Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

looks much better colored I must say, but Nature Girl really needed to use geese for her attack. Those central park geese are vicious!

<3 <3 <3 <3

I was already going to pick this up but the colors really compliment the art! Still irritated that Quire graduated (and Bling! should have too) yet is in the same class with new student like Nature Girl and Eye Boy.

I am hopeful this is going to be great. <3

Come thru Gen X and Iceman!

Mighty Member

I am rooting for this book but this cast.... why did they have to pick so many duds.. one is more than enough

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Im kind of excited for this book because I actually like Quentin Quire, its cool to see him in a book again also I do like Jubilee but just cant get with this vampire version was really hoping they would just give her original powerset back.

BANNED

Has she killed anyone as a vampire?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Can she PLEASE get her original powers back? marvel really dropped the ball with curse of mutants. I thought it was going to be a story about how vampirism reactivated the x-gene some how and mutants would be lining up to be turned into vampires.

Elixir, where are you? Jubilee is broken.
    She goes out in full daylight and lives with humans without chowing down on them.

She has adopted a human baby and has never once been driven into a feeding frenzy by the scent of its rich, fresh, wholesome, new blood.

Even though vampirism comes from the curse of the Darkhold—one of the most magically evil and corrupting forces in the multiverse—Jubilee is still her same old self.

Essentially, she's only nominally a vampire anyway.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    She goes out in full daylight and lives with humans without chowing down on them.

She has adopted a human baby and has never once been driven into a feeding frenzy by the scent of its rich, fresh, wholesome, new blood.

Even though vampirism comes from the curse of the Darkhold—one of the most magically evil and corrupting forces in the multiverse—Jubilee is still her same old self.

Essentially, she's only nominally a vampire anyway.
    Yeah authors are minimizing/downplaying the vampire aspect. But at least it makes Jubes more powerful now she is a lot more durable physically and a semi tank at this point, good things if you're a leader of "newbie" mutants
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

This is a great preview. I like the idea of all the oddball mutants being on the same team. I would like to be rid of vampire Jubilee. And I am excited to see what happens when Monet shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    This is a great preview. I like the idea of all the oddball mutants being on the same team. I would like to be rid of vampire Jubilee. And I am excited to see what happens when Monet shows up.
    LOL! That's right!

Jubilee is a blood-sucking vampire, and Monet is now a bone marrow-sucking vampire (emplate)

Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    LOL! That's right!

Jubilee is a blood-sucking vampire, and Monet is now a bone marrow-sucking vampire (emplate)

Funny.
    I hope Monet eats Quire.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I hope Monet eats Quire.
    At the end of the Grant Morrison run, Quire has an epiphany that his life up until then had been unauthentic. He finally was able to use his telepathy to actually empathize with people. Then he went into the coma.

When he woke up (different writer than Grant), he went right back to his "rebellious youth" personality, where he has remained ever since. In comics, the status quo is god. Quire will always be a pointlessly rebellious youth with a pink mohawk.

So yeah, if the character can't grow, let him die.

As for Jubilee, her fate is equally heinous. She's doomed to have the same bad haircut, the same pink sunglasses, the same yellow trench coat, and chomp the same bubble gum, for her entire comic book existence.

What nineteen year old girl dresses the same way they did when they were twelve?

Weep for Jubilee. If she lives to be eighty years old, she will still dress like she did when she was twelve.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-12-2017 at 01:11 AM.