Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How long before marvel tells us they have fantastic four rights back?

OK we have two x-men shows and now Deadpool yet marvel owns all x-men tv rights so what did fox trade marvel for those rights? If you saw the stan lee scene in gotg 2 we know what they traded as fox owned characters show up.

So how long before marvel lets us know they got fantastic four back? Marvel has that "mystery" movie in the works and fox just said they are planning another FF movie! The question is is this a Spider-Man type deal or did they just outright get the rights back?

What do you think?

Mighty Member

Fox needs to give up FF already and we need Galactus and Silver Surfer in Guardians 3

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It always astonishes me that nobody has been able to make a good FF movie. All it takes is the right writer and director. It shouldn't be that hard.

But the title has the stink of failure on it and it will probably be a few more years before that wears off, and somebody can try again. I'm not sure it would be possible to fit them into the mutant-less MCU, though. I guess they could be Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It always astonishes me that nobody has been able to make a good FF movie. All it takes is the right writer and director. It shouldn't be that hard.

But the title has the stink of failure on it and it will probably be a few more years before that wears off, and somebody can try again. I'm not sure it would be possible to fit them into the mutant-less MCU, though. I guess they could be Inhumans.
    Unless your dying for franklin to show up you dont need mutants or inhumans. They had an accident give them powers. Same as Hulk and Spiderman except in space. Honestly id be more excited about Dr Doom,Galactus,and Silver Surfer.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Unless your dying for franklin to show up you dont need mutants or inhumans. They had an accident give them powers. Same as Hulk and Spiderman except in space. Honestly id be more excited about Dr Doom,Galactus,and Silver Surfer.
    This has been my impression for some time. Fans want the three you mentioned more than the F4 themselves.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Marvel is co-producing the X-Men shows so I doubt they gave up the TV rights. They are using them as a bargaining chip to get what they want out of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    OK we have two x-men shows and now Deadpool yet marvel owns all x-men tv rights so what did fox trade marvel for those rights? If you saw the stan lee scene in gotg 2 we know what they traded as fox owned characters show up.

So how long before marvel lets us know they got fantastic four back? Marvel has that "mystery" movie in the works and fox just said they are planning another FF movie! The question is is this a Spider-Man type deal or did they just outright get the rights back?

What do you think?
    I hope you're not holding your breath.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Civil War was a game changer on who can be in who's movie, and in the rumor mill and it is really a rumor I have heard no real confirmation but their is some negotiation concerning this between Disney and Fox..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 05-14-2017 at 03:56 PM.

The ship has sailed as far as a "Grand Unified Marvel Cinematic Universe," though, unless they reboot the whole thing (which they will eventually). Even if all the studios could sit down and agree to a wealth sharing plan to benefit all. There's no way at this point you could justify the Avengers and the X-Men existing in the same continuity. (There would be some wiggle room with the F4.)

I think Fox's negotiating power has really decreased with the commercial success of GotG. Marvel needed Fantastic Four as a vehicle to expand their universe in the cosmic scale. With Guardians, the window for that need is decreasing by the day. The situation with Spider-Man was a bit different in that the character was a proven money-maker (hence Sony had leverage). F4 as it is now is a known lemon. Marvel would find it useful, but not necessary, in getting that property back to move their universe forward.

Conversely, this might actually make it more difficult for Marvel to get the rights back, as Fox will not have anything significant to gain / get any big concessions from Marvel for the rights (unlike Spider Man).
    Last edited by Twickster; 05-15-2017 at 02:51 AM.

hopefully never cause they will likely dump them with GotG and it will be an endless jokefest.

I don't know, but it needs to be soon. Some top-notch talent would be handling Marvel's 1st Family.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The ship has sailed as far as a "Grand Unified Marvel Cinematic Universe," though, unless they reboot the whole thing (which they will eventually). Even if all the studios could sit down and agree to a wealth sharing plan to benefit all. There's no way at this point you could justify the Avengers and the X-Men existing in the same continuity. (There would be some wiggle room with the F4.)
    I disagree they could have lopped the X-men with the Special\gifted in MCU category and then later defined as mutant..

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Its not the FF I want Marvel to get a hold of, but Doctor Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I disagree they could have lopped the X-men with the Special\gifted in MCU category and then later defined as mutant..
    In retrospect. But now it would require a full reboot. It's impossible that two superhero teams of that magnitude could both be active in the world without impinging on each other's stories, or at least being mentioned.