Default Morbius the living vampire collected edition?

I have been looking for a complete run of Morbius the living vampire in collected form can anyone tell me if it has ever been published. I don't care if it is only in black and white, I know that there have been three volumes of Vampire tales but the writing and artwork is very hard to make out as they were small format books maybe something like an Essential or omnibus title, thanks for any help.
    Hail Hydra!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The only collected issues I'm aware of are from the 90's series. They're in the Rise of the Midnight Sons trade.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

thank you SJ.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The way Marvel was kicking out Horror themed Omnibus editions (Man-Thing, Werewolf/Night) then that complete Frankenstein & Son of Satan trade I had thought Morbuis or even Deathlok might be an entry in this "surprise" Omni solicit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Interesting topic. There was recent discussion on the MMW forums about wanting a classic 1970's Morbius color collection. There hasn't been one yet, but I would definitely be onboard for this.

An ideal collection would be a thick Trade with the Vampire Tales mag. b&w appearances, as well as the color Adventure into Fear appearances.

Barring that, I'd be for a MMW collection of just the '70's AIF appearances, i.e. #20 - #31. Here's a link with more info. on the early - later appearances of the character:

https://horrorpedia.com/2016/08/21/m...ofile-history/

Thank you for the link Rom, He is one of the stranger Marvel characters hero / anti-hero horror related but not supernatural, even though he was part of the creature/animal linked Spider-man villain creations. I had thought that maybe he would have been included in the Essential line, then I hoped for the Epic collection but what are the odds for an omnibus from Marvel?
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thank you for the link Rom, He is one of the stranger Marvel characters hero / anti-hero horror related but not supernatural, even though he was part of the creature/animal linked Spider-man villain creations. I had thought that maybe he would have been included in the Essential line, then I hoped for the Epic collection but what are the odds for an omnibus from Marvel?
    If Deadly Hands sold ok, with the Universal Monster universe coming up, we might get the horror mags from the 70s recollected as an omni or two
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thanks; I already have the Tomb of Dracula and Werewold by Night omnis, but the first one looks interesting.

In regards Monster stuff of the 70's - of which Morbius headlined a series - there was some love for it in the recent omnibus poll: http://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/ma...-omnibus-2017/
    Last edited by legion_quest; 05-29-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

Wanted to bump this thread with the news that a Classic Morbius, The Living Vampire Omni is scheduled to come out this year - hopefully this June; this will be reprinting his early appearances. This may have been mentioned in other threads, but I figured it was most appropriate in this dedicated thread:

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ire-omnibus-hc

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...visory-rating/

This is exactly the type of collection that I've been wanting to see for years (re: my previous post), so I'm happy that it's finally coming out. Hopefully it won't get delayed (again).
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 05-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.