Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Kusanagi :
    1) Beast: If any character screamed, "I need healing!" it's Beast. If the new UA squad has Wonder Man as is expected, Beast might actually re-capture something of when he was a fun and likable character!
    Why do You think that Wonder Man will join them? He already left + his memories about UA aren't great. Being absorbed, losing all money. He already joined other team.

Did I missed something?

BANNED

1) Beast! His appearance in Duggan's last issue was a breath of fresh air. I don't think he should be with the XMEN until he's been redeemed and UA is the perfect way of doing that.

2) Storm. But only if the next UA writer isn't "colorblind".

3) Iceman. He needs more exposure outside of the X-world.

Laura (Wolverine) makes a lot of sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Dani Moonstar.
    She should have been made one years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Dazzler - I believe Ali will thrive in a traditional superhero set-up without all the mutant angst
    I think the Avengers have asked her join at least three times already.
    Last edited by norj; 05-12-2017 at 07:29 AM.

There are many characters that could be on this team.

I would support Beast, Bobby, Storm, Gambit and Wolverine ( Laura) among the most famous.

But I would also like to see others on this team like Dazzler, Polaris, Canonball, Karma, Sage, Surge, Hellion with more creative freedom and who are in limbo.

BANNED

Psylocke: Close with Rogue, already has a high public profile, her twin brother's an Avenger and the team needs a telepath now that Cable's gone. Betsy checks a lot of boxes.

Iceman: Could be fun for Johnny team ups and he's also close with Rogue. Also a secret heavy hitter and not on any active teams.

Dazzler: Primairily to see her ordered around by Rogue. Like water under the bridge sugah.

Magik, Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Polaris, Longshot, Gambit, Bishop, Sage, Northstar and Wolverine could all be good too. Or bringing back Havok or Beast.

Surprised at all the Storm mentions though. She's already on two other teams and her fanbase seems to rage at the fact she's not leading and at the center of attention for Gold. I'd prefer UA didn't have that sort of toxicity surrounding it, it's really bringing Ororo down in my eyes.

BANNED

Surprised at all the Storm mentions though. She's already on two other teams and her fanbase seems to rage at the fact she's not leading and at the center of attention for Gold. I'd prefer UA didn't have that sort of toxicity surrounding it, it's really bringing Ororo down in my eyes.
    Disagree. It's not about her being the center of attention is her not being treated as a token. I'd personally be glad if she got taken out of that book (even if she goes nowhere else) as long as "colorblind" boy is writing it.

She's being written well in The Crew book.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Picking three from each side, I can't argue with Iceman, Beast, and Dani from the X-Men side. For the Avengers side, I'd go with Wasp, Wonder Man, and Hercules. I really want to see Herc and Bobby develop a close relationship like Beast and Wonder Man, not even necessarily romantic, although I would really love to see an on-page retraction of that whole "Herc is straight" bs from a few years back.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I woud only Avengers who have been part of the X verse. That way it's really a combo worth my money; Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot, Beast, Cloak and Dagger Quicksilver and Rogue.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Disagree. It's not about her being the center of attention is her not being treated as a token. I'd personally be glad if she got taken out of that book (even if she goes nowhere else) as long as "colorblind" boy is writing it.

She's being written well in The Crew book.
    There's no tokenism in Storm's treatment on Gold. She's just coming off flat, but that's true for everyone in that book. Except Creepy Colossus and Bossy Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I think the Avengers have asked her join at least three times already.
    She technically DID join a couple of years ago - A-Force was an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    He's a family man now. He can't be concerned with things like the people he's spent his entire life with.
    Then why is he currently working with the U.S.Avengers? He actually joined Sunspot's team towards the end of the previous New Avengers series.

Quicksilver and Wonder Man are both currently with the Underground Resistance. There's no reason why Simon won't come back after Secret Empire but I think if Quicksilver was coming back he'd be in Zub's first arc trapped in the Darkforce shield instead of out there with Hercules, Hawkeye, Widow, and the Champions.

The older Beast is a twofer, being both an original X-Man and a past Avenger. The Iceman and Wolverine suggestions are both good shouts for the other mutant spot, as both currently lack teams, though do have solo books. The final spot could go to another Inhuman, one of the Nuhumans from Soule's Inhuman/Uncanny Inhumans that no longer has a place in the current books. Alternatively, if Thunderbolts doesn't come back, they could use Songbird.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-12-2017 at 09:35 AM.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Dazzler should be an Uncanny Avenger. She's the most logical choice, has incredibly strong ties to the MU and most members of the Avengers. She has been asked more than once to join, but never did. Also she is one of the most famous (and infamous) mutants in the Marvel world in universe. It makes sense for a "Unity Squad" to have someone with a high Q rating and has done a lot for mutant/human relations through her music career. It would be like when they brought on Jan and Simon to help with PR, why Jan or Steve didn't reach out to her and ask her to join is beyond irritating.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She technically DID join a couple of years ago - A-Force was an Avengers team.

Then why is he currently working with the U.S.Avengers? He actually joined Sunspot's team towards the end of the previous New Avengers series.
    Is he still with them? I thought he resigned to stay in Shi'ar space?

That was why he left the Hickman team. I'm referring to Ewing's run. He commutes now, spends the week on Earth and weekends with his wife Smasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was why he left the Hickman team. I'm referring to Ewing's run. He commutes now, spends the week on Earth and weekends with his wife Smasher.
    In the last issue of USAvengers, he and smasher decided to stop superheroing and stay with the Shi'ar.