Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So is this current Otto liable for the original's crimes or does he get a clean slate similar to Magneto after most charges got dropped on a "rebirth" technicality?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    So is this current Otto liable for the original's crimes or does he get a clean slate similar to Magneto after most charges got dropped on a "rebirth" technicality?
    I don't think Otto would be liable initially since it's a copy of his mind from Spiderverse but a copy overall. It basically started life as a summation of continuity up until that moment. If you could consider this Otto competent enough to make decisions in regards to right and wrong than anything illegal he does would make him liable afterwards, but probably not accountable at inception. That being said we don't know if the original Otto is even bound to this Otto so it could be argued it is a separate entity but with a knowledge of the past incarnation.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    The way I see it, if the "Superior" Ock is indeed just a clone of the original Ock with memories of the original, he's a person who was brainwashed into thinking that they're someone else. I don't see how he could be justly held accountable for the crimes of someone else.

Now, where the line would be drawn as to when Original Ock died for real and the clone/Superior Ock took over, I have no idea, although since the Ock mind that got put in the Living Brain was just an AI copy, there's no way that the real Doc Ock was alive at that point in time.

this reminds me of that old live-action Spiderman where Otto figured out who Spiderman was by cloning him and looking to see what the clone looked like. Of course that one also had mass-produced mind control devices that looked like ordinary lapel pins.

Ben was a clone to begin with, so a painful rebirth adds to his story.

Ock possesses most of his memories (with the exception of Superior Spider-Man #17-31) so there is a continuation of the story. There's also no other Ock to demand attention.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The way I see it, if the "Superior" Ock is indeed just a clone of the original Ock with memories of the original, he's a person who was brainwashed into thinking that they're someone else. I don't see how he could be justly held accountable for the crimes of someone else.

Now, where the line would be drawn as to when Original Ock died for real and the clone/Superior Ock took over, I have no idea, although since the Ock mind that got put in the Living Brain was just an AI copy, there's no way that the real Doc Ock was alive at that point in time.
    SupOck (Super SpOck?) should probably be held accountable for, at least, the actions of Ock in his last (chubby, non-superhuman) body and when inhabiting the Living Brian.

EDIT: is it silly that having 616 posts feels nice?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    SupOck (Super SpOck?) should probably be held accountable for, at least, the actions of Ock in his last (chubby, non-superhuman) body and when inhabiting the Living Brian.

Not that silly. Congratulations on your milestone. (Being completely sincere here.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post

Yeah, the AI Ock in the current Ock clone was the same AI that was in the Living Brain, so the same "person."

In Otto's case, I'm hoping his current incarnation sticks around for some time.

In Ben's case... I wasn't impressed with the first issue, and his villainy/madness just doesn't click with me.