Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The ship has sailed as far as a "Grand Unified Marvel Cinematic Universe," though, unless they reboot the whole thing (which they will eventually). Even if all the studios could sit down and agree to a wealth sharing plan to benefit all. There's no way at this point you could justify the Avengers and the X-Men existing in the same continuity. (There would be some wiggle room with the F4.)
    I disagree they could have lopped the X-men with the Special\gifted in MCU category and then later defined as mutant..

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Its not the FF I want Marvel to get a hold of, but Doctor Doom.

Fox really should give the Fantastic Four rights back to Marvel or at least share the rights like Sony did with Marvel. It's clear they don't know what to do with the franchise after the last reboot. The sad thing is the 2015 reboot had potential and the actors are not bad actors. It was the director and studio interference that really caused the movie to be as bad as it was. I know I probably mentioned this before, but the original script for the 2015 reboot movie leaked online a few weeks after the movie hit theaters and it was actually pretty good. It's a rare time I actually read the whole script for start to finish and it had a much better Dr. Doom origin story, Moleman, and Galactus was the big bad that shows up during the finale. If the movie had that original script the movie would have been much better than what we got.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I disagree they could have lopped the X-men with the Special\gifted in MCU category and then later defined as mutant..
    In retrospect. But now it would require a full reboot. It's impossible that two superhero teams of that magnitude could both be active in the world without impinging on each other's stories, or at least being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    F4 would be nice but most us would happy with Doom,Galactus,and Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    In retrospect. But now it would require a full reboot. It's impossible that two superhero teams of that magnitude could both be active in the world without impinging on each other's stories, or at least being mentioned.
    You could reboot the xmen and leave the mcu intact. But yes xmen would need a total reboot. But marvels not getting the xmen back in the next15years but F4 i feel like is stongly possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Ditto. I have nothing but revulsion for the thought of another FF movie at this point. If Marvel announced they had the rights and were doing an FF movie out tomorrow, it would likely be the first Marvel movie I wouldn't see.

But I want the villains.

I want to see a good F4 movie just on principle, to show that they've failed in the past due to bad filmmakers and not due to sucking in their own right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ditto. I have nothing but revulsion for the thought of another FF movie at this point. If Marvel announced they had the rights and were doing an FF movie out tomorrow, it would likely be the first Marvel movie I wouldn't see.

But I want the villains.
    I'm curious why you have confidence Marvel can do the villains great but not the FF. The two quintessential FF villains have both been done worse in every movie than the FF has in any of them.

Incredible Member

The Fantastic Four will probably never return to Marvel. Why? Because Fox knows the Marvel brand is gold. But let's back up and remember that Fox made a full-fledged movie with no intention to release it... just to keep the film rights. Not bad enough? How about they made a 2004 version that was poop, followed by a poop sequel in 2007. Then another reboot in 2015 that won a prestigious amount of recognition for poop.

Contractually, they get to keep this ace-in-the-hole franchise as long as they keep pooping out films. Good, bad, it doesn't matter. They don't want Marvel involved, as shown from them having to cut deals with Marvel regarding Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, mutants, adamantium, Kang, etc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    The Fantastic Four will probably never return to Marvel. Why? Because Fox knows the Marvel brand is gold. But let's back up and remember that Fox made a full-fledged movie with no intention to release it... just to keep the film rights. Not bad enough? How about they made a 2004 version that was poop, followed by a poop sequel in 2007. Then another reboot in 2015 that won a prestigious amount of recognition for poop.

Contractually, they get to keep this ace-in-the-hole franchise as long as they keep pooping out films. Good, bad, it doesn't matter. They don't want Marvel involved, as shown from them having to cut deals with Marvel regarding Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, mutants, adamantium, Kang, etc.
    Possibly, but there will still come a point where it's literally not worth keeping the franchise because it's just losing them too much money, while Marvel is making too much money and will be able to give them a hefty sum to at least get back some of the characters for their own use. And with Logan having killed off Wolverine, Xavier, and the implied deaths of other X-Men, I don't know how well the next X-Men movie is going to do if everything will ultimately be for naught in terms of things going well for mutants and/or the X-Men. Fox will solely have to rely on Deadpool and hope that the next Deadpool movie somehow undoes the fates of Wolverine, Xavier, and the others and give hope back to the X-Men. And if there's no retcon or time rewrite like in Days of Future Past, the question will become, can Deadpool carry the entire X-Men and Fantastic Four movie universe/franchise, knowing that they'll automatically be losing money when making a FF movie?

So far the F4 have been a money pit for Fox. It's gotten to the point where the brand itself is so tainted by bad movies that it's not even worth much in its own right. Fox may want to keep the rights in the hopes that they can leverage something out of the other characters who come along with the property, aside from the F4 themselves.

It's possible Marvel actually doesn't have the rights and they are hyping up some other character(s) to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Possibly, but there will still come a point where it's literally not worth keeping the franchise because it's just losing them too much money, while Marvel is making too much money and will be able to give them a hefty sum to at least get back some of the characters for their own use. And with Logan having killed off Wolverine, Xavier, and the implied deaths of other X-Men, I don't know how well the next X-Men movie is going to do if everything will ultimately be for naught in terms of things going well for mutants and/or the X-Men. Fox will solely have to rely on Deadpool and hope that the next Deadpool movie somehow undoes the fates of Wolverine, Xavier, and the others and give hope back to the X-Men. And if there's no retcon or time rewrite like in Days of Future Past, the question will become, can Deadpool carry the entire X-Men and Fantastic Four movie universe/franchise, knowing that they'll automatically be losing money when making a FF movie?
    They said the next Xmen movie is gonna serves as a soft reboot lol i doubt it though

I actually think it is possible that FF come home within next 10 years. X-Men are never returning though, let's be real. Only way that happens if Fox as a company falls and there's no Murdochs are going to let that happen