Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Got something to ask...when the book launches is it likely to pick up the plot points of Scott and Barda at the end of Darkseid War? or do people think King will ignore that and start afresh? I don't see how they can since DS war tied directly into rebirth, but what's the general opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I'm actually intrigued by the "relatable" people aspect but then I have no history whatsoever with the New Gods. However if it was simply about the gods aspect I probably wouldn't be interested at all.
    Same. I've never been able to get into DC's cosmic side at all, partially for this reason. This series might change that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm a fan of the creative team so I will check it out (not sure in single issues or trade yet).

I can see King putting aside where they were in Darkseid War for the time being and having #1 be a fresh jumping on point. It is 12 issue story so he'll probably answer that later on (or could just quickly deal with it in the first few issues?)

I could go with either cosmic or down-to-Earth, myself.

I've always been a fan of epic cosmic power struggles and otherworldly mythology, such as Thor's Asgard tales and Crossgen's First. And DC does seem to be lacking in that department.

But at the same time, I loved DeMatteis' Mister Miracle series that was basically a superhero Bewitched. And with current comics, the trend has been for ordinary people to be somwhat pushed out for supporting characters that are also superheroes, which has made their worlds less like our own. So a Mister Miracle series with the Frees interacting with normal neighbors and regular folks while dealing with visits from 'the family' would also be welcome.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinr View Post
    Got something to ask...when the book launches is it likely to pick up the plot points of Scott and Barda at the end of Darkseid War? or do people think King will ignore that and start afresh? I don't see how they can since DS war tied directly into rebirth, but what's the general opinion?
    This seems like it's going to ignore most of the New 52 New Gods stuff, especially since we have Scott and Barda together here. I'll be surprised if Darkseid War is even referenced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I could go with either cosmic or down-to-Earth, myself.
    I've always been a fan of epic cosmic power struggles and otherworldly mythology, such as Thor's Asgard tales and Crossgen's First. And DC does seem to be lacking in that department.
    But at the same time, I loved DeMatteis' Mister Miracle series that was basically a superhero Bewitched. And with current comics, the trend has been for ordinary people to be somwhat pushed out for supporting characters that are also superheroes, which has made their worlds less like our own. So a Mister Miracle series with the Frees interacting with normal neighbors and regular folks while dealing with visits from 'the family' would also be welcome.
    I love anything that makes the comics worlds I read less like our own. If I want to read about neighbours and domestic bliss/trials, I'd read and enjoy Animal Man again. If the entire point of Scott and Barda's domesticity is to show that it's simply impossible for gods to live as 'normal' humans beyond a brief vacation respite before reality violently reasserts itself in the most beautiful Kirby-esque cosmic ways imaginable, then brilliant. I'd rather read about humans out of place on New Genesis or slaving in the mines of Apokolips than another Barda bakes cookies scenario. Negativity aside, the creative team is solid even if the direction is one I'm tired of seeing. I hope I am positively surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting her to grind him into paste as soon as she woke up. Though the way she handled it was still just as effective .
    Well they have house payments to make now, so she's gotta rein it in a little.

Very excited for this book. Was never the biggest fan of Scott but I love the New Gods and King's writing, so I'm all over this!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My LCS just convinced me to go in on this. It is now officially on my pull list. Of course, King's Vision helped considerably.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This seems like it's going to ignore most of the New 52 New Gods stuff, especially since we have Scott and Barda together here. I'll be surprised if Darkseid War is even referenced at all.
    King says the book is 100% in continuity and will affect the DCU on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised if they at least reference it.

BANNED

One problem is that the Mister Miracle costume is just plain BAD; I regard it as Kirby's worst. I'd redesign the costume, and I'd have Big Barda kicking butt instead of being a damsel in distress.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the response, Atleast King has free reign by the sounds of it, looks like the majority of their pre crisis history will survive hopefully, although for me the less of Starlins work they use the better lol.

Astonishing Member

This is a crime for it to be a mini.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    This is a crime for it to be a mini.
    It would never get the commercial legs to be viable as an ongoing I'm afraid.

King's excelled in this format before also. I can't recommend Omega Men enough. It's one of my favourite DC series of the past five years.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    It would never get the commercial legs to be viable as an ongoing I'm afraid.

King's excelled in this format before also. I can't recommend Omega Men enough. It's one of my favourite DC series of the past five years.
    I just read Omega Men cover to cover in one sit down for the first time last night. It's a work of incredible craftsmanship, though the message is the same as Dixon's Birds of Prey #18. Makes me sad Bagenda isn't doing more mainstream work, even as fill in guest issues or more miniseries.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Awwwwww yeeeee.

e5bdbf44895df0074f236efd9d19ee67.png

I'm excite. Might as well collect the floppies for this one. I'd usually wait for trade on a mini but at 12 issues this is gonna take forever to be collected, lol
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .