BANNED

Default "the poor little rich boy" Richie Rich appreciation

If there is already discussion about Richie Rich, then please lock this thread or merge it with the previous one.

Richie Rich was once the most popular Harvey Comics' character for many years, but it stopped publication in the early 90's. There was a Richie Rich film starring Macaulay Culkin in 1994, but it wasn't a big successful hit.

The reason why the comic book lasted no more than 30 years, is because the writers and artists who made Richie Rich a success were out of touch with the kids. When Richie Rich continued publishing in the early 90's, the creators didn't adapt to the modern changes in the society. For example, Richie Rich never played video games which the kids loved to play in the 1990's. Richie Rich never even uses an ATM. It is now absurd that Richie Rich keeps paper money in his safes which are bigger than a baseball stadium.

They were still writing stories with society and technology that looks like it were in the 1960's.

But of course, Richie Rich was a lively character with an equally endearing cast. Richie Rich has two loving parents, a loyal butler and a snobby cousin.

BANNED

Time to post some pics from a Richie Rich comic book. It's a good story.

Ah! Some of the first comics I read as a kid. While not my favorite, Richie wasn't a bad read for an 8 year-old.

BANNED

I agree. The Richie Rich comics was only good for kids, not for all audiences.

Harvey Comics had made a mistake in using the same old art style instead of using different and distinct art styles like Archie Comics. That is how Archie Comics is still in business up to this day.