Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Don't know anything about this character but he looks cool and I always thought Big Barda was lovely lol
    Superhero shows are trash

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Don't know anything about this character but he looks cool and I always thought Big Barda was lovely lol
    Pretty much same. Also, I am very interested in this specific type of project from King.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Pretty much same. Also, I am very interested in this specific type of project from King.
    I didn't read through the whole thread so if someone already told you this then oops, but if you want to learn more about the GREATNESS of Scott and Barda, I'd recommend both Mister Miracle ongoing runs, one from the early 70's and the other from 1989-early 90's, I love them both, personally, and Scott was a founding/frequently appearing member of Justice League International, with Barda getting some great appearances as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I didn't read through the whole thread so if someone already told you this then oops, but if you want to learn more about the GREATNESS of Scott and Barda, I'd recommend both Mister Miracle ongoing runs, one from the early 70's and the other from 1989-early 90's, I love them both, personally, and Scott was a founding/frequently appearing member of Justice League International, with Barda getting some great appearances as well.
    I sampled #19 from 1990 by Moench. To borrow parlance from other boards, it was comfy, but I didn't get grabbed by the heartstrings like I was hoping.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    King says the book is 100% in continuity and will affect the DCU on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised if they at least reference it.
    I think what Frontier is saying is that the Scott who is at the center of this mini series is more likely to be the guy who was a regular member of the JLI than the guy who just met the JL in Darkseid War.

Although I am completely biased, this is the best comic news I have heard in over a decade. With him being my favorite character, I am happy to hear that this is a 12 issue series and not an ongoing, as much as a I like Mr. Miracle I have to admit that he probably would not be able to continue any kind of ongoing book sales wise. Also King seems to do incredibly well with limited series ( Sheriff of Babylon, Omega Men and The Vision being great examples), Knowing that there will be a definite conclusion is really assuring. Nothing worse than your favorite character getting a solo book and having it cancelled mid run and not tying up the ending. With all the hints that King had been giving out I thought it would be a New Gods title but I am thrilled that it will be a Mr. Miracle book instead. The only thing that kind of struck me was the Christ figure reference, as a huge Mr. Miracle fan I can honestly say I have never seen the character in that light but King is a great writer so I am sure he will be able to do something interesting with Scott and the rest of the new gods.

Hopefully King can resolve some of the open threads from Darkseid war and still embrace the history of the character at the same time. Regardless of what happens I am just thrilled to see scott get the spotlight for a little and to have a great creative team working on the book. After darkseid war I was expecting something with Scott and Barda but was worried it would be along the lines of a 5 issue mini written by lobdell or something like that, to have it be a 12 issue series by the guy who is writing batman is well worth the wait.
    Last edited by regg215; 05-14-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Looking forward to this, but I also was a bit weirder out by Miracle being Jesus figure, never really thought about him in that way. For me Jesus is more about self sacrifice than about freedom and life that Miracle represents.

This is going to be a must pull for me, since anything Fourth World I eat up. Tom King writing just adds to the desire. The art isn't my cup of tea but it gives the comic a certain weirdness that fits. I can't wait for this.

What's with Orion wearing undies on the outside, though? Has DC reversed their ruling? Is there hope for hardcore Superman fans?
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Looking forward to this, but I also was a bit weirder out by Miracle being Jesus figure, never really thought about him in that way. For me Jesus is more about self sacrifice than about freedom and life that Miracle represents.
    To be fair, Jesus's sacrifice was to set people free from sin and death and give them eternal life...

BANNED

Would that make Orion, Moses?

I just finished reading The Vision - so naturally I'm in!

So, anyone catch this today yet? I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the way Gerards is drawing Barda, but it was more enjoyable than the previews led me to believe. The "signal interference" effect I'm sure has some reason that we don't know yet, but it's pretty annoying right now.

So, anyone catch this today yet? I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the way Gerards is drawing Barda, but it was more enjoyable than the previews led me to believe. The "signal interference" effect I'm sure has some reason that we don't know yet, but it's pretty annoying right now.
    Out of curiosity, what turns you off about his depiction of Barda?

I am hoping for work on the level of Tom King's Vision story. I suspect it may not be that good, but still... Worth getting down to the shop today for in any case.

Mighty Member

Amazing first issue. I'm quite sure this will become a very special story. Everything was spot on for me. Everything from Scott and Barda as a couple to the looming gloom. Can't wait till next month.