Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hopefully never cause they will likely dump them with GotG and it will be an endless jokefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    hopefully never cause they will likely dump them with GotG and it will be an endless jokefest.
    Fantastic Four is actually the perfect material to run that kind of tone with. They've always had an adventurous and funny spirit to them. Dark and serious just doesn't work with the Fantastic Four

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Fantastic Four is actually the perfect material to run that kind of tone with. They've always had an adventurous and funny spirit to them. Dark and serious just doesn't work with the Fantastic Four
    I'm not sure I agree. Not all of the time sure, but some of the greatest FF stories are kind of dark. Losing the 2nd child in Byrne's run. The Thing's angst. One of the best remembered Lee/Kirby stories is This Man This Monster which is kind of dark.

Reader interest in the FF just hasn't been very hot for many years, since maybe the mid-1990s. Earlier? This in spite of having several very talented writers working on it and doing all manner of stories to stir things up.

With the Inhumans running around now in the MCU, being so prevalent, it seems like a great opportunity to bring the FF into the fold.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

yes, the funny issues the Mr. F always ignores Invisible Woman which is why she got that power set!

The thing always feeling sad cause people think he is a monster and a complete hothead.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I disagree.

The Fantastic Four should be much more about exploration and invention. I think it'd be a pity for Ben Grimm to just be comic relief. There's a lot of different tones the FF can feasibly juggle, but I think the tragedy of the characters is essential. The limitless scope of their gaze, must be grounded in something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Cops tell jokes, soldiers tell jokes, teachers tell jokes, it's how life works.

I guess you dislike Lethal Weapon or Ghostbusters.

Fantastic Four is perfect for Marvel, dark/gritty/serious doesn't work for FF.

BANNED

No, don't give the rights back to Marvel! All Marvel ever does is release bomb after bomb, put out critically panned movies and turn their properties into desolate wastelands. Let Fox keep the rights. They've proven time and time again that they know what they're doing with the Fantastic Four.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Possibly, but there will still come a point where it's literally not worth keeping the franchise because it's just losing them too much money, while Marvel is making too much money and will be able to give them a hefty sum to at least get back some of the characters for their own use. And with Logan having killed off Wolverine, Xavier, and the implied deaths of other X-Men, I don't know how well the next X-Men movie is going to do if everything will ultimately be for naught in terms of things going well for mutants and/or the X-Men. Fox will solely have to rely on Deadpool and hope that the next Deadpool movie somehow undoes the fates of Wolverine, Xavier, and the others and give hope back to the X-Men. And if there's no retcon or time rewrite like in Days of Future Past, the question will become, can Deadpool carry the entire X-Men and Fantastic Four movie universe/franchise, knowing that they'll automatically be losing money when making a FF movie?
    How much money do you think Fox currently has? They are the fourth largest corporate conglomerate on Earth. Go on, take a guess or take a gander at their assets. They have enough money to make a crap movie and NOT release it every 5 years for forever and still have enough yearly revenue to not care.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    How much money do you think Fox currently has? They are the fourth largest corporate conglomerate on Earth. Go on, take a guess or take a gander at their assets. They have enough money to make a crap movie and NOT release it every 5 years for forever and still have enough yearly revenue to not care.
    Who cares what their assets are? What benefit is it for them to keep a franchise that is just losing money? You could be the richest person in the world but if you have something that is just a money sink and you get zero benefit from it, why would you keep it? It's simple business. Businesses are in business to make as much money as legally possible. It makes no sense to keep a franchise that has become as toxic as the Fantastic Four and is losing them money with every movie they make when they could get either a shared rights and a share in the profits of the next movie, which if is made by Marvel, would likely make far more money than any Fantastic Four movie they would make in the foreseeable future, or even sell it back to Marvel for a hefty sum of money. Oh, and with the season finale of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and the direct mention of Celestials in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as well as a certain cameo appearance by some other characters often associated with the Fantastic Four, I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of deal has been made between the two companies.

BANNED

Who cares what their assets are? What benefit is it for them to keep a franchise that is just losing money?
    Ehm, you answered your own question there: trading it back piece by piece to Marvel in exchange for stuff they actually can use, for starters.
    They just gave up Ego, which they were not likely ever to use anyway, for X-Men-based tv shows.

BANNED

Who cares what their assets are? What benefit is it for them to keep a franchise that is just losing money? You could be the richest person in the world but if you have something that is just a money sink and you get zero benefit from it, why would you keep it? It's simple business. Businesses are in business to make as much money as legally possible. It makes no sense to keep a franchise that has become as toxic as the Fantastic Four and is losing them money with every movie they make when they could get either a shared rights and a share in the profits of the next movie, which if is made by Marvel, would likely make far more money than any Fantastic Four movie they would make in the foreseeable future, or even sell it back to Marvel for a hefty sum of money. Oh, and with the season finale of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and the direct mention of Celestials in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as well as a certain cameo appearance by some other characters often associated with the Fantastic Four, I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of deal has been made between the two companies.
    Fox is on some sibling rivalry or some petty playground BS. They know this property is a black hole for money but they also know that if they give it back to Marvel it's going to be turned into a crown jewel. They would rather suffer the loss of money than let Marvel have it. These people are acting like children, not businessmen. Fox only gave up Ego because the team behind Deadpool wanted NTW. They had no issue reaching out to Marvel apparently and Marvel proved they were willing to do business, but the higher ups in Fox seem to have it in for Marvel. I don't know what happened behind the scenes that caused it but somehow it got personal. At least that's what it looks like to me. I'm hoping to being proven wrong. I'm not holding my breath for the Fantastic Four in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Fox is on some sibling rivalry or some petty playground BS. They know this property is a black hole for money but they also know that if they give it back to Marvel it's going to be turned into a crown jewel. They would rather suffer the loss of money than let Marvel have it. These people are acting like children, not businessmen. Fox only gave up Ego because the team behind Deadpool wanted NTW. They had no issue reaching out to Marvel apparently and Marvel proved they were willing to do business, but the higher ups in Fox seem to have it in for Marvel. I don't know what happened behind the scenes that caused it but somehow it got personal. At least that's what it looks like to me. I'm hoping to being proven wrong. I'm not holding my breath for the Fantastic Four in the MCU.
    Well marvel did stop promoting all.things f4. One can argue that they werent selling or whatever but its assumed it was in part because fox has the rights. Xmen too good of a seller for them to pull that **** with. If this spidey does real good then fox might be open to something. But i dont think marvel wants f4 back bad enough to coproduce movies with fox for the f4.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

FF Property is in a downward spiral of ruin, the only thing as of right now to reinvigorate the property is for it to go back to MCU , even if it's Spider-man-like Deal where the property is still with Fox .. the news itself would have such huge impact.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Cops tell jokes, soldiers tell jokes, teachers tell jokes, it's how life works.

I guess you dislike Lethal Weapon or Ghostbusters.

Fantastic Four is perfect for Marvel, dark/gritty/serious doesn't work for FF.
    when did i say i want F4 to be dark and gritty?

why would i dislike Ghostbusters?

Your argument does not make any sense.