Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    At the end of the Grant Morrison run, Quire has an epiphany that his life up until then had been unauthentic. He finally was able to use his telepathy to actually empathize with people. Then he went into the coma.

When he woke up (different writer than Grant), he went right back to his "rebellious youth" personality, where he has remained ever since. In comics, the status quo is god. Quire will always be a pointlessly rebellious youth with a pink mohawk.

So yeah, if the character can't grow, let him die.

As for Jubilee, her fate is equally heinous. She's doomed to have the same bad haircut, the same pink sunglasses, the same yellow trench, and chomp the same bubble gum, for her entire comic book existence.

What nineteen year old girl dresses the same way they did when they were twelve?

Weep for Jubilee. If she lives to be eighty years old, she will still dress like she did when she was twelve.
    This is a problem with mainstream superhero comics in general though not limited to QQ or Jubilee. Also there have been attempts to evolve Jubes they just weren't accepted well by fans. For every fan who wants characters to evolve there are 10 more who are furious about them abandoning "Their Classic Look" and what have you
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This is a problem with mainstream superhero comics in general though not limited to QQ or Jubilee. Also there have been attempts to evolve Jubes they just weren't accepted well by fans. For every fan who wants characters to evolve there are 10 more who are furious about them abandoning "Their Classic Look" and what have you
    Ya I agree Jubes should change and evolve, she just shouldn't have changed and evolved into a vampire. The rest of the Gen-X characters have all changed. Or at least the living ones did.

I will weep for the fact that if I live to be eighty years old Jubilee will still dress like a twelve year old

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Ya I agree Jubes should change and evolve, she just shouldn't have changed and evolved into a vampire. The rest of the Gen-X characters have all changed. Or at least the living ones did.

I will weep for the fact that if I live to be eighty years old Jubilee will still dress like a twelve year old
    Chamber goes back to black leather plenty. Monet never had an iconic outfit. Husk isn't featured enough to make any arguments one way or another. Penance is wearing the same things as always when we see her.

She goes out in full daylight
    To be fair, that's due to the gem that she's shown to be still wearing in the previews. So they're at least being consistent in showing the reason why she can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Brian Wood tried, hell that's why so much of X-men vol. 4 had Jubes with her original powers, but editorial said no. If Wood could not do it whats the likely hood of this new writer getting permission. If the writer even wants to restore her power set.
    Why would editorial say no? What's wrong with Jubilee with her original powers?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why would editorial say no? What's wrong with Jubilee with her original powers?
    no clue, I suppose they believe Jubilee is more marketable as a vampire.

BANNED

Why is she always losing that baby? It isn't a puppy. It's a child! I swear every time they "introduce" her she's screaming to find that baby. That makes you a bad mom!

she's a vampire! frankly a group of teenagers or English nobility shouldn't be able to evade her.

Finally, this is probably the title that nobody knows what to expect.

I look forward to seeing what they have to offer but also a little worried.

I would not expect them to return the powers of Jubilee more than once was said that there are editorial orders that prevent this although some writers have already expressed a desire to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Why is she always losing that baby? It isn't a puppy. It's a child! I swear every time they "introduce" her she's screaming to find that baby. That makes you a bad mom!
    Nah, it makes Shogo hyperactive demon spawn. Which is to say, perfectly normal for his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I would not expect them to return the powers of Jubilee more than once was said that there are editorial orders that prevent this although some writers have already expressed a desire to do so.
    Well, there's this:

genxjubee.jpg

I wouldn't hold my breath, though. Strain said in an earlier interview that she doesn't like retcons/walkbacks, so I doubt there's going to be a change on that front.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-12-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    no clue, I suppose they believe Jubilee is more marketable as a vampire.
    It's ridiculous that Jubilee and Dani haven't recovered their powers, many mutants who lost it were able to do it. The X-gene seems like it has a switch to turn it on and off lol so what's the problem then.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    It's ridiculous that Jubilee and Dani haven't recovered their powers, many mutants who lost it were able to do it. The X-gene seems like it has a switch to turn it on and off lol so what's the problem then.
    I don't argue with that, but we don't have that kind of influence.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Elixir, where are you?
    Yeah, where is he?

So yeah, if the character can't grow, let him die.
    Wise words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Why is she always losing that baby?
    Maybe it's the baby's superpowers; disappear when the adults aren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nah, it makes Shogo hyperactive demon spawn. Which is to say, perfectly normal for his age.

Well, there's this:

genxjubee.jpg

I wouldn't hold my breath, though. Strain said in an earlier interview that she doesn't like retcons/walkbacks, so I doubt there's going to be a change on that front.
    Making Jubilee a vampire was an incredibly stupid decision. I still feel dumb just typing "Jubilee is a vampire." Seems like it was the worst way to try to keep her relevant without making her a mutant again. Exploring the limits of her mutant powers and their untapped potential is a much more interesting route. I hope Strain and editorial can undo what was done to her. God knows why it's stuck this long.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Agreed. At least Dani being a Valkyrie is a superior story than Jubilee being a friggin vampire.