Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Good stuff, looking at first issue alone I think this has potential to be better than what Morrison did with Shilo.

And yeah, very good usage of black Darkseid Is panels. As Scott gets more and more depressed (and confused) we see more panels consumed by Darkseid till eventually he gets entire page and Highfather dies.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm surprised no one has posted about the new issue yet! I enjoyed it, though the war scenes felt a little like a rerun of Omega Men's war scenes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Yeah thought this was class, granny delightfully sadistic, And also loved the 'kneeling' scene, Hope King can keep it this good.

Absolutely brilliant.

It's a drag that all other comics are not half as good as this title.

This feels like Omega Men and Vision all over again, where I get just antsy waiting for the next issue.

Poor Scott isn't sure who he can trust. Even Barda .

In my entire history of reading comics I think this is the nicest I have ever seen Granny Goodness without it being just an act or Granny being Granny .

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Scott isn't sure who he can trust. Even Barda .

In my entire history of reading comics I think this is the nicest I have ever seen Granny Goodness without it being just an act or Granny being Granny .
    Barda is a good woman.
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 09-13-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Just...wow. It's like the New Gods meets David Lynch. Awesome New Gods action but yet nothing feels right. Every panel is filled with a sense of unease. The claustrophobic 9 panel layout is perfect for the story that King is telling. Darkseid is.

I always felt that Orion would be a terrible replacement for Highfather. He's the god of war while Highfather is supposed to be the personification of peace, wisdom, and strength. Scott would be a perfect Highfather.

Fantastic Member

Solid second issue. Kept my on the edge of my seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Just...wow. It's like the New Gods meets David Lynch. Awesome New Gods action but yet nothing feels right. Every panel is filled with a sense of unease. The claustrophobic 9 panel layout is perfect for the story that King is telling. Darkseid is.
    I need to read these issues over and over. I KNOW there's stuff in here I'm missing. Every word or picture could mean something important. And the art is as beautiful as the story is deep. The Lynch comment is perfect, though.

Book's been well worth the hype.

Always Rakzo

Boy, I didn't really like this one as much as the first one. While it tried to give new deep developments to classic characters, I feel like King's STYLE is starting to get insufferable. Particularly the way how the dialogue is handled and how some of the scenes are depicted (at the very least it didn't have the usual repetition).

Gerards' artwork is fantastic though, really good storytelling and presentation.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

As I said, Oberon deserved better. You hear me, King?

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    As I said, Oberon deserved better. You hear me, King?
    I'm not sure Oberon is really dead. He was Scott's grounding to the "real world" and his presence was a major influence on Scott. Removing him takes some of what makes Scott, Scott. Oberon may be reset (like Highfather) at the end of the series. At least I'm hoping so.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 09-28-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: someone mispells two letter words

Incredible Member

There is no way this is in continuity or ends without a reset. Everything that doesn't make sense is probably just Darkseid manipulating reality to mess with Scott. Oberon dying, Barda's eyes, Godfrey telling Scott he may be dead, Orion instigating war, Granny Goodness being nice and caring.

The way I could see it, Scott tried committing suicide because as the master of escape artistry, he could feel something was wrong with reality and the only way to escape was death or pushing Darkseid's hand.
    Last edited by whiterabbit; 09-28-2017 at 11:24 AM.

It wouldn't surprise me if in this series Scott is still on Apokalips and hasn't even escaped. (yet) But maybe I've seen too many episodes of "The Prisoner"...