Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    That preview doesn't look very appealing.
    True, but I am curious as to what events set this whole train-wreck in motion.

OMAC commissioned to prepare for the perceived threat of Superman and Wonder Woman being an item?

Just saying, Booster is in it. Maybe the guys he was reporting to saw their relationship, and the worlds reaction to it, contributing towards this outcome.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

OMAC commissioned to prepare for the perceived threat of Superman and Wonder Woman being an item?

Just saying, Booster is in it. Maybe the guys he was reporting to saw their relationship, and the worlds reaction to it, contributing towards this outcome.
    Oh, please!

You really think this entire 47-issue arc is all about retconning the SM/WW relationship? LOL!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh, please!

You really think this entire 47-issue arc is all about retconning the SM/WW relationship? LOL!
    He didn't said it was all about ending SMWW, he said it could be part of the storyline. what is possible. or maybe they will let for another event. who knows

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

The solicits for Superman/Wonder Woman: Futures End #1 say that "The battle between the God of War and Nemesis can only spell doom for humanity – but can Kal restore Diana to her senses before it’s too late?" which makes Wonder Woman sound more or less unstoppable.

Presumably the couple will have had a bit of experience by then after going through Superman losing himself to the Doomsday virus. If Superman can bring her back to her senses after this showdown then that should make their relationship even stronger.

We may be dealing with multiple future timelines.
    Last edited by Lax; 05-04-2014 at 03:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The solicits for Superman/Wonder Woman: Futures End #1 say that "The battle between the God of War and Nemesis can only spell doom for humanity – but can Kal restore Diana to her senses before it’s too late?" which makes Wonder Woman sound more or less unstoppable.

Presumably the couple will have had a bit of experience by then after going through Superman losing himself to the Doomsday virus. If Superman can bring her back to her senses after this showdown then that should make their relationship even stronger.

We may be dealing with multiple future timelines.
    Doomsday in Superman case is completely different from WW. WW will lost her humanity because she is the God of War and Superman will try to connect her to humanity again. The last person to do it should be Superman, he is so disconnect of humanity himself.
    From the FE #0 John Stewart says that Superman dissappeared, so I think smww might leave Earth. this way they might leave the Earth more exposed to dangers.

GOd of War title is Ares meaning she is be the God of War and destruction. I think when they mean(hades) by interesting is that she i s not going to try to be war and destruction. She can't try to change a nature of a god. She can't try to change her nature now that she has accepted it Can she truly change the nature of the mantle god of war. Ares full title is God of War and destruction not just war. She can't change that part since she has accepted the title but she can try to denied it. She can't change the nature she accepted but she can be passion.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-04-2014 at 09:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    GOd of War title is Ares meaning she is be the God of War and destruction. I think when they mean(hades) by interesting is that she i s not going to try to be war and destruction. She can't try to change a nature of a god. She can't try to change her nature now that she has accepted it Can she truly change the nature of the mantle god of war. Ares full title is God of War and destruction not just war. She can't change that part since she has accepted the title but she can try to denied it. She can't change the nature she accepted but she can be passion.
    the point of Azzrello WW is WW changing the nature of the meaning of God of War. she being consumed by it is miss all the point of Azz run.

This series is another big "pass" for me. I just don't think that most of the writers at DC are capable/interested in writing superhero stories. Thankfully, JL8 exists.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    This series is another big "pass" for me. I just don't think that most of the writers at DC are capable/interested in writing superhero stories. Thankfully, JL8 exists.
    The biggest problem at DC is that somebody there thinks their readership will enjoy seeing their characters treated this way.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

It's really weird that DC put this comic filled with mutilation and gore in a day that there is lots of kids to read books...they had teen titans go #1 but many kids probably already had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think you mean "Got Wondy's destroyed and mutilated corpse in it. Not to mention the supposedly heroic Frankenstein using Black Canary's severed HEAD as a weapon."

Yup. I am going to be vigorously ignoring this story.
    By moaning about it online. Totally ignoring it.

Not sure if I'm gonna be picking it up though. With Batman Eternal already in my pull, it seems a bit tough to take on something else. I like the idea of it all though, so I probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It's really weird that DC put this comic filled with mutilation and gore in a day that there is lots of kids to read books...they had teen titans go #1 but many kids probably already had it.
    Eck, it's a bit off how it's one of the free issues but it's not like it's aimed at kids. It's starring Batman Beyond, who's not been in a cartoon in 13 years and shows how horrible the future can be if heroes fail but it's like it's staying in the future. The entire comic is set 5 years in the future from the current New 52 when everything is fine.
    Last edited by Star-Lord; 05-04-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Pay very close attention to every thread discussing the actual storyline. See how many times I make an appearance.

Spoiler alert: the answer will be "zero."

With that post, I merely declared my intent to NOT follow or support this superhero-slaughter fest. And because I'm not reading it, I won't be commenting on threads actually discussing it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I does not seem all that odd for someone to say "Based on these element of what I have see, this will not be for me."

This is a forum where we are are talking comics. Talking about how a preview hits you seems like part of that.

The art is crap

It looks pretty much as if Superman and Wonder Woman's romance has absolutely nothing to do with this future. Maybe at one point it was intended to, but that sure doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Terry's goal was to "kill a man". And that man surely is not Superman, as Bruce warns Terry not to let either Superman or past-Batman find out what he's up to. And its not Diana as well, she's not a man. Furthermore, considering his strong ties to the storyline and a co-creator of Brother Eye, right now Mr. Terrific seems like the prime candidate for the intended target. And if it were a situation where their relationship inspired others to create Brother Eye, talk about the long and stupid way for Booster to go about changing things. Just go to Mr. Terrific and Batman and tell them their stupid idea is far worse a threat than the couple could ever be.

Future Booster's worry over Superman and Wonder Woman it appears at this point was either dropped as a plot point, or is going to be a factor in another way entirely. If I had to take a guess though, it would be that DC is satisfied enough with the current direction of the Superman/Wonder Woman title that they're in no rush to drop it, so they've tossed any "Superman and Wonder Woman's love destroys the world" story.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-04-2014 at 05:26 PM.