Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Simsonson's Orion had Scott using the ALE, and I'd be very surprised if King hadn't read that.

On the subject of King's writing being depresing, I've talked to friends who have read his work to and commented that a lot of it has this distinct feeling of, "You feeling ok?" to it. Given his background in intelligence, I'm not surprised his work tends towards the depressing.

Fantastic Member

What are Scott's strength and endurance levels? I ask because last issue got me a little confused. So far I thought that he is human-level but last issue he got a pretty good beating from a certain someone and that someone is on Superman's power level.

Not human level. He’s a New God.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not human level. He’s a New God.
    And how strong is he, from Batman to Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    And how strong is he, from Batman to Superman?
    Mister Miracle is way stronger than Batman but lower to Superman, MM usually relies on wits, speed and intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    What are Scott's strength and endurance levels? I ask because last issue got me a little confused. So far I thought that he is human-level but last issue he got a pretty good beating from a certain someone and that someone is on Superman's power level.
    Well I don't think Orion was trying to kill the guy, just put him in his place but still capable of fighting and leading the charge.

Kirby was never specific on how strong Mister Miracle is supposed to be. From all his history it seems like Scott is definitely peak or above human speed, strength, and reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Well I don't think Orion was trying to kill the guy, just put him in his place but still capable of fighting and leading the charge.
    Yeah there’s no way Orion was hitting him with his full strength. The guy is on par with Superman and Darkseid. Like Superman I’m sure he has great control over how much strength to use depending on the situation.

BANNED

there was a plotline to the effect that he had given up his godhood to live on earth so he was no more powerful than the next guy and had to use new gods tech to that effect to compensate for his lack of powers.

Isn't Scott the physical embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation, which gives him like unlimited powers, or was that retconned?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Kirby was never specific on how strong Mister Miracle is supposed to be. From all his history it seems like Scott is definitely peak or above human speed, strength, and reflexes.
    That was my impression too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Isn't Scott taking care with Barda so he doesn't get himself crushed? I distinctly get the impression she's considerably stronger than he is. Additionally, if Scott had considerable meta-human physicality, his escapes wouldn't be nearly as exciting. What's the big deal if a super-strong dude can't get out of the exploding trap? Scott as peak but far from super-human makes the most sense to me, given his profession.

Entertainment Weekly did an interview with King and Gerad about Mister Miracle.

http://ew.com/books/2017/10/09/mr-mi...ors-new-comic/

King has some interesting things to say about “Darkseid is.”

BANNED

the cover to mister miracle 4

Derington also gives an exclusive look into the intense creative process he went through to create each of the first four covers to Mister Miracle.
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...e-in-new-gods/

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the cover to mister miracle 4

Derington also gives an exclusive look into the intense creative process he went through to create each of the first four covers to Mister Miracle.
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...e-in-new-gods/
    I love Barda on that cover,
    aa33a6629908943.jpg
    Since, it looks like every NG character will get a cover spotlight? Barda read spot on fun for her brief part in #3. Otherwise, the ish wasn't bad at all but I am not yet excited by the mystery going on.
    3_medium.jpg
    It probably is a big deal that I am not familiar enough with the New Gods mythos/canon but this just did not fully connect with me which is also a responsibility of the storytelling. An annotated version would no doubt definitely improve the appreciation of the developments but probably should not factor into the first read rating. There are probably a lot of clues there. The art was okay. If this does end up to be some grand illusion/delusion then here's hoping the payoff reveal is great enough to make up for all the drama of these deaths that did not happen after all. I'll still check out next ish...

I can’t say enough positive things about this book. Every issue is just gut wrenching, but somehow in a good way.