BANNED

Default Deadpool #30 (Review/SPOILERS!)

Hey, set aside some time in your day for this monster issue from Gerry Duggan and Mike Hawthorne.

This is 80 pages (I didn't count them for myself but I think I read that it was 80 pages) of Deadpool goodness. And not like a double sized main story with some smaller vignettes to fill out an oversized issue, this is one giant story from the creative team. It's practically a graphic novel unto itself.

I'm not even going to attempt to summarize this beast but it's Deadpool going into space in search of a weapon that can deal with Madcap once and for all. Much hilarity ensues, with appearances from several familiar Marvel universe faces. We also see S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Scott Adsit begin a new chapter in his life.

I absolutely loved this issue. This comic has borne the famous FF header of "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" for awhile and while it's there in an ironic way because it's Deadpool and all, I think this title consistently works hard to actually sincerely live up to that appellation. The creative team regularly goes the extra mile to put out something special every month and this is one of the most notable examples of that.

And while I frequently find myself laughing out loud at this book, I have to say that this particular issue really killed it in that department. God is it funny.

The end of this issue cues things up for Secret Empire. Not sure where it fits exactly in regards to the ending of Uncanny Avengers #23 (I'm guessing it takes place beforehand) but as Duggan wrote 'em both, I'm sure they fit together just fine.

Anyhow, great issue. Highly recommended.

I was told this issue would explain how the Nova Corps returned for that Guardians FCBD issue. Is that true?

Is Madcap "beaten" (for now of course, its comics!) for now then?

What's Adsit's new Status Quo? He's been interesting me, because he's always been long suffering in this book, but since Original Sin and seeing Deadpool kill his own parents, Adsit's been really anti-Deadpool.

Sorry for so many questions but I can only afford 10% of the comics I've been buying recently, which is actually about 50 comics!!
    Last edited by AJW009; 05-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This was awesome! And it really played into Masked vs Unmasked Deadpool: Masked Deadpool is hilarious! Unmasked Deadpool is funny but just so incredibly tragic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJW009 View Post
    I was told this issue would explain how the Nova Corps returned for that Guardians FCBD issue. Is that true?

Is Madcap "beaten" (for now of course, its comics!) for now then?

What's Adsit's new Status Quo? He's been interesting me, because he's always been long suffering in this book, but since Original Sin and seeing Deadpool kill his own parents, Adsit's been really anti-Deadpool.

Sorry for so many questions but I can only afford 10% of the comics I've been buying recently, which is actually about 50 comics!!
    I wasn't aware that an explanation was needed for the Nova Corps but, yes, the Corps do play a part in this issue.

And no, the actual fight with Madcap will have to wait for another day. This was just about Wade searching for a way to end him.

Adsit is still pretty anti-Deadpool here. In fact, Wade isn't the only one who's leaving the planet to get away from it all.

In fact, he's quitting S.H.I.E.L.D. to join up with the Nova Corps! Hopefully this won't be the last we see of him as he's been one of my favorites from DP's supporting cast. With Duggan writing GotG, maybe he'll show up in that book from time to time.

I know all about spending more on comics than you can afford but if you get the coin together for this at some point, it's worth it. A very good read!

BANNED

This was hilarious and the best comic I've read in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wasn't aware that an explanation was needed for the Nova Corps but, yes, the Corps do play a part in this issue.

And no, the actual fight with Madcap will have to wait for another day. This was just about Wade searching for a way to end him.

Adsit is still pretty anti-Deadpool here. In fact, Wade isn't the only one who's leaving the planet to get away from it all.

In fact, he's quitting S.H.I.E.L.D. to join up with the Nova Corps! Hopefully this won't be the last we see of him as he's been one of my favorites from DP's supporting cast. With Duggan writing GotG, maybe he'll show up in that book from time to time.

I know all about spending more on comics than you can afford but if you get the coin together for this at some point, it's worth it. A very good read!
    Thanks for all the information!! That's so cool about Adsit, if he is in Guardians though, I'm not sure he's found the respite he's looking for!!

I've been reading the Nova solo ongoing since Sam Alexander was introduced after Avengers vs X-Men, and a lot of its been about his missing Dad and the Nova Corps being gone. I think it's been linked to Richard Rider and the Worldmind being stuck in the Cancerverse.

I'm glad his battles with Madcap isn't over, would have been sad to miss that. Did the weapon he was looking for to beat Madcap not work or something?
    Last edited by AJW009; 05-11-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Yeah, Rich took the entire Nova Force with him to Cancerverse. As such there couldn't be any gold bucketheads, and they were all depowered. The survivors probably got their powers back when Rich finally escaped, hence the re-emergence of the Corps.

Mighty Member

Anyone else notice all the cameo's in the collectors collection?

Specifically I enjoyed the cameo by dugga and scott koblish, but there were a lot of good ones.

Also, solid issue.

Loved this issue, easily the best Deadpool comic I've read.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn