View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • A.D.: After Death (Book 3 of 3)

5 33.33%
  • Black Cloud #2

1 6.67%
  • Cannibal #5

1 6.67%
  • Copperhead #13

0 0%
  • The Fix #9

2 13.33%
  • Green Valley #8 (of 9)

1 6.67%
  • Lazarus Sourcebook #2: Hock

3 20.00%
  • Regression #1

1 6.67%
  • Renato Jones Season Two: The Freelancer #1 (of 5)

1 6.67%
  • Rock Candy Mountain #2

0 0%
  • Sons of the Devil #12

0 0%
  • Throwaways #8

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 19 - Regression & Renato Jones launch!

Hey everyone welcome back to the weekly Image poll, vote for your faves and let's chat!

So I held off on this one for an afternoon to see if a winner would emerge, but NOPE, instead we get that rarest of occurences... a triple win! The debut issue of Eternal Empire got just as many votes as the controversial 167th Walking Dead issue AND the latest in forum-favourite Manifest Destiny. I think this has only happened once before, last year? Congratulations to all!

Looking at this week we've got some interesting stuff lined up to follow the weekend's Free Comic Book Day. A.D.: After Death is wrapping up by releasing book number three, Black Cloud immediately reprints its previous issue - so good news there. Green Valley hits its penultimate chapter, and Lazarus gets its second Sourcebook.
    In the category of "why now?" we get two curiosities: a blank cover for Youngblood to follow up last week's relaunch, and, perhaps even more puzzling, The Fix is releasing an "April Fool's alternate cover" to its 9th issue. You know. In May.

This week also sees two new series debuts.
    First up is the Renato Jones continuation. Kaare Andrews' first creator-owned project relaunches as Season Two: The Freelancer. Billed to run for five issues this will no doubt be stylish as heck. Last season was all about class warfare and showing "The One%" [sic] that they're not as in control as they like to be, in this season they start to push back on the vigilante Renato Jones.

Secondly we get Regression, the latest from writer Cullen Bunn (Harrow County, Sixth Gun). This one is another horror series, with creepy hypnotism, demonic possession, reincarnated occult creatures, the works. If this is on Harrow County's level or better it's bound to be pretty great!

279562.jpg 279544.jpg

My first Image issue for weeks! After Death, I mean, just wow. We had to wait quite some time for the finale but it was genuinely amazing. I just loved it. I read the first two books again first and it just all fits so beautifully and makes you think, makes you feel something. I'm probably not being very coherent, but holy crap that was good!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Token vote for Lazarus, but I didn't actually pick up any Image books this week. The sourcebooks I'll have to wait to see in print, since they just don't read well digitally.

Lazarus Sourcebook #2 for me. I'm amazed by how much world building and information Rucka is able to pack out in these things.

I think that I might have to pick Lazarus up when it comes out in a nice HC edition!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Copperhead #13
    The Fix #9
    Lazarus Sourcebook #2: Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think that I might have to pick Lazarus up when it comes out in a nice HC edition!
    Tah-dah!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Not sure if you're specifically talking about the sourcebooks, but there is already two volumes of Lazarus in deluxe hardcovers. They are beautiful and worth every penny.

I meant Lazarus as a whole, but I'm working on some others just now haha Every review I've seen has been good though. Thanks for letting me know!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Greeeeeeeeen Valley is the book for me.
    Great artwork for all to see.
    Veloci-raptors attacking knights
    wielding broadswords in epic fights.
    Copperhead is good and next in line but Green Valley
    gets my vote this time.
    Last edited by matt levin; 05-14-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

After Death is all I picked up. I bought the first two issues but never read them. Time for a binge. The talent involved should make it a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Greeeeeeeeen Valley is the book for me.
    Great artwork for all to see.
    Veloci-raptors attacking knights
    wielding broadswords in epic fights.
    Copperhead is good and next line but Green Valley
    gets my vote this time.
    My LCS has failed to produce issues 6, 7 and 8 of Green Valley... I am swapping to an online subscription this month as the LCS is shutting down anyway, but I will have to find these issues online unless they appear in my final two weekly pick ups!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Enigma-- shall I ask my shop to try to get them for you?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Black Cloud and Green Valley for me this week. I enjoyed both, Green Valley is great fun can't wait for it to finish so I can read it through in one go but my vote goes to Black Cloud I don't usually enjoy books that hold so much back slowly teasing the mystery of the main character and her history but this has really grabbed me and the art is amazing.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.