Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Why is she always losing that baby? It isn't a puppy. It's a child! I swear every time they "introduce" her she's screaming to find that baby. That makes you a bad mom!
    She's orphaned, she's taken in by Wolverine, she studies with Emma Frost, she loses her powers, she becomes a vampire ... then she adopts a baby and becomes a teenaged mother. Jubilee, this is your life.

Why did nobody take her aside and say, "Jubes, I think you're having a nervous breakdown. You need to slow down and get your shit together before you can be a mature and responsible mom. Human babies don't belong with the X-Men either. Or with vampires."

Still, there is one thing good about all this. The baby is heir to a massive, international criminal empire. So you just know that that is going to come in handy one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    To be fair, that's due to the gem that she's shown to be still wearing in the previews. So they're at least being consistent in showing the reason why she can do it.
    A magic gem that allows vampires to walk around in daylight? Talk about vamp attractant! Every vampire in the world will be trying to steal it, including the ones who are centuries old, and as such have legions of subordinate spawn and the ultra massive vampire powers that come with extreme age.

Well, I guess we finally know how the X-Men die....
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-12-2017 at 12:54 PM.

The rest of the Gen-X characters have all changed. Or at least the living ones did.
    well 2 out of 3 have returned to staus quo: Apoc-Jono is back to flamey face Jono(thank you Legion!)

no more monster-batshit Husk- she's sane again

lets see what happens to M-plate now

all the surviving Gen-Xers really need a 2 hourly/weekly group therapy session

after they've got their shit sorted out, they should try to find out wtf happened to Penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    She's orphaned, she's taken in by Wolverine, she studies with Emma Frost, she loses her powers, she becomes a vampire ... then she adopts a baby and becomes a teenaged mother. Jubilee, this is your life.

Why did nobody take her aside and say, "Jubes, I think you're having a nervous breakdown. You need to slow down and get your shit together before you can be a mature and responsible mom. Human babies don't belong with the X-Men either. Or with vampires."

Still, there is one thing good about all this. The baby is heir to a massive, international criminal empire. So you just know that that is going to come in handy one day.

A magic gem that allows vampires to walk around in daylight? Talk about vamp attractant! Every vampire in the world will be trying to steal it, including the ones who are centuries old, and as such have legions of subordinate spawn and the ultra massive vampire powers that come with extreme age.

Well, I guess we finally know how the X-Men die....
    Curse of the mutants, Jubilee's vampire master/ boyfriend(?) Xarus commissioned them, and had them made by a vampire tech outfit.

Though its arguable if she needs it, as she has been fine using concealing clothing at times.

As for Jubilee not getting an intervention from the other X-men, Only beast has ever gotten an intervention and that's 'recently'. It is obvious only Charles cared abut mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Making Jubilee a vampire was an incredibly stupid decision. I still feel dumb just typing "Jubilee is a vampire." Seems like it was the worst way to try to keep her relevant without making her a mutant again. Exploring the limits of her mutant powers and their untapped potential is a much more interesting route. I hope Strain and editorial can undo what was done to her. God knows why it's stuck this long.
    Jubilee going vampire could have been just as good as Illyana/darkchylde or Jean/Phoenix, but their is a difference when a transformation is used to tell a story of growth rather than a gimmick. Funny thing is Claremont made Dani a Valkyrie, just like Jean and Illyana.
    Last edited by Likewater; 05-12-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    well 2 out of 3 have returned to staus quo: Apoc-Jono is back to flamey face Jono(thank you Legion!)

no more monster-batshit Husk- she's sane again

lets see what happens to M-plate now

all the surviving Gen-Xers really need a 2 hourly/weekly group therapy session

after they've got their shit sorted out, they should try to find out wtf happened to Penny.
    Well OK they have regressed instead of evolving. Some of that was needed. But Monet did get some good character work in X-Factor and Uncanny. Chamber and Husk have been X-Men and can still get another chance for new ideas that aren't terrible.

I have to be honest here. My Gen-X collection was a little patchy, I did not like the Hama run or Counter X . I had the other ones and lost them. When I think of Gen-X characters these days I mostly think of their later appearances.

None of this justifies Vampire Jubilee. She needs to return to her old status quo.

Spectacular Member

If Spitfire can be a vampire with super speed than I see no reason why Jubilee can't be a vampire with firework powers.

well Jubilee is not really a vampire, narrative wise. While I do not believe all vampire characters should act the same it is not as if the condition has changed her as a character, the most that has happened is Patsy Walker and Squirrel Girl used it some what comedic fashion. Adopting Shogo has had more of a difference on her character.

In the X-books, Jubilee might as well be a feral type mutant for all the difference it makes.

It is a pretty glaring failure of character development, she clearly was not turned into a vampire with a particular end goal in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    If Spitfire can be a vampire with super speed than I see no reason why Jubilee can't be a vampire with firework powers.
    I have no problem with a Vamp Jubilee that has her fireworks powers. She'll at least have an excuse to pull out the Twilight 'Sparkly Vampire' jokes, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    I have no problem with a Vamp Jubilee that has her fireworks powers. She'll at least have an excuse to pull out the Twilight 'Sparkly Vampire' jokes, then.
    As-is she's demonstrated an impressive array of powers though. Strength, speed, flight, turning into mist, so adding more to that isn't a huge stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    As-is she's demonstrated an impressive array of powers though. Strength, speed, flight, turning into mist, so adding more to that isn't a huge stretch.
    I am against this for the same reason I am against Diamond Emma and matter replicating Wolverine.

Team books powers need limits, or at least drawbacks for over use.

Logically Jubilee's vamparism is no different from her normal powers. Jubilee has bad guy powers, she conjures explosions or makes things explode. It has been described as energy manipulation to pyrotechnics, but she existentially makes things explode. Not dissimilar to HunterXHunter's Bomber man for the Greed Island arc. Jubilee's Vampire powers are no different in a literary fashion, a particularly nasty set of abilities she has to control. Fangs and claws, speed and strength, biting and phasing/translocation.

The only really difference is the writers don't have to be creative in her use. She is used as little as a vampire as she was in the ppost Gen-X pre-Decimation x-books.

In Curse of the Mutants, she was a lever to gain access to wolverine, in Wolverine And Jubilee she was a lever to gain access to wolverine, in Old an Logan she is kidnapped by Dracula as a lever to gain access to Wolverine. Such reoccurring themes among different writers, despite the so called power upgrade.

Its funny Jubilee can be easily seen as the poster girl for the lack of creative quality in the X-offices.

I still find it hilarious the way Wolvie got turned.

Wolvie: I'm here to save you!

Jubilee: Save this!

Ok, creative it may not be, but I think it was good.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So, what are the powers of that Korean guy (Hindsight)?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So, what are the powers of that Korean guy (Hindsight)?
    He can see memories of objects/people when he touches them but don't think he can control it since Strain admitted he was a mix between Rogue and Gambit.

EDIT: I found this:
    Nathaniel (Hindsight)

Hindsight is a brand new character created by Pinna and Strain for Generation X. His mutant power allows him to see other individuals' histories.

"For Nathaniel, the idea was he’d dress in more 'classic' clothing," Pinna explains. "Christina described him as liking vintage clothing, and specifically that he likes white shoes."

"The thing about Nathaniel's power (Psychometry) is that it doesn't just show him something/someone's past, it makes him feel it," Strain says. "So he wears gloves to protect himself from the weight of other people's emotional baggage, but at the same time, he loves vintage clothing/items because it all comes with a story and none of the pain."
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 05-15-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Can't wait for this.

Gen X was one of my favourite books in the 90s growing up, loved the art and stories and re read them now all the time.

Hope this does well and has more old members stick about more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    He can see memories of objects/people when he touches them but don't think he can control it since Strain admitted he was a mix between Rogue and Gambit.

EDIT: I found this:
    Nathaniel (Hindsight)

Hindsight is a brand new character created by Pinna and Strain for Generation X. His mutant power allows him to see other individuals' histories.

"For Nathaniel, the idea was he’d dress in more 'classic' clothing," Pinna explains. "Christina described him as liking vintage clothing, and specifically that he likes white shoes."

"The thing about Nathaniel's power (Psychometry) is that it doesn't just show him something/someone's past, it makes him feel it," Strain says. "So he wears gloves to protect himself from the weight of other people's emotional baggage, but at the same time, he loves vintage clothing/items because it all comes with a story and none of the pain."
    This seams like he is a better more likeable versions of the plot device inhuman from civil war ii. He'll probably be the most likeable one out of them all. You can do some nice things with powers like that.