previous series.
    I hope whoever they get for Dr. Strange actually reflects a Dr. Strange Legacy book.

Aaron, who is already leaving, would not have done so in my opinion. Anyone taking cues from his run probably wouldn't either.

I hope that means Black Panther 200 hits around the films release.

Jungle Action 6-24: 18
    Black Panther Vol 1: 15
    Black Panther Vol 2: 4
    Black Panther Vol 3: 62
    Black Panther Vol 4: 41
    Black Panther Vol 5: 12
    Black Panther Vol 6: MWF/MDMA: 18
    Black Panther Vol 7: 13+

Gets you to 183.

If you add:

Panther's Prey:4
    Marvel Comics Presents: Panther's Quest: 25 (eight pages each) so roughly 9 issues

You can kind of squint and get 196 right now.

If we don't count Panthers Quest, but Count Klaws of the Panther: 4

We are at 191, and can hit 200 with Black Panther (Coates) #22. which should hit next February just in time for the movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I suspect Black Panther is not renumbering. I know retailers have strongly asked Marvel not to. If they do, I would personally limit it to books titled "Black Panther" and not include Jungle Action. Otherwise, you run into issues of Panther's Prey, Panther's Quest, wherever those fill-in issues that finished Panther v. KKK were that I can't be bothered to look up even though I'm unfortunate to own that garbage, etc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    "Iron Man – will still be written by Brian Michael Bendis. Bendis confirmed this on the current Word Balloon podcast, saying that the title will soon revert to the #600 legacy numbering."

Not surprised at all, but still extremely disappointed.
    F@#K!!!! That's how I feel. I hear ya Panfoot.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-11-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm not sure taking Waid off Avengers is a good idea. I feel like the approach to it should change. Give him a good, more traditional-feel artist, give him the freedom to pick the team, and I think the book will do great. Sure his style is different from Hickman's, but it's closer to Busiek and Busiek had a great, very long and successful run on Avengers. Plus Waid has probably read all that Marvel has published throughout its history. He knows the characters, he's aware of continuity, and he writes everybody with respect to their history. I don't think the problem with the main Avengers book lies with Waid, and I'd be disappointed if they take him off it, as I'm personally waiting for the things I have listed to change so I can pick it up...
    Personally Waid hasn't really wowed me on the Avengers. I thought originally it might be just the casts he was working with, but his .1 miniseries featured my favorite Avengers cast - Cap's Kooky Quartet - and it didn't strike me as anything special even though the characterization was mostly fine. I think Waid is a good writer who tries to get each character's voice right, and that's important, but I'm ready for someone new.

Anyway in 2018 all eyes will be on the Avengers because of Infinity War, and unlike in 2015, when Hickman was finishing up a long multi-year epic, they won't have many obstacles to starting fresh with a new team. I don't know if they'll get a big name new team, but that's where they'd be most likely trying to get one.