Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mighty Member

I would go for a team of 8 that can always rotate for different missions or can be split in 2 for multiple crisises

Rogue
    Moonstar (with her mutant powers and Valkyrie powers)
    Beast
    Colossus
    Captain Marvel
    Spider-woman
    Wonder Man
    Doctor Voodoo

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

My ideal roster would consist of the following:

Storm
    Beast
    Adult Iceman
    Wonder Man
    Thor (Jane)
    Wasp (Janet)
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver

Why these particular characters?

Storm - Because she needs to get her groove back after her disastrous leadership of the X-Men in recent years. She needs to break completely away from the X-Men for a while and start doing more general superheroics.
    Beast - Because he REALLY needs to get as far away from the X-Men as possible. It's obvious he doesn't have a place there anymore, largely due to his own petty attitude and the shady things he's pulled. Maybe some time hanging out with his best buddy Wonder Man will snap him out of it.
    Iceman - Because he's got the power level of an A-list hero and none of the ambition. It's time for him to take on some big boy responsibility as a key member of the Avengers Unity Squad.
    Wonder Man - Because he's already established himself as a member of this team, and his history with Beast and Scarlet Witch should make for good storytelling opportunities.
    Thor - Because TWO weather controlling goddess types are better than one. Storm can teach Thor a thing or two about her powers, and working together they could do some really cool stuff.
    Wasp - Because the team needs a founding Avenger, and Jan is woefully underused (sorry, Nadia, but no one likes you). Plus, who ya gonna call if Pymtron attacks again?
    Scarlet Witch - Because every team needs that crazy person you don't fully trust, but you still want to keep a close eye on.
    Quicksilver - Because of course he's going to want to be the one keeping a close eye on his sister.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

Rogue
    Human Torch
    Voodoo
    Quicksilver
    Psynapse
    Beast
    Captain Britain
    Canonball
    Cable

Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Wasp
    Wonder Man
    Synapse
    Nightcrawler
    Beast
    Odinson

Give Rogue a rest from this team. Give me Beast and Nightcrawler as the X-Men representatives.

Spectacular Member

I really like this last line up. I actually enjoyed Deadpool and Rogue's relationship (not really the romantic part)

I always enjoyed Cable being on Rogue's team. He doesn't take over leadership, eventhough he could. He consults, goes with the plan, respectful, and steps up when he needs to. Just like he did back in Carey's run. But no more cable and prob no more deadpool on this team.

Rogue
    Quicksliver
    Human Torch
    Wasp
    Synapse
    Voodoo(take him or leave him)
    Ms. Marvel (Khan)-Inhuman Addition

Feasible Mutant Additions:
    Iceman (preferred)
    Dazzler (preferred)
    X-23 (favorite of mine, don't know how she would fit, but why not)
    Molly Hayes (needs to get more evolved with X-Men, makes since due to Battle of the Atom)
    Sage (out of the blue like Cable)

Choices I would I like, but unlikely
    Cannonball
    Namor (is he dead or not, one of my favorite characters)
    Hope (dead or alive, i don't know, but she has a connection to Rogue

Please no!
    Beast
    Storm (I like her, she needs redemption, but this is not the place. She needs mutant redemption)

Re-read Battle of the Atom. Molly wasn't an X-Man, she was brainwashed into joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. They were just impersonating the future X-Men. Her being on any X related team would be out of character. She was headhunted for the Xavier/Jean Grey School more than once. She ended up joining Avengers Academy instead, though using a robot teacher for most things and only actually attending extra-curricular activities.

With Runaways getting a TV show, the comic will probably be back soon too. As such she's probably not even available.

Namor was resurrected at the end of Squadron Supreme, so yeah, he's alive. He's appearing with the Invaders in Secret Empire: Brave New World.

Hope is also alive. She's guesting in Jean Grey's solo soon.

Kamala is a no-no. She founded the Champions (we don't know for sure that she's gone for good from there yet, could just be Secret Empire), and been recruited to the Secret Warriors. Three teams is too many for one person (yes, Logan needs to drop one). In addition, considering why she left the ANAD Avengers and formed the Champions, she won't be an Avenger again any time soon.