Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

A good story is not obvious and has many plot twists, for sure there is more going on than only what was solicited.

smww I'm not sure if the plot was dropped, Maybe it will be part of a future Booster Gold ongoing? First I thought Futures End was booster Gold heavy, well he will have some participation anyway. So who knows what's up with smww and Booster Gold.
    Also we don't know what went really wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Doomsday in Superman case is completely different from WW. WW will lost her humanity because she is the God of War and Superman will try to connect her to humanity again. The last person to do it should be Superman, he is so disconnect of humanity himself.
    From the FE #0 John Stewart says that Superman dissappeared, so I think smww might leave Earth. this way they might leave the Earth more exposed to dangers.
    The two issues seem very similar looking at the solicits.

Superman: Doomed #1 Beginning the super-event you have been waiting for in The New 52: Superman vs. Doomsday in a way you've never seen before! And with Doomsday’s deadly new abilities, in this battle there can be no winners. The Man of Steel must unleash insane levels of power in order to do the job, only to terrify the world he’s saving. Beating Doomsday is only the beginning of this never ending battle!
    Superman unleashes so much power to stop Doomsday that he will "terrify the world".

Superman/Wonder Woman #8 Continued from this month’s SUPERMAN: DOOMED #1! Wonder Woman must deal with what Superman is becoming. Will she have to slay her lover to save him?
    Superman is changing to such a degree that she actually considers killing him in order to save him. Save him from what? Losing his humanity is the only thing that makes sense to me. It couldn't be saving his life because she'd have killed him.

Superman/Wonder Woman #9 “SUPERMAN: DOOMED” continues with “ENEMY OF THE STATE”! As things get more dire on Earth for him, the Man of Steel may have to go into exile in space, but the self-proclaimed protectors of Sector 2814, the Red Lanterns, don’t want him there either! Don’t miss this deadly face-off between Kal and Kara!
    Things are pretty out of control for Big Blue, but Wonder Woman didn't kill him and is now enlisting Supergirl for help, so she hasn't given up! That is key, she refuses to give up on the man even when he leaves the earth itself.

They try not to reveal the outcome, but I think it's fair to say that at some point she'll eventually succeed in returning Superman to normal.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1 The battle between the God of War and Nemesis can only spell doom for humanity – but can Kal restore Diana to her senses before it’s too late?
    Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Goddess of War needs someone to bring her back to her senses. She didn't give up on him, I'd like to think he'd return the favor having experienced something similar first hand. He should have a good idea how to handle the problem.

Their bond should be even stronger after these experiences.
    Last edited by Lax; 05-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

There are very few DC comics I follow, SM/WW being one of them. Seeing the preview for Future's end, it's not a series i'll be buying.!! Why does it seem that DC keeps making the heroes and their world's darker. Their focus seem to be to make the heroes just as dark as the villains!! In the new 52, the heroes fight with each other just as much as they do with the villains, it seem there is no different between the heroes and the villains but the sides they say they fight for!! What's with DC? I want to read comics about heroes being heroic, heroes that value life and care about people!! Not heroes that are no different than the villains they fight.
    Last edited by chlj1; 05-05-2014 at 09:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The two issues seem very similar looking at the solicits.
    No, it don't. WW problem is up with her nature,it's very psychological. Superman problem is caused by external forces, a virus. they are puting WW in a very bad place for female characters:
    1) lost control of her powers
    2) a man will resolve her problems, in this case a love interest

WW or Superman would do this for anyone...

BANNED

No, it don't. WW problem is up with her nature,it's very psychological. Superman problem is caused by external forces, a virus.
    How so?

Wonder Woman wasn't born the Goddess of War, that's a mantle she received after defeating Ares. Likewise Superman wasn't born with this virus, he will acquire it after defeating Doomsday. The only difference I see is that one mind altering force is magical and the other is science.

they are puting WW in a very bad place for female characters:
    1) lost control of her powers
    2) a man will resolve her problems, in this case a love interest
    Superman is going to be in the same boat.

He's going to lose control of himself and will rely heavily on women to save him.

WW or Superman would do this for anyone...
    You said earlier that the last person to do it should be Superman because he's so disconnected from humanity.

What I'm saying is that with his combination of power and personal experience he is qualified to handle the situation and afterward their bond should grow even stronger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    How so?

Wonder Woman wasn't born the Goddess of War, that's a mantle she received after defeating Ares. Likewise Superman wasn't born with this virus, he will acquire it after defeating Doomsday. The only difference I see is that one mind altering force is magical and the other is science.

Superman is going to be in the same boat.

He's going to lose control of himself and will rely heavily on women to save him.

You said earlier that the last person to do it should be Superman because he's so disconnected from humanity.

What I'm saying is that with his combination of power and personal experience he is qualified to handle the situation and afterward their bond should grow even stronger.
    WW accepted her role as God of War, she has to accept the role for really take over the God role. It's part of her now.
    Superman didn't aceept or choose the virus. Completely different things. I wish I could choose to not have a virus.

he is going to lose control of hilself because of the virus, not because of who he is. not the same boat.

I said that they would help anyone that needs help.

Superman is not qualified in any way to help her, what he knows about humanity if he want to distance himself from human relationships?

BANNED

WW accepted her role as God of War, she has to accept the role for really take over the God role. It's part of her now.
    Superman didn't aceept or choose the virus. Completely different things. I wish I could choose to not have a virus.

he is going to lose control of hilself because of the virus, not because of who he is. not the same boat.
    I fail to see any meaningful difference, in both cases outside forces are affecting their mental state and they require outside help to go back to normal.

Wonder Woman's Goddess of War status forces her to act dangerously out of character and she needs his help to save her humanity.

Superman's infected status forces him to act dangerously out of character and he needs her help to save his humanity.

I said that they would help anyone that needs help.

Superman is not qualified in any way to help her, what he knows about humanity if he want to distance himself from human relationships?
    What makes Wonder Woman qualified? She's not human either, so if you have no problem with her helping Superman why can't he return the favor?

Astonishing Member

She brought the role upon herself in order to stop the First Born from becoming War, and then she agreed to actively take up the role in order to fight against the First Born, who otherwise seemed bound to destory everything. So, what this role says about her nature is that she was willing to sacrifice everything--not only her mentor, but potentially her humanity--to save the world. That seems more heroic than just unwillingly contracting a virus.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-07-2014 at 06:35 PM.